Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Joe's 2nd Trip Report this week, a DCA visit with T's family

Great pictures and report. We're going at the end of the month, can you explain the single rider line? I see you all were together, was that just by coincidence? THANKS!!!!!

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by RSZero1 View Post
    awesome report Joe, great pics and always entertaining. If you dont mind me asking, what was her budget, I am considering a full SLR for my wife
    After saving her babysitting money, running a summer camp for kids in her neighborhood, and selling some of her American Girl dolls, she had a little over $800.
    I suggested she get the Canon T3i body only for $499. Instead of the kit lens that comes with it, I suggested either the Tamron 18-200mm for $179 or Sigma 18-200mm for $350. She chose the Sigma lens.
    For her birthday, her parents bought her the Canon 50mm 1.8 lens for indoor/low light photography for $125. Add in the $40 camera bag, and she's walking around with ~$1015 worth of camera gear.

Quote Originally Posted by edd1017 View Post
    Great pictures and report. We're going at the end of the month, can you explain the single rider line? I see you all were together, was that just by coincidence? THANKS!!!!!
    Sure. Certain rides in DCA like Radiator Springs Racers, Screamin, and Goofy's Sky School (and others but I haven't used them recently) have single rider. It was just by coincidence that Rita and Aubrey ended up in the same car for Radiator Springs Racers. The car seats 6, and both times a group of 4 was already there, leaving 2 seats free for single riders.
    On rides like Goofy's Sky School, the cars only seat 4, so it's much less likely you'll get to ride together. Have fun at the end of the month!

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Great TR! I didn't know there was a baby on the way! Congratulations!
    I have 12 yr. old daughter and I can't imagine anyone carrying her on their shoulders for more than 50 ft. or so. I bet your shoulders and back felt it later. Tell her we marveled at her picture taking skills.

By the way, how did RSR have a 120 min. wait and TSM only had a 20 min. wait? That is so strange. Every time we've been in the last year TSM has been at least 40 min.

• I'm from Canada eh!

1.5 miles after a full day at disney? With a grown child on your shoulders?! Well Done!

Great TR as always!

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    Great TR! I didn't know there was a baby on the way! Congratulations!
    I have 12 yr. old daughter and I can't imagine anyone carrying her on their shoulders for more than 50 ft. or so. I bet your shoulders and back felt it later. Tell her we marveled at her picture taking skills.

By the way, how did RSR have a 120 min. wait and TSM only had a 20 min. wait? That is so strange. Every time we've been in the last year TSM has been at least 40 min.
    Thanks! Theresa and I are really excited!

The wait times have been weird all over the parks. Not sure what's going on.

Great Trip Report
    This would be a great Blueprint for How to enjoy a day at the Park.

• Joe Flowers

Earlier in the trip report, I made reference to what we were going to do the next day.
    Because Aubrey has been loving taking all these photos of the flowers and plants, we took her to the South Coast Botanic Gardens in Palos Verdes. Because it's not Disney related, I wrote up another Trip Report in the Other Destinations forum.
    Or you can click here if you want to check it out.

On Tuesday, we asked Aubrey what she wanted to do on her very last night here. She said "Downtown Disney!" Good Girl! So she likes Disney and photography. Sounds like she's into all my favorite things! She's being raised right.

Same rules apply for these photos as before. If it's got rounded corners, Aubrey took it. Square corners are mine.

She's happy to be back at Disneyland.

Everyone's a little hungry so we stopped by the Jazz Kitchen Express. Theresa has really been on an Icee kick and today was no exception. If our boy comes out cherry red, I'll know why.

Just a pre-dinner dessert. Aubrey's first time eating beignets and she thought they were great!

The only way to eat these things.

We explored the rest of Downtown Disney doing a little bit of pin trading and window shopping.

And walked through the Wonderground Gallery seeing all the new art. I'm really liking the new stuff by Noah and J. Scott Campbell.

Next we wandered the Disneyland hotels looking for pins to trade. We didn't have too much luck with the pin trading on this trip. There were a few cast members with pins to trade, but we saw the same pins all over the place.

Shockingly even though they've gone to WDW multiple times they've never eaten at Earl of Sandwich. Time to remedy that. Aubrey started with the loaded baked potato soup and said "This is really good!" As soon as she tried the sandwich, she was loving it, and she's not even a big fan of sandwiches.

What I think is the best sandwich there. Hawaiian BBQ, with chicken, ham, swiss cheese, a hawaiian bbq sauce and extra pineapples. Not a vegetable in sight and it's really tasty.

To finish the night, we're back at the Jazz Kitchen Express getting more beignets. These were so hot and fresh, you had to eat them with a fork because they were too hot to hold!

A fun powdered sugar smile.

On the both of us.

After 3 hours wandering downtown, it was finally time to go home.

It was great spending a week with Rita and Aubrey. We did a ton of fun stuff together!
    I'm glad everyone has been enjoying the trip report. Aubrey has loved hearing all your responses.
    Now it's time to go plan the next adventure!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Another great trip report! Ah, I remember when I got my first DSLR. Your niece has quite an eye for photography! She takes really great photos for someone who is just starting out! She's only going to get better too, especially when she has an equally awesome photographer uncle to teach her. Will we be expecting her to contribute any high quality trip reports on MiceChat anytime soon?

Great trip report once again! I've enjoyed all of your trip reports, especially Tokyo Disney.

Your niece definitely has a good eye for photography. On her next visit to Disneyland, tell her to take photos of objects and scenes that aren't usually photographed because they might be out-of-the way or not well known. You can get some really great photographs that way!

And congrats on the soon-to-be #1 Disneyland fan!
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12