Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Disneyland Dreamer

California, but still too far from the land.

Re: Your favorite individual food item at DL (not counting Dole Whip)

Quote Originally Posted by jdisneyb View Post
    the beignets at the mint julep bar in nos! Gaaahh i can eat those all day!

agreed!

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

1. Chocolate chunk cookie from Pooh's Corner area. If you value your health and physical well being, don't get between me and my cookie.

2. Love the enchilada platter from Rancho del Zocallo. Even living in the land of good Mexican food, it is still fantastic

• i believe in faeries.

cookies and cream in a waffle cone from gibson girl. somehow, other cookies and cream ice cream just isn't as good. perhaps it's the atmosphere?

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Without the Dole whip? Whithout the Dole Whip???

Why even bother.
    I like that frozen pineapple dessert that you can only find in Adventureland

Sourdough bread loaf from the Boudin bakery.

• No Disassemble!

The pastrami burger at the Village Haus. I know that in the OC and LA you can get a far superior one at half the price but at the park this really recharges my batteries during the mid-day drain.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Although the quality and consistency can vary greatly, I always go for a Safari Skewer (back wrapped asparagas) at the Bengal Bar B Que. Sometimes the asparagus can be tough and stringy and/or the bacon can be under cooked or over cooked (burnt) but if you get one made just right, with a squeeze of lime, it is a real winner. And pretty cheap by Disneyland standards.

I tried a Banyan Beef Skewer the first time on my last trip. I tend to stay away from beef food items in the parks (except the better restaurants) because the meat tends to be way over cooked - dry, tough, and flavorless (over cooking beef in a them park is understandable since an outbreak of e coli would not be a good thing). But the Banyan beef sauce - Wow! That stuff is HOT and very good covering whatever the shortcomings are in the meat. Here's to Disneyland for not backing off on the heat level. I'd order one of those again in a heartbeat.

Old standbys -

Pommes Frittes (Cafe Orleans)
    Seafood Crepe (Cafe Orleans)
    Loaded Baked Potato Soup (Carnation Cafe)
    Quiche (Jolly Holiday Bakery)
    Corn Dog (from the Main St. wagon - not the Stage Door Cafe)
    Cajun Salmon (Blue Bayou)

Name:  HS2.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  9.9 KB
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    Although the quality and consistency can vary greatly, I always go for a Safari Skewer (back wrapped asparagas) at the Bengal Bar B Que. Sometimes the asparagus can be tough and stringy and/or the bacon can be under cooked or over cooked (burnt) but if you get one made just right, with a squeeze of lime, it is a real winner. And pretty cheap by Disneyland standards.

I tried a Banyan Beef Skewer the first time on my last trip. I tend to stay away from beef food items in the parks (except the better restaurants) because the meat tends to be way over cooked - dry, tough, and flavorless (over cooking beef in a them park is understandable since an outbreak of e coli would not be a good thing). But the Banyan beef sauce - Wow! That stuff is HOT and very good covering whatever the shortcomings are in the meat. Here's to Disneyland for not backing off on the heat level. I'd order one of those again in a heartbeat.

Old standbys -

Pommes Frittes (Cafe Orleans)
    Seafood Crepe (Cafe Orleans)
    Loaded Baked Potato Soup (Carnation Cafe)
    Quiche (Jolly Holiday Bakery)
    Corn Dog (from the Main St. wagon - not the Stage Door Cafe)
    Cajun Salmon (Blue Bayou)
    I'm a big fan of the Banyan Beef Skewer. If Disney sold the Banyan sauce I'd buy bucket loads of it.

Interestingly, of the six "old standbys" you listed, I've only tried the Corn Dogs. And I was just at Cafe Orleans last night but I had the blackened chicken sandwich with a side of fruit. I did see the pommes frittes on a tray as they were going by and they did look (and smell) pretty good.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

I LOVE the mozzarella sticks you can order at Golden Horseshoe! Perfectly crispy and cheesey! My favorite drink is the Practically Perfect Punch at Jolly Holiday.

I haven't tried the 'Midwest Corn Chowder' that you can get at Storyteller's Cafe in the Grand yet; but I've been told its AMAZING.

It is hard to pick just one but my current favorite is the Black Forest Cupcake at the Village Haus. The peanut brittle from the candy store on Main Street is a close second. I think they have the best peanut brittle!

• Still lost in Neverland

Fish & Chips from either the Golden Horseshoe or the place next door. Same thing but sometimes I want to eat inside and sometimes out side. There was a Fish & Chip place on Paradise Pier 1.0 and they did not bring it back when the redid the area. This is something I just don't understand. No Fish & Chips on an oceanside pier? Italian food (Spaghetti that is cold before you can get a table (No salad or Garlic Bread?) and skewers which I do love. But I have never been to a seaside pier that doesn't have at least one Fish & Chips place.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

Years ago, had a Jack Skellington Coffin Cake that was tasted really wonderful. It wasn't a typical chocolate cake, maybe it was flourless, and I think it had some almonds in it (maybe they used almond flour?), whatever it was, it was really fabulous tasting, maybe because I was just expecting a so-so cake.

I love the churros. They are overpriced (like everything else right?), but dang they are so good.

The tostada salad with chicken at Rancho Del Zocalo!

The "salad" part is a bit of a misnomer (in terms of "healthy" eating) since it's served in a large fried flour tortilla bowl along with sour cream, shredded cheese, and guacamole. It's still not quite as artery-clogging as the other food mentioned in this thread though. I get one almost every time I go. The atmosphere at the place is also one of the best I've experienced at the park; it feels pretty secluded.

The best part is that the serving size is really enough for two people. I always share it with my SO. So if you're looking for something that's not too unhealthy and still tastes great, this is it!
    Last edited by Daniel16399; 08-20-2013 at 11:23 PM.

• Ducksketeer

My favorite thing was for many, many decades was Carnation Fantasia ice cream. I wish Nestle/Dryers could find a way to bring that back in honor of the Carnation Company which was such a wonderful sponsor at Disneyland for years.

Now the two things I can't avoid are the bacon wrapped asparagus at Bengal BBQ with hot dipping sauce on the side, and the popcorn cart near the plaza.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast