Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Joe Flowers

Joe's birthday celebration at Disneyland and Carthay Circle

My birthday was July 29th, and to celebrate, I told Theresa I wanted to spend my birthday at Disneyland and have a nice meal.
    After getting off work a little early, we braved the Los Angeles freeways and headed to the park.

Looking through my collection of hats, I found my favorite birthday hat of a cake with candles that lights up. Walking down Main Street, I had to get a picture with the Mickey balloons!

Next on the list is to collect my birthday button! They don't give these out to just anyone. I did like how the cast member gave my O Mickey ears.

I really liked my friend Kelly's picture of her eating a Mickey bar at Disneyland.

I haven't had a Mickey bar in a really long time, so I had to try to get a picture for myself.

I handed it off to Theresa to hold while I adjusted some camera settings, but instead of just holding it, she licked it!

Alright, here's my attempt at replicating Kelly's picture. Just a little nibble off the ear. If you happen to have a similar picture, go post it on Kelly's thread called Pointless Fun - A Photo Dare!

T is starting to get a little bigger. Only 3 more month and he'll be here!

T asked me to pose for another photo with my Mickey bar, but when I paused to smile, it fell on the ground!

The horror!

It was still a delicious Mickey bar. T laughed at me for being a little messy.

Our normal routine is to ride Winnie the Pooh, but today in some bizzaro world, once we got back to it, there was a 30 minute wait!

We headed back to the Haunted Mansion that only had a 5 minute wait. Really? Just 5 minutes when Pooh is 30?

Next I asked T if we could do something we've never done before at the resort. Get our silhouettes cut out of paper!

Talking to Angela, she's been doing this for a 3 years and her record in an 8 hour shift is 160 silhouettes! Considering each silhouette costs $9ish each, that was quite a shift, earning Disney $180 per hour!

In the end, you end up getting two copies for the price of one!

So what do you think? Do they look like us?

For dinner, we made reservations at the Carthay Circle restaurant! We haven't eaten here for over a year, and during that time, we were rushing to finish.

We sat down for a wonderful meal.

Quite a few interesting things on the menu.

To start, for drinks T had a Twin Bill, a lemonade and ice tea mix.

While I went crazy with a Shirley Temple.

Time for some pictures of the food! The bread basket was just okay. Nothing special or memorable, like Red Lobster cheddar biscuits or Olive Garden breadsticks.

Our appetizers came next. T loved the Heirloom Tomato Salad with Parmesan. She gave me a couple bites too and I agreed with her. It was really tasty.

I chose the Carthay Circle Signature Fried Biscuits.

They're filled with white cheddar, bacon and jalapeno. It was a delicious and spicy combination.

The Skuna Bay Salmon on the golden tomato salsa was tempting Theresa. She was surprised by how much she enjoyed it.

My Angus Ribeye was very flavorful as well. In most restaurants, they can't cook it how I like it, but here when I ordered it rare, it came out rare!

For my dessert, they brought out two small truffles with a candle. Happy birthday to me!

Next we wandered the stores looking for baby stuff for our new addition coming in November. Theresa found a Jessie hat that she really liked along the way. Too bad it's for kids and didn't fit.

I suggested this, but Theresa didn't think so.

We did find this outfit that looked pretty cute, but the only size they had was for less than 7 pounds.

While waiting for Theresa, I sat down on a bench and the telegraph delivery lady rode up next to me.
    "Birthday today?"
    "Yes."
    "Yeah, I thought so. I'm a little psychic."
    She asked if I was with someone and if I wanted a telegram delivered. I told her to tell T I loved her and that I was looking forward to our new addition in November. She took the note, and when T walked up, she started shouting her name, but never really looking at her. Finally T sufficiently got her attention and had the telegram read off to her.

It put a big smile on her face.

And a big smile on my face too!

To finish the night, we stopped at one of my favorite dessert places on property. The french beignets when they come out fresh are really hard to beat! They're incredibly messy though. You have to bend over to eat them and make sure not to inhale when you bring them up to bite them. Otherwise you'll be coughing powdered sugar up.

It was an absolutely awesome way to spend my birthday. Every person I saw with a birthday button got a big Happy Birthday and a high five from me for being born on such an awesome day.
    Big thanks to Theresa for staying out past her bedtime to let me enjoy my Disneyland birthday!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Joe's birthday celebration at Disneyland and Carthay Circle

Happy Birthday!!

So glad you had a fun one, and yet another classic Flowers Family thread. T's coming along nicely so get your sleep in now...

• Selfie Expert

I didn't realize this on the first read- it's funny that you're eating Mickey ice cream and beignets, while your pregnant wife doesn't seem to be snacking at all!

Wonderful TR, as always!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disney Philosopher

Thanks, I liked that.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Great Report! Thank you so much for sharing
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• We Go On.

That's a cool story about the BVS streetmosphere! Thanks for sharing.

• Closed Account

Awesome pictures! Happy belated birthday! It looks like you had an amazing trip!

30 minutes for the Winnie The Pooh ride, wow! Was Splash Mountain down at the time? I have seen Winnie The Pooh's line soar when Splash is down, because people have already invested the time in Splash's line when it goes down, and they figure they are "right there" so they switch to Pooh. I can still remember opening day of that ride, my mom wanted to ride it so bad, and we waited in line for 3 hours...YIKES!

Good luck with the baby as well!

• Capt without a ship...

makes me want to visit the park tomorrow

Sounds like a perfect birthday to me! Thanks for sharing. Happy birthday, and congrats to you both!

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Happy Birthday! Thats got to be the best way to spend a birthday!! Congrats to you both on your new addition! Seems like we are about to have a MiceChat Baby Club!!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• formerly very helpful

Happy birthday! It's always a pleasure to read your trip reports, and this was no exception.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I had to re-glance at that photo of you holding the trophy. I thought my eyes were fooling me! That's a neat effect. I enjoy all of your trip reports and I thought it was clever to mimmick Kelly McG's photo. Looks like another fun time. I also notice that you will do anything to make your wife smile. She's a lucky lady and you two are adorable!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Happy Birthday!!
    So glad you had a fun one, and yet another classic Flowers Family thread. T's coming along nicely so get your sleep in now...
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes! T is coming along great and handling it well!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I didn't realize this on the first read- it's funny that you're eating Mickey ice cream and beignets, while your pregnant wife doesn't seem to be snacking at all!

Wonderful TR, as always!
    Hmm, noticed that did you? Yeah, T has been really good at eating healthy snacks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    30 minutes for the Winnie The Pooh ride, wow! Was Splash Mountain down at the time? I have seen Winnie The Pooh's line soar when Splash is down, because people have already invested the time in Splash's line when it goes down, and they figure they are "right there" so they switch to Pooh. I can still remember opening day of that ride, my mom wanted to ride it so bad, and we waited in line for 3 hours...YIKES!

Good luck with the baby as well!
    Now that you mention it, I do think Splash Mountain was down. Good to know the reason. I can't imagine waiting 3 hours for Pooh!

Quote Originally Posted by RSZero1 View Post
    makes me want to visit the park tomorrow
    I'll see you there! I'm planning to visit on Saturday too.

Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
    Happy Birthday! Thats got to be the best way to spend a birthday!! Congrats to you both on your new addition! Seems like we are about to have a MiceChat Baby Club!!
    Thank you very much!
    Is there such a club? I would join right up and I bet Kelly might too!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I had to re-glance at that photo of you holding the trophy. I thought my eyes were fooling me! That's a neat effect. I enjoy all of your trip reports and I thought it was clever to mimmick Kelly McG's photo. Looks like another fun time. I also notice that you will do anything to make your wife smile. She's a lucky lady and you two are adorable!
    I keep telling Theresa the exact same thing.

Happy birthday, and I enjoyed reading your trip report!

30 minutes for Pooh and 5 for Haunted Mansion????? Oh my!

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    Is there such a club? I would join right up and I bet Kelly might too!
    You know it!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast