Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: Why do you visit Disneyland instead of Disneyworld?

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Some have mentioned this and I agree that the lack of consistent attractions has always made me skeptical about WDW. Breaking it down by park, for me personally, the only attractions I'm really interested in are:

Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest & Dinosaur

Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Mania & Star Tours (just to see the differences)

Epcot - Mission Space & Test Track

Magic Kingdom - just about everything

My point is, why spend the money when I go to each park (minus MK) for 2-3 rides and have to take the time to travel between parks. Not to mention if you don't add the Park Hopper option you are potentially stuck in a park you're not really enjoying for the whole day. I can go to Disneyland or DCA and easily enjoy the entire park for less money and less energy.
    You should go at least once. There are more rides that you might discover you like (Kilimanjaro Safari for example), plus the whole World Showcase is amazing and totally immersive. There is also an insane amount of stuff you can do outside of the parks within WDW such as learn to drive a NASCAR, go horseback riding, rent a yacht, go scuba diving, play golf on one of four PGA Championship golf courses, visit both of the Disney water parks, and much much more. It's an experience that I think any Disney fan should try.

BTW, Toy Story Mania and Star Tours are exactly the same except for the line, and most of the rides at Disneyland are superior to their counterparts at MK (except maybe Splash Mountain). When I go I spend time at the other three parks and either don't go to MK at all or only go for an evening.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    ... most of the rides at Disneyland are superior to their counterparts at MK (except maybe Splash Mountain).
    Really?

I'll take The Magic Kingdoms fully flooded Small World over the cheap looking flume at Disneyland's SW any day.

Swiss Family Treehouse beats Tarzan's everytime.

Rocket Jets up high beat Astro Jets down low in this wannabe astronauts opinion.

Operating Peoplemover beats empty track.

Carousel of Progress > than Innoventions!

Country Bears > than Pooh in the land of cardboard cutouts.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I should also add:

Fort Langhorn > Fort Wilderness

WDW's Monorail > Disneylands (and not just because it actually stops at the Hotels it passes thru)

Speedramps > Stairs (I know, that's not an attraction....but c'mon Anaheim, tearing out those wonderfully futuristic speedramps and replacing them with stairs (invented circa 8,000 BC) was a chump move worthy of mention in any comparison between the two parks.

• Singing Drinker

As someone who's attended a rainy Disney grad night in dress shoes with no tread, I have no problem understanding why they took out the speedramps. Nearly zero traction when it was running (took active effort not to slip down the ramp) and took near herculean effort without the ramp running - it took me hauling my date, my best friend, and HIS date up the ramp. I was the anchor and we had to pull in time to make progress.

What can I say? We really wanted to go on SM.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Perfect Insanity

I've grown up with DL. It was an hour away and its been 20 minutes away for 14 yrs for me now. Its not as costly for us as we are a family of 5. My kids ask to go to WDW but its just way to much money compared to just buying our APs and even doing a hotel trip here and there for a kid's bday or our anniversary at DL. It doesn't cost us an arm and a leg here. While WDW would considering it would take 1000s of dollars to go.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player, All Stars Basketball Player & All Net Champ -Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I've grown up with DL. It was an hour away and its been 20 minutes away for 14 yrs for me now. Its not as costly for us as we are a family of 5. My kids ask to go to WDW but its just way to much money compared to just buying our APs and even doing a hotel trip here and there for a kid's bday or our anniversary at DL. It doesn't cost us an arm and a leg here. While WDW would considering it would take 1000s of dollars to go.
    Basically my reasons as well.

Sure, a visit to WDW would be awesome. I'm sure I'd have a blast. I'd want to go if even just for IOA - I've lately suspected I'd spend more time on Universal property than Disney. Throw in Sea World and the rest of the parks and I could even justify an Orlando trip that never set foot on Mouse property.

As soon as I have a few thousand dollars lying around so that I can do the trip in comfort rather than "because I have to no matter how many corners I have to cut" I'll get on it.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    As someone who's attended a rainy Disney grad night in dress shoes with no tread, I have no problem understanding why they took out the speedramps. Nearly zero traction when it was running (took active effort not to slip down the ramp) and took near herculean effort without the ramp running - it took me hauling my date, my best friend, and HIS date up the ramp. I was the anchor and we had to pull in time to make progress.

What can I say? We really wanted to go on SM.
    LOL......that must of been a sight. Nevertheless, it rains in Florida more (a lot more) than it does in Anaheim and they still operate their ramps. Not to mention that Anaheim not only got rid of outdoor speedramps but the indoor ones as well.

There are numerous reasons why our vacations are at Disneyland rather than WDW.

The primary reason is that we found that WDW lacks the details, charm and quality of Disneyland. WDW is bigger, but that seemed more of a liability than an asset. Obviously this is all personal preference, but we find the Disneyland experience to be much higher quality than the WDW experience.

As others have mentioned, the climate is better in southern California than Florida: we both hate humidity!

Neither park is particularly close, but Disneyland is closer. Even so, this alone would not deter us from visiting WDW if we enjoyed it more, and there is no doubt we would still pick Disneyland over WDW even if the latter were closer.

Badger

I go to see the original magic!!!!!!!!!!!
    HAVE A ZIPPIDY DOO DAH DAY
    ~HAKUNA MATATA~
    Amanda

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234