Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Your favorite individual food item at DL (not counting Dole Whip)

So what is your absolute favorite single food item at Disneyland? I think we'll limit it to just Disney properties, so that would be both parks and the three hotels. I think my favorite would have to be Corn Chowder in a bread boulle at the French Market. On the rare day where the park is open late and the restaurant is not horribly busy, it's fun to get that and watch Fantasmic (or what parts of if you can see) from the dining area. Before the remolded the Cafe Orleans I would have said the mufaletta, but unfortunately I believe it's been gone for several years now.

Also, I haven't tried the carne asada burger at Grand Californian yet but that's #1 on my list next time I go.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Singing Drinker

Re: Your favorite individual food item at DL (not counting Dole Whip)

My favorite is now long gone *sniff*

Cajun Popcorn Shrimp from... er.... Captain's Closet? The little food service place by the Columbia dock across from HM before it got *blearg* McDified.

The shrimp themselves were nearly negligible - barely above salad shrimp size. With the dipping sauce, though, I could have lived on them all day.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I miss the tomato and cheese omelets from the old American Egg House.....

I also miss the teriyaki steak at the old Tahitian Terrace......

Today, I guess the Monte Cristo sandwich at The Blue Bayou.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I have been obsessed with the Matterhorn Macaroons at the Jolly Holliday. Best food value at the park!

• Chief Troublemaker

Well, I'd have to say the Chocolate Gateau I had at Club 33 last February. I was gifted with a dinner reservation by a very generous member and was so happy that the Club had a wonderful dessert for me! It isn't often that you find gluten free baked goodies at Disneyland. And because of that sad fact I think I'm entitled to say DOLE WHIP is my favorite individual readily available food item since it's one of the few dessert items that is GF.

It's pretty slim pickins' at DLR for GF desserts. Although they do seem to be working on that.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

I love the carmel corn at DCA the most.

• formerly very helpful

I don't have it very often, but the pure fat and cholesterol sandwich - I mean the Monte Cristo sandwich from the Café Orleans.
    I can feel my arteries clogging just thinking about it!

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    My favorite is now long gone *sniff*

Cajun Popcorn Shrimp from... er.... Captain's Closet? The little food service place by the Columbia dock across from HM before it got *blearg* McDified.

The shrimp themselves were nearly negligible - barely above salad shrimp size. With the dipping sauce, though, I could have lived on them all day.
    YES all day! The Harbor Galley's Cajun Popcorn shrimp (cajun seasoned dish of deep-fried crayfish and shrimp) Used to get a serving and head to pirates, nosh in line, and finish on time to walk on the ride. I swear the dipping sauce for the pomme frites at Cafe Orleans is the same dipping sauce. Would love that dish to come back in a heartbeat!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Napa Rose pan roasted diver scallops with a lobster and Tahitian vanilla sauce. Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I have been obsessed with the Matterhorn Macaroons at the Jolly Holliday. Best food value at the park!
    Me too!

When it comes to cookies/candy, I've also recently come to appreciate the chocolate-covered peanut butter and graham cracker "sandwich."

Without the Dole whip? Whithout the Dole Whip???

Why even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    YES all day! The Harbor Galley's Cajun Popcorn shrimp (cajun seasoned dish of deep-fried crayfish and shrimp) Used to get a serving and head to pirates, nosh in line, and finish on time to walk on the ride. I swear the dipping sauce for the pomme frites at Cafe Orleans is the same dipping sauce. Would love that dish to come back in a heartbeat!
    Agreed! And don't forget the cool plastic seashell it was served in. Remember that, Disney? THEMED food? (knock knock...)

Today, it would have to be the Mozzarella sticks. And they're not even that good. They were great at DCA in 2001 but they're not using the same vendor.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Without the Dole whip? Whithout the Dole Whip???

Why even bother.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Seed and Mulch

Peanut Brittle on Main Street.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I agree!

I feel like I'm defective, at least in Dobby's eyes, because I DON'T HAVE ONE!

In fact, I always remember my life-time view of Disneyland Food as being not really desirable. Thank you for the thread because it provides cheap entertainment for the dog.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast