Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hilton Anaheim?

Red Face Hilton Anaheim?

Hi everyone!

Its been about a thousand years since I've posted! Hope my friends here can help.

I work for Hilton Hotels & am thinking about staying at the Hilton Anaheim for my upcoming October visit to Disneyland. What I'd like to know is, how easy or not easy is it to get from the hotel to the park everyday? We will not have a car, as I don't want to pay for parking, so I'm wondering if they have a shuttle service from the hotel? Or do you just have to use the ART? I've heard bad reviews on the ART before... Any advise on the subject would be most appreciative!

Thank you all so much. Miss you!
    Feel free to add me or message me here on Mice Chat!

"So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned.
    Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land."

• Unhelpful User

Re: Hilton Anaheim?

Hi Kelly, I as well work for a Hilton brand hotel and I've stayed at the Hilton, and the Doubletree suites and they both use ART. I don't like ART, and prefer a hotel with it's own shuttle. In order to get the to use the Hilton TMTP and get a hotel with a shuttle, I booked at the Doubltree Orange County. It's not too close to DL, it's actually near the outlets. But they have their own shuttle, with no stops other than DL and it's about a 5 minute ride.

Thank you so much for the info! Unfortunately, I would be getting the Hilton Anaheim comp, so it'll be hard to beat that! Just really wanted to avoid the ART... Thank you so much again!

Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land."

• Unhelpful User

Well in that case I'd put up with Art. There's nothing wrong with it, I just hate all the stops. They just redid the front of the hotel so it's supposed to looked very nice. It's actually a very nice hotel and you'll definitely enjoy your stay!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
    Well in that case I'd put up with Art. There's nothing wrong with it, I just hate all the stops. They just redid the front of the hotel so it's supposed to looked very nice. It's actually a very nice hotel and you'll definitely enjoy your stay!
    There are no stops for the Hilton ART. Marriott also has a stop, but it also stops at the Courtyard. You can catch either one. We take which ever arrives first. If it is the Marriott ART, you just cut across the street. Route 4 and 5 are the two easiest routes.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Personally when I stay at that Hilton I just walk. It's really convenient to just cut thru the Convention Center to Katella, cross at the light, turn right and then left on Harbor. The whole thing should take 10 minutes and no ART fees
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• I'm a fiddle player......

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    Personally when I stay at that Hilton I just walk. It's really convenient to just cut thru the Convention Center to Katella, cross at the light, turn right and then left on Harbor. The whole thing should take 10 minutes and no ART fees
    I think its more like a 20 min walk. In my experience going from your room to the main gate can take awhile. But its not bad in the morning when you are excited and we have taken the Toy Story lot buses and walked from there.

Walk down Convention Way to the Toy Story Parking Lot and take the bus there. Free of charge.

• Closed Account

Not sure I understand the "hate" for the ART system. We stay at the Marriott in Anaheim when we go, and it uses the same ART stop as the Hilton. First and foremost, the ART no longer stops in front of the Hilton. It's stop is now in front of the Marriott since they built that beautiful center area in front of the convention center. Secondly, there is only one stop with that ART bus and it's in front of Garden Walk Way. Usually there is no one at the stop and it just keeps going. It is inexpensive and you can ride it as many times as you want and go anywhere that the ART system goes throughout Anaheim.

We've used it during off season, Christmas Day, and even used it to avoid the runners on marathon day and we have never had zero problems. It takes you right to Disneyland and then right back to the area near your hotel. We use the ART because we are not "young and healthy" enough to walk. If you are, you can always walk down the street to the Toy Story parking lot and take the shuttle from there. But, by the time you walk down there, you can be almost at Disneyland using the ART.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    Not sure I understand the "hate" for the ART system. We stay at the Marriott in Anaheim when we go, and it uses the same ART stop as the Hilton. First and foremost, the ART no longer stops in front of the Hilton. It's stop is now in front of the Marriott since they built that beautiful center area in front of the convention center. Secondly, there is only one stop with that ART bus and it's in front of Garden Walk Way. Usually there is no one at the stop and it just keeps going. It is inexpensive and you can ride it as many times as you want and go anywhere that the ART system goes throughout Anaheim.

We've used it during off season, Christmas Day, and even used it to avoid the runners on marathon day and we have never had zero problems. It takes you right to Disneyland and then right back to the area near your hotel. We use the ART because we are not "young and healthy" enough to walk. If you are, you can always walk down the street to the Toy Story parking lot and take the shuttle from there. But, by the time you walk down there, you can be almost at Disneyland using the ART.
    I second this. There's nothing wrong with the ART buses. I'm just glad that they are there and I don't have to walk to the park, free or not. I'm doing enough walking in the parks all day long, if I don't need to walk to get there and back, I'm happy about that.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Ohhhh I like this idea! Just straight down convention way & it leads you right into the Toy Story lot? That would be awesome!

• No Disassemble!

The ART is hit & miss as we've learned from staying at both the Anaheim Hilton and the Hilton Anaheim Suites. What we usually do is walk across to the Toy Story Lot and use their shuttle instead.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Quote Originally Posted by TrulyGoofy View Post
    Walk down Convention Way to the Toy Story Parking Lot and take the bus there. Free of charge.
    We did this our last stay at the Hilton. Works great!

It's a bit of a walk, especially when you're tired at the end of the day. I'd recommend ART, although it's downsides are the typical ones associated with a public bus (crowds, waiting, standing, etc., especially during peak times).

The Hilton is a nice hotel though... although a very confusing layout.

Quote Originally Posted by TrulyGoofy View Post
    2nded...

I stay here all the time (you can get it reaaaaaaly cheap if you look at some sites... I usually get a room for $50-60/night here). The walk to the Toy Story bus is about 1 block... and the buses run all the time, no wait like ART. Disney doesn't care... (they want your money in the parks!) in fact there's a walkway on the left side going in for foot traffic into the lot.

One of my 4 YO's thinks the Toy Story Bus is the best ride at the parks... I kid you not!

(In fact if ANYONE can find me a Toy Story Lot toy bus... I'll buy it ASAP!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast