Anaheim Star Wars convention tickets on sale AUG 7th for 2015!!! No 2015 D23 Expo?

With tickets for Star Wars celebration Anaheim starting to sell on the 7th at 7am, I'm only guessing there will be no D23Expo in Anaheim that year. Buying tickets 2 years in advance for Star Wars Celebration seems crazy though. But being so close to Hollywood and a gas tank from Lucasfilm, there should be a lot of cast, crew and props there from episode 7.

I went to the big Star Wars convention nearby in LA held in '87 when Star Tours opened and Disney had a good presence there. Hopefully Disney will be there in 2015 talking about a Disneyland Resort Star Wars mini land or Tomorrowland Overlay.

• Mouseketeer

Re: Anaheim Star Wars convention tickets on sale AUG 7th for 2015!!! No 2015 D23 Exp

Quote Originally Posted by eicarr View Post
    With tickets for Star Wars celebration Anaheim starting to sell on the 7th at 7am, I'm only guessing there will be no D23Expo in Anaheim that year. Buying tickets 2 years in advance for Star Wars Celebration seems crazy though. But being so close to Hollywood and a gas tank from Lucasfilm, there should be a lot of cast, crew and props there from episode 7.

I went to the big Star Wars convention nearby in LA held in '87 when Star Tours opened and Disney had a good presence there. Hopefully Disney will be there in 2015 talking about a Disneyland Resort Star Wars mini land or Tomorrowland Overlay.
    Every d23 expo, they say it might be the last one. I hope that's not the case. I am hoping this an indication of an East Coast Expo for 2015.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

•   
    • Minion

Re: Anaheim Star Wars convention tickets on sale AUG 7th for 2015!!! No 2015 D23 Exp

Isn't the Star wars thing set up to be in april???? The D23 thing has always been in August they could have both.

• The doctor is in

There can be both. Star Wars Celebrations aren't anything to do with Disney, unless that is going to be a big change for the 2015 celebration. Plus, as biggsworth said, D23 is held in August so it's not like the SW event overlaps D23.

I would like to go to the SW Celebration in Anaheim but booking something 2-years in advance makes me nervous. Plus I can't find ticket prices anywhere.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

What? If they miss out on D23 just because of Star Wars they're losing money for no reason

Many Disney Fans are Star Wars Fans...but not all and vice versa

• Minion

The Star Wars convention is in April. The expos are usually held in the summer, in August or September.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Just out of curiosity is it now allowed for them to have the expos the same month???

For example one in the beggining of the month and another later?

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by SirGalvan View Post
    Just out of curiosity is it now allowed for them to have the expos the same month???

For example one in the beggining of the month and another later?
    It wouldn't be disallowed, that's certain.

Mainly it's a matter of whether it's wise to load up conventions that draw from shared audiences. It's not a 100% overlap, but the Venn on Star Wars / Disney fandom would have a fair amount of shared audience.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Like everyone else has said so far, they can both be held in the same year, or even the same month if it came down to it.

I will be purchasing my Star Wars Celebration tickets at 7 AM on the 7th for sure.

• No Disassemble!

Unless Disney's hosting the event to get people hyped about episode VII and (rumored) Star Wars Land, Hmmm.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Not on the Jedi Council

Got my ticket for Saturday this afternoon. Nice to see it wasn't an instant sellout like most cons are these days. Be interesting to see how WonderCon is impacted in 2015. WonderCon used to be held in San Francisco, but they remodeled their convention center, so it was held here one year and the center didn't give their old slot this year, so the it's now called "WonderCon Anaheim." It's run by the San Diego Comic Con organization, and is usually held in March to April.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

I don't think there will be no D23 in 2015 since they have already approved it on 8/9/13. Probably they will hold D23 July 31-2 or Aug 14-16. Could it be possible for them to set or leave the Disney parks booth if the weekends follows.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Minion

Bob Iger quite clearly said from the stage of the D23 Arena last weekend: "We look forward to seeing you all back here in 2015 for the next D23 Expo!"

There will be a D23 Expo in 2015 in Anaheim. They can never do a D23 Expo in Orlando unless they scale it down dramatically and cut a bunch of stuff out.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    Got my ticket for Saturday this afternoon. Nice to see it wasn't an instant sellout like most cons are these days. Be interesting to see how WonderCon is impacted in 2015. WonderCon used to be held in San Francisco, but they remodeled their convention center, so it was held here one year and the center didn't give their old slot this year, so the it's now called "WonderCon Anaheim." It's run by the San Diego Comic Con organization, and is usually held in March to April.
    WonderCon has been so successful in Anaheim, I don't think they'll go back to San Francisco. If indeed it's held here in 2015, I don't think will be any problems logistically. They'll figure it out to make it all work.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    It wouldn't be disallowed, that's certain.

Mainly it's a matter of whether it's wise to load up conventions that draw from shared audiences. It's not a 100% overlap, but the Venn on Star Wars / Disney fandom would have a fair amount of shared audience.
    That's the best use of the word "Venn" I've ever seen
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com