Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Joe's birthday celebration at Disneyland and Carthay Circle

you've gotta try the porkchop before they change to the fall menu. it's very filling and delicious!

Happy belated birthday!

You have, hands down, the best trip reports...next to Captain Hook, of course! I so enjoy living vicariously through you at DL! Fabulous as always!
    Glitz, Glamour, Gaiety!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Great trip report. Thanks for sharing.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Happy Belated, Joe! Looks like you had a great day! My birthday is next week, but I can't make it back to my home park (WDW) until the following week. I still have the birthday button I got in I think 2008 (the CM wrote my name in "Walt script" and drew Mickeys on either side of my name too).

• Minion

30 minutes for Pooh. Something is not right.

Happy belated birthday. I am a firm believer that the whole month of your birthday is a daily celebration. I will celebrate at the end of October in costume. I must say that I really really enjoy your trip reports. Your little future MiceChatter is going to be so lucky to have the two of you as parents to show him love for all things Disney. Thanks for sharing.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Happy Belated Birthday Joe! I attended the parks on my birthday as well, as I do most years and I always get a birthday button with my name and the year. Are the buttons something special? Because I've also seen people with the birthday stickers but lots of people bear the buttons too. Its fun telling people Happy Birthday and its also super fun hearing it from others. I even had a chimney sweep character from Mary Poppins in the parade see my button from nearly 30 or more feet away and he mouthed Happy Birthday to me! Pure magic right there.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

•   
    • Banned User

Happy Birthday Joe! Great trip report.

I was going to comment about how weird the Pooh/Mansion differential was but it looks like that's been pretty well covered. Funny how many of us that raises an eyebrow with, eh?

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by ADDel View Post
    you've gotta try the porkchop before they change to the fall menu. it's very filling and delicious!
    Happy belated birthday!
    Theresa was actually trying to decide between the salmon and the pork chop and asked our server which she preferred. She said they were both delicious (would they really say anything else), but pork chop was huge and filling, while the salmon was lighter. Since we knew dessert was coming later, she opted for the salmon.
    Next time though, I'll consider it. I've had the ribeye twice now, and while it's delicious, I'm ready to sample the rest of the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Happy Belated, Joe! Looks like you had a great day! My birthday is next week, but I can't make it back to my home park (WDW) until the following week. I still have the birthday button I got in I think 2008 (the CM wrote my name in "Walt script" and drew Mickeys on either side of my name too).
    Thanks aimster. And Happy Birthday to you today!
    Even if your visit to the park is a week after, it's still just awesome being there to celebrate it.

Quote Originally Posted by victoriaskitten View Post
    Happy belated birthday. I am a firm believer that the whole month of your birthday is a daily celebration. I will celebrate at the end of October in costume. I must say that I really really enjoy your trip reports. Your little future MiceChatter is going to be so lucky to have the two of you as parents to show him love for all things Disney. Thanks for sharing.
    Oh you just know he's going to be spoiled rotten with Disney stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Happy Belated Birthday Joe! I attended the parks on my birthday as well, as I do most years and I always get a birthday button with my name and the year. Are the buttons something special? Because I've also seen people with the birthday stickers but lots of people bear the buttons too. Its fun telling people Happy Birthday and its also super fun hearing it from others. I even had a chimney sweep character from Mary Poppins in the parade see my button from nearly 30 or more feet away and he mouthed Happy Birthday to me! Pure magic right there.
    Hey Izzy! It was just my poor attempt at humor saying that they don't give the birthday buttons out to just everyone.
    That's a fun story! I love how the Disney cast members can do the little things to make your day more special.
    I remember on a past visit on my birthday I was buying a pineapple spear and soda. The cast member manning the register saw my birthday button and gave me both for free saying "Happy Birthday!" I know they can't do that for everyone, but boy did it make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Happy Birthday Joe! Great trip report.
    I was going to comment about how weird the Pooh/Mansion differential was but it looks like that's been pretty well covered. Funny how many of us that raises an eyebrow with, eh?
    It certain is weird. Pooh is our go to ride when the park is busy. Theresa will sometimes bring those honey straws you can get from the farmer's market (and I'm not saying I've ever done it, but they also have honey packets at the Plaza Inn restaurant), and we'll enjoy those while riding through the Hundred Acre Wood.

Happy (clearly late) birthday! Thanks so much for sharing the magic with us!
    Feel free to add me or message me here on Mice Chat!

"So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned.
    Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land."

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Happy Belated Birthday! Thanks for sharing your birthday trip with us! I almost missed it, but as I was scrolling down, I caught the small change on the trophy. It had me cracking up for a few seconds!

• Hakuna Matata!

Such a cute report! thanks for sharing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12