Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Re: 13th year, haunting upgrades for holiday mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Oh dear God whatever it is, please don't let it be the Looney Tunes CGI Hitchhiking Ghosts they put in WDW's HM.
    Amen to that!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• I'm a Lutheran

I'm pretty sure I've heard the Jack hanging on a rope gag from someone else on MiceChat, many years ago. Then again, I could be wrong.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Not here to help

I hope they put in the CGI ghosts.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

I wish they would just give Nightmare its own ride. I hate the fact that one of my favorite rides is unavailable for almost *half* the year, including the Halloween/autumn season when it would be at its most popular!

Glad all you jack Skellington fans get so much time to enjoy those characters, but I really hate the fact that the Haunted Mansion is gone, and look forward to going to the park again once it returns (in February? late January?)

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    I wish they would just give Nightmare its own ride. I hate the fact that one of my favorite rides is unavailable for almost *half* the year, including the Halloween/autumn season when it would be at its most popular!

Glad all you jack Skellington fans get so much time to enjoy those characters, but I really hate the fact that the Haunted Mansion is gone, and look forward to going to the park again once it returns (in February? late January?)

On a related and 100% speculative no-fact-involved speculation of speculatastic proportions...

The overlay concept in general seems likely to stay.

What if they redid it some *other* way?

Would there be a point? Could you do "spooky Christmas" without dragging Jack and the crew into it, or is that a specifically and intractably Disney issue?
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Heavy Breather

I'd like to see the new stretching room sequence. And if there is a special surprise for when the regular Mansion reopens, I'm pretty sure it wont be the CG ghosts.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    On a related and 100% speculative no-fact-involved speculation of speculatastic proportions...

The overlay concept in general seems likely to stay.

What if they redid it some *other* way?

Would there be a point? Could you do "spooky Christmas" without dragging Jack and the crew into it, or is that a specifically and intractably Disney issue?
    There could be antique, very dusty, cobwebbed antique/Victorian Christmas decor yes in places like the grand ballroom and attic, and the first years of HMH, the soundtrack was very effectively done rearrangements of classic Christmas carols in an eerie, subdued style (before the Danny Elfman compositions were substituted). I just wish Mansion would be in original format for Halloween, not doing that does continually seem a little insulting/lame.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

I hope this is true. The first few years there was always something exciting going on (remember the opening of the presents??) I mean we get to look forward to a new gingerbread house each year but hopefully this is different!

And my fingers are crossed The Hatbox Ghost is coming after the season ends

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• The Disneyland Bro

Hatbox Ghost would be AMAZING
    CG Hitchhiker Ghosts would be TERRIBLE

I love HMH but the idea of a Victorian Christmas overlay is really cool too. I also prefer the original HMH soundtrack to the Danny Elfman one.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    There could be antique, very dusty, cobwebbed antique/Victorian Christmas decor yes in places like the grand ballroom and attic, and the first years of HMH, the soundtrack was very effectively done rearrangements of classic Christmas carols in an eerie, subdued style (before the Danny Elfman compositions were substituted). I just wish Mansion would be in original format for Halloween, not doing that does continually seem a little insulting/lame.
    I find your ideas interesting and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

That sounds... wonderful. You could even bump the fiction a bit to the house being decorated for Christmas when abandoned. Just need to keep the comedians away from the "Night Before Christmas" riffs.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

This is welcome news. The Holiday overlay is sort of ehh after all these years. It will be nice to have a few fresh elements to look forward to (if this comes to fruition).

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Amen to that!
    Same, those cgi Hitchhiking Ghosts are an embarrassment to the Haunted Mansion.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I completely agree. Get rid of the tacky neon Christmas decorations once and for all.

I highly doubt they'll do away with HMH all together like some of you are hoping for. It's just way too popular for that to happen in the near future. The lines are always double or triple the length for HMH than they are for the normal HM. Sorry, but I'm one of those that prefer the HMH to the regular HM even though I grew up with the normal one.

I'm anticipating it either way!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast