Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Peoplemover Track Being Worked On!

lets see some pics.

• Hooterville, USA

The tracks are not an eyesore, but a tribute to a great ride that got pulled by corporate greed.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Could they be wiring up some tech or building some infrastructure for an attraction inside those buildings? I know that the Ghost Galaxy version of Space Mountain usually has speakers installed near the tunnel points.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

^ That's probably it^
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    You're thinking Big....I admire that:

► Flying Car - Terrafugia TF-X introduction - YouTube
    No, I'm not. My post doesn't insinuate that I think/believe the tracks are coming out. I just expressed my dislike for the rotting tracks. I doubt they're being taken out right now.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Monorail Junkie

This could be the start of the redo. Sweet.

• Perfect Insanity

We noticed last Sat that they had walls up by Winner's Circle when we went back to use the bathrooms in that area. My husband asked if I knew why they were up but I didn't think about it being part of the Peoplemover. He joked that they didn't want anyone sitting back there and resting for to long since it had that spot to sit and wait. LOL While I wish they would do something with that I won't get my hopes up no matter what rumors are cause to many have been around for to long and none have happened yet.

• Artistic integrity

Curious!

Well ... work was done on the tracks in 2007 as well. That amounted up to just being new paint around sections of track surrounding Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

Is this going to add up to a similar situation?

Curious .. this works starts from Star Tours ... and ends just behind Winner Circle/Skyway station point. That's a section of track that is mostly indoors. A portion where they could do work without much visual intrusion. (Or, in secret.)

So ... we'll see.

I just wonder ... What can they do, with a track Cal/OSHA deem non-compliant?

Personally, my wish would be .... most of the land would be demolished, along with all the tracks. And in it's place ... A NEW Tomorrowland that would contain a brand new Peoplemover that will be according to code, new attractions .. all new look for the land.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    I just wonder ... What can they do, with a track Cal/OSHA deem non-compliant?
    Many things, really.

My fingers are crossed that they're going to set up Imagineering test sections to sell the Tomorrowland Peoplemover remake, whatever it turns out to be.

COMPLETE WAG with nothing more than the rumors we've all read to back it up, but it's a hope.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Sock Puppet

I'll believe it when I see it, and when it comes to those tracks I'm not holding my breath. I, at the least, would expect them to tear them down before spending the thousands of dollars to remodel and fix them to a point where they can be considered "safe" by OSHA standards. If this construction leads to their demise I wouldn't be suprised. I'm thinking they have to do regular maintenence on the tracks even though there isn't a attraction, its still track high abouve tomorrowland and it would be dumb to neglect them completely and have them someday crumble and fall on guests

It would be hilarious if it's just speakers with a CD player spitting out contruction SFX and Tom Morrow with a hard hat, coveralls, and an orange vest.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Rip them out! I'm sick of seeing those old tracks, sitting and rotting. They need to go.
    +1!

• World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    It would be hilarious if it's just speakers with a CD player spitting out contruction SFX and Tom Morrow with a hard hat, coveralls, and an orange vest.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it, and when it comes to those tracks I'm not holding my breath. I, at the least, would expect them to tear them down before spending the thousands of dollars to remodel and fix them to a point where they can be considered "safe" by OSHA standards. If this construction leads to their demise I wouldn't be suprised. I'm thinking they have to do regular maintenence on the tracks even though there isn't a attraction, its still track high abouve tomorrowland and it would be dumb to neglect them completely and have them someday crumble and fall on guests
    Not that I'm suggesting that it is what is happening... but it should be pointed out that Disney Animal Kingdom has a track record of doing exactly that with the Tree of Life. It's not something you can take off the table.

Sadly.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast