Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Engagement Club 33 Dinner

Hey Guys!! Anyone with a big heart out there willing to help a guy in love? I am going to Disneyland on 08/03/213 and I want to propose to my girlfriend. Anyone willing to get us in to Club 33 for dinner? I'd be so very appreciative and willing to repay you in kind. I want to make this trip as magical as possible!!

Thanks,

Justin

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Engagement Club 33 Dinner

I hope you find yourself a way to get in! That being said, outward asking is generally frowned upon. Best of luck in your search, and remember, network, ask everybody you know, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jnizzy1977 View Post
    ...I am going to Disneyland on 08/03/213 and I want to propose to my girlfriend. Anyone willing to get us in to Club 33 for dinner?
    You should work on a backup plan, since there are likely not any reservations available on such short notice (assuming a member wanted to help).

This thread will self-destruct shortly...
    Last edited by Nonsuch; 07-30-2013 at 02:09 PM.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I hate to tell you this but Disneyland wasn't around in the year 213. Set the time machine for any date after 7/17/1955 and you'll be fine.

• Greetings, Program!

33 by this Saturday? Even if you had a blood relative with a membership it would be impossible. Not exaggerating.

Go to Plan B, amigo.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    33 by this Saturday? Even if you had a blood relative with a membership it would be impossible. Not exaggerating.

Go to Plan B, amigo.
    Could happen for a late seating... I hope he finds a way to do it.

• Greetings, Program!

Would be earth shatteringly awesome for his bride-to-be if he swings it, but realism must take a seat on this train.

A 100% more plausible backup plan would be the Blue Bayou. Get a table near the water and you have an uber-romantic setup. The lighting is very atmospheric and the place just oozes amore! Years ago my GF took me there for a birthday lunch about two months into our relationship. I still remember it in vivid detail.

OP: Disney Dining will set it up for you now if you get the call in quick enough. (714) 781-DINE

• Closed Account

I'd make Plan B a reservation at Napa Rose, Steakhouse 55, or Carthay Circle and go big on your menu selections, wine, etc.

• Closed Account

Get Blue Bayou or Napa Rose reservations now as a backup plan, they could sell out if you wait until the last minute. Blue Bayou is your best bet for that kind of thing. Good luck with your Club 33 quest!

I'd recommend Blue Bayou as a backup. You might also want to call Disney dining or Disney Dream Makers (I think it's called) line and see if they can't work with you to make the moment perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I hate to tell you this but Disneyland wasn't around in the year 213. Set the time machine for any date after 7/17/1955 and you'll be fine.
    I hate to disagree, but while Disneyland exists in the specified time range, Club 33 did not open until May of 1967. So, he'd need to set the time machine to at least that late in history.

My personal recommendation would be to take, say, a modern laptop back to 1967, sell it to the US government for a fortune, buy the Club 33 membership (or perhaps Disneyland), and then he's all set.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyAaron View Post
    I hate to disagree, but while Disneyland exists in the specified time range, Club 33 did not open until May of 1967. So, he'd need to set the time machine to at least that late in history.

My personal recommendation would be to take, say, a modern laptop back to 1967, sell it to the US government for a fortune, buy the Club 33 membership (or perhaps Disneyland), and then he's all set.
    Still set it for 1955. Sell that same laptop, and maybe throw in a tablet and/or a smartphone, and he'd have enough money to buy the entire park. Then travel back to 2013, and close the park so that they have the whole place to themselves and propose to her in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle during their own private fireworks show.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Still set it for 1955. Sell that same laptop, and maybe throw in a tablet and/or a smartphone, and he'd have enough money to buy the entire park. Then travel back to 2013, and close the park so that they have the whole place to themselves and propose to her in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle during their own private fireworks show.
    The OP is busy executing your plan, which explains why he is not participating in this thread.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    The OP is busy executing your plan, which explains why he is not participating in this thread.
    I cannot wait to see how history is changed by his time traveling. Hopefully he will not only succeed in his endeavor but somehow prevent the existence of the Kardashians.....and Paul Pressler.

My fiance made arrangements at the Disneyland Hotel to get the Honeymoon Suite for 1 night (it was already book for the other nights), we went to dinner and she surprised me with room keys to the Hotel, but didn't say anything else. When I walked in there were rose petals, candles, matching terry cloth robes, and a ring on the bed. She said that the management was amazing, but even they couldn't help seal the deal with a dinner at Club 33. Not a bad plan B though, it was everything I could have wished for and something I will NEVER forget. Good luck on your quest!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast