Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The worst thing I ever did as a CM -- sell people blue raspberry churros

Heck, if it's a berry flavor, I'd try it, no matter how disgusting it sounds.

Great story, and thanks for sharing.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

HAHAHAH this was too good man

I've never tried a churro (since they lack popularity in Canada) but I imagine them to taste like mini donuts and that would just be an awful combination.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by beckramenoodles View Post
    I've never tried a churro (since they lack popularity in Canada) but I imagine them to taste like mini donuts and that would just be an awful combination.
    They do taste like cinnamon donuts. In fact, though they are mainly eaten as snacks/dessert in America, churros are often eaten for breakfast in Spain (though the shape and texture can vary slightly from the Western version of the churro), which is why they are sometimes referred to as "Spanish donuts."

• Blew By You

If you sold me my one and only churro I've ever bought at Disneyland, then maybe you do owe me an apology. Got a bad stomach ache.

• Former Churro Jockey

In regard to the strawberry churros that some people have mentioned, those came out that fall. After the blue raspberry churros turned out not to be popular, they decided to try different flavors. I actually liked the strawberry churros more then the cinnamon flavor. Later on (maybe a year or so later), they added apple flavor, and when I left Disney in the fall of 99 they were offering apple flavor on the west side of the park (Critter Country, New Orleans Square, Frontierland), and strawberry flavor in the east side of the park. I don't know what year that went away, but I've seen chocolate offered in the past, and I also saw for a brief time some kind of strawberry jelly or jam. The strawberry churros that I sold were flavored sugar, so we just rolled the churro in strawberry sugar instead of cinnamon sugar. With the jam, I guess they would still roll the churro in cinnamon sugar, and then you would dip it in the cup of strawberry jam. I haven't paid that close attention so I don't know if they offer anything today other then the regular cinnamon.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Strawberry Churros were the best! I remember getting one by ToT back in the old Cal Adv days!
    I walked with you once upon a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    In regard to the strawberry churros that some people have mentioned, those came out that fall. After the blue raspberry churros turned out not to be popular, they decided to try different flavors. I actually liked the strawberry churros more then the cinnamon flavor. Later on (maybe a year or so later), they added apple flavor, and when I left Disney in the fall of 99 they were offering apple flavor on the west side of the park (Critter Country, New Orleans Square, Frontierland), and strawberry flavor in the east side of the park. I don't know what year that went away, but I've seen chocolate offered in the past, and I also saw for a brief time some kind of strawberry jelly or jam. The strawberry churros that I sold were flavored sugar, so we just rolled the churro in strawberry sugar instead of cinnamon sugar. With the jam, I guess they would still roll the churro in cinnamon sugar, and then you would dip it in the cup of strawberry jam. I haven't paid that close attention so I don't know if they offer anything today other then the regular cinnamon.
    It's pretty much just regular cinnamon now except for the one Bavarian churro cart in Downtown Disney.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12