Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

questions about AP differences

Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting an AP for the first time for 2014, but I don't know whether or not to go with the Drluxe or Premium. I'm a seattle guy so I can't go daily so block outs aren't an issue. I'm hoping those of you who have these passes can fill in the missing benefits info.

Merchandise discount - I know premium gives 20%, does Deluxe give anything?
    Dining - Premium says 10-15% and deluxe gives 10%
    Special resort hotel rates - I can't find any details on this, is it the same rate regardless which pass I get? And how significant of a savings is it? I've never stayed at DLH and really hope to get 1 night in, possibly for my birthday.

Anything else??

I know I'm getting an AP, at this point its just a question of which one I get, so can anyone sell me on the premium and justify the extra $170
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Re: questions about AP differences

Premium gives you free parking.
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

• Minion

if I also get a disney debit card, I can't combine the discounts can I?

as for parking... meh, I'm not going to be driving 24 hours each way unless there are 2+ others in the car to switch off the driving
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I know I'm getting an AP, at this point its just a question of which one I get, so can anyone sell me on the premium and justify the extra $170
    Will you be going on Saturdays? Holidays? Christmas time?
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Will you be going on Saturdays? Holidays? Christmas time?
    I work at a lego store... so no I won't be there during holidays, as for christmas time, I have a nightly performance the entire season so that is out as well. Pretty much october and december are out, I might be able to squeeze 1 in mid november when the halloween store is packed up and before "holiday" starts at work. My first trip on my AP will be 2/23-3/1 (my birthday is 2/25)
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• -

I work at a lego store... so no I won't be there during holidays, as for christmas time, I have a nightly performance the entire season so that is out as well. Pretty much october and december are out, I might be able to squeeze 1 in mid november when the halloween store is packed up and before "holiday" starts at work. My first trip on my AP will be 2/23-3/1 (my birthday is 2/25)
    What about the other holiday weekends? Memorial Day, Labor Day, Fourth of July? Or just weekends in general. Premium gets you all of those.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

most likely not, my plans are my b-day week, week of the anniversary (7/17), and a week at the start of the halloween season at the park, about 15 days for the year
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Closed Account

Anything else??
    We have the Premium Annual Passes. The reason we go with the Premium is because of the parking. At $16 a day for parking, we only have to visit 10 times to make up the pass price in parking fees. We make lots of trips throughout the year, so for us, the parking included is the biggest perk.

The blockout dates were another selling factor to us. We love to be at Disneyland and away from family on holidays. With the Deluxe annual pass, Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, were all blacked out. We also visit multiple times in May, and most of the weekends were blacked out.

In the gift shops, 20% is the discount for Premium vs 10% for Deluxe passes. For dining establishments Premium is 15% vs 10% for Deluxe. Hotel discounts vary based on current promotions that are running.

The real question is, do you need parking, and will you be visiting during blackout days? If you visit on a blackout day, it's $50 per day. Those add up quickly. If you don't need the parking or the blackout dates, then go with the Deluxe.

• Former Churro Jockey

I will tell you that this year the dates where the other annual passes are blocked out have become the least crowded, so I am personally going to give up my So Cal pass and when I purchase another one (which probably will not be for several years) it will be the premium. I don't know when on earth I'll be able to afford that, and certainly if I get married and start a family and have to consider purchasing more then one, then maybe I'll never have an AP again. So I would probably say you should go with the premium, and try to go on dates where all of the other passes are blocked out. If you already know that you will be renewing your pass next year, then you can try the deluxe this year and see how that works out and then reevaluate it next year.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

The Premium Passes are the only ones that can get you discounts on Guided tours.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• -

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    The Premium Passes are the only ones that can get you discounts on Guided tours.
    Not true. The Premium is the lowest pass that gets you discounts on tours. Premium and above recieves a discount.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

so it looks like DLH is around 350/night on average, could anyone that has an AP do me a favor and check the price to check in on 2/24/14 and check out on 2/25/14 just so I can see the difference? And search for with just 1 adult in the room, nobody else
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Not true. The Premium is the lowest pass that gets you discounts on tours. Premium and above recieves a discount.
    also not true according to the website Discounts | Annual Passports | Disneyland Resort it says all passes get 20% off the tour
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• -

so it looks like DLH is around 350/night on average, could anyone that has an AP do me a favor and check the price to check in on 2/24/14 and check out on 2/25/14 just so I can see the difference? And search for with just 1 adult in the room, nobody else
    They probably don't have the passholder deals yet for that time period, but you could try calling them and letting them know that you will be a passholder by that point and find out what the rates are that are available.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post

Nevermind, I like to withdrawal my last post. I thought that only the PAP got discounts for the Guided Tours. I checked the Disneyland website:

Tours
    Premium Annual Passport Deluxe Annual Passport Southern California Annual Passport Southern California Select Annual Passport Days Valid
    Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps Guided Tour
    20%
    20% 20% 20% Every Day
    Welcome to the Disneyland Resort Tour 20% 20% 20% 20% Every Day
    "Cultivating the Magic" Tour 20% 20% 20% 20% Every Day
    Discover the Magic Tour
    20% 20%
    20% 20% Every Day
    Disney's Happiest Haunts Tour 20% 20% 20% 20% Every Day
    "Holiday Time at Disneyland" Tour 20% 20%
    20% 20% Every Day
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast