Red Face Mickey's Halloween Party?

Hi everyone!

I've certainly been post-happy lately! Hoping you all can share your opinions on another topic...

Mickey's Halloween Party. Been? Worth it? Crowds? Any advice or comments you could share would be wonderful.

Thank you all again so much! I promise pictures when I get back.
    Feel free to add me or message me here on Mice Chat!

"So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned.
    Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land."

• Selfie Expert

Re: Mickey's Halloween Party?

I went to one last year and absolutely loved it!! It was crowded, but we focused on getting character photos with the villains and watched the fireworks. We didn't do any trick or treating or rides (since we rode everything during the day). I'm dying to go again!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I went to one last year and absolutely loved it!! It was crowded, but we focused on getting character photos with the villains and watched the fireworks. We didn't do any trick or treating or rides (since we rode everything during the day). I'm dying to go again!
    Crowded? Oh shucks. I was hoping it wasn't going to be! I just want to go so I can dress up! Thanks so much for replying!

Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land."

• Halloween 2011

I've been. Reports had last year more crowded than the year before when I went (but it was pretty crowded then, too). Many parents not in costume, or with a simple hat or flashing necklace as their costume. Few adults went all-out, but they were fun.

Long, snaking lines for candy at the Trick or Treat stations so unless you're a sugar fiend I'd avoid them. Also, they dump candy into your bag at the park exit, so you don't need to wait in line. I had to ask cast members twice which were the lines for the attractions because I thought the candy line was to board.

FastPass does not work during the party so everything is stand-by. Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion had the longest wait. After fireworks, most parents leave so I made a bee-line to the Mansion and walked on. Lines for the villain meet-and-greets are also rather long, but that's mainly due to the length of time spent with each guest (Dr Facilier is a chatterbox).

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    I've been. Reports had last year more crowded than the year before when I went (but it was pretty crowded then, too). Many parents not in costume, or with a simple hat or flashing necklace as their costume. Few adults went all-out, but they were fun.

Long, snaking lines for candy at the Trick or Treat stations so unless you're a sugar fiend I'd avoid them. Also, they dump candy into your bag at the park exit, so you don't need to wait in line. I had to ask cast members twice which were the lines for the attractions because I thought the candy line was to board.

FastPass does not work during the party so everything is stand-by. Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion had the longest wait. After fireworks, most parents leave so I made a bee-line to the Mansion and walked on. Lines for the villain meet-and-greets are also rather long, but that's mainly due to the length of time spent with each guest (Dr Facilier is a chatterbox).
    Great info! Perhaps I'll still consider it since I won't be needing candy... We'll see. Thank you!

if you want to go to a less crowded one go on a non weekend one. early in oct. Ive gone for the last 4 years. Its been a real blast really. especially watching donald rave so hard at the dance party lol. last years was MUCH busier than it had been in the past. But it was still a good time. really having the park with less people is cool but you spend SO much time finding characters that you dont really get a lot of time to enjoy the rides. The real sad story is that big thunder will be closed this year. its such a better ride at night. The fireworks are great, the parade is tired and too short. That song will be stuck in your head forever!!! but i say its worth the money. its a good time. and its unique. ARE YOU READY FOR HALLOWEEN???@@@@!!!!!

• Elk Grove Chris

I have done at least one MHP the last three years. Each year it has seemed to grow in the number of ticketed guest they are allowing in.

I would agree on trying to go on a Tuesday if you can swing it. Also agree on targeting rides earlier in the day, especially HM and SM, they are crazy busy during the party. I also wouldn't waste too much time on the candy lines, you can load up as you leave the park if you really need it. Do not miss the fireworks.

Worth it, yeah, at least once. We probably won't do it again for some time though, but we are not big into the characters, which is a big part of the draw for the MHP.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Aulani View Post
    Great info! Perhaps I'll still consider it since I won't be needing candy... We'll see. Thank you!
    fast pass has worked for me.

• The Disneyland Bro

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    Glad to hear the long character experience time! Since these are villains we don't normally get to see in the parks, I'd be willing to wait longer for a more chatty experience.

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy happens during all of Halloween season, right? Not just evenings during Mickey's Halloween Party?