Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Al Report: Star Wars in Tomorrowland, D23 and why no announcments, GAC Attack 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    They don't necessarily have to be the speeder bikes from the original trilogy. They could also be the BARC speeder bikes from SWE3 and SW Clone Wars, which have an appearance that would fit Tomorrowland better.
    BARC speeder - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki
    Except Disney's moving away from the prequel era in favor of banking on the nostalgia for the original trilogy from finally making 7, 8 and 9 to Clone Wars being cancelled in favor of a show set during the early Rebellion.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion

Re: Al Report: Star Wars in Tomorrowland, D23 and why no announcments, GAC Attack 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Except Disney's moving away from the prequel era in favor of banking on the nostalgia for the original trilogy from finally making 7, 8 and 9 to Clone Wars being cancelled in favor of a show set during the early Rebellion.
    I highly doubt that. Look at Star Tours 2.0. You have original trilogy places like Hoth, but you also have podracing from Tatooine, the Battle of Coruscant, the Battle of Naboo, and Kashykk which were all found in the prequel trilogy.

• Minion

I highly doubt that. Look at Star Tours 2.0. You have original trilogy places like Hoth, but you also have podracing from Tatooine, the Battle of Coruscant, the Battle of Naboo, and Kashykk which were all found in the prequel trilogy.
    Except Kashyyyk has been around since the Star Wars Holiday Special and they used it as a locale for Endor Speeder Bike action.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Banned User

They don't necessarily have to be the speeder bikes from the original trilogy. They could also be the BARC speeder bikes from SWE3 and SW Clone Wars, which have an appearance that would fit Tomorrowland better.
    BARC speeder - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki
    With a motorbike coaster . . . the bikes have to kinda be short in length as you've got to fit a lot of them into a "pack" of motorbikes for efficiency. The Tron bikes aren't going to be "lifesize", but kinda squished to fit into the motorbike coaster mold

Name:  db_2013_0507_TronLightCycle_art.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  2.9 KB

I don't think any of the Star Wars bikes would work in a motorbike coaster, all of the ones I've seen have a huge extension in the front. When people think of Star Wars, they don't automatically think of "bikes", and I think it would be hard to force Star Wars on a motorbike coaster when the available Star Wars "bikes" (which aren't as iconic as X-Wings and Tie-Fighters and other spaceships), don't fit the mold.

• Minion

Except Kashyyyk has been around since the Star Wars Holiday Special and they used it as a locale for Endor Speeder Bike action.
    Because the speeder bikes are used in a forest setting it makes sense to use the grungy original trilogy vehicles. Now going back to Tomorrowland, you have a setting that is supposed to show a bright optimistic tomorrow. The Barc Speeder Bikes look much more fitting in this setting imo if they were to put the ride on the PM tracks. But personally, I would rather see the PeopleMover come back with a new design.

•   
    • Minion

As much as a lot of us me included don't like a all Star Wars area coming to TL this is how corporations think. How do we make more money and fend of our competitions. So WWoHP is coming to USH now Disney has something to match it in their eyes Star Wars. They are going to squeeze it in as fast as possible. Most of us would liek to see it in a third gate but a 3rd gate is too far off for Disney to wait in order to gain the benefit of buying Lucasfilm.

I am excited to see what they add to TL with Star Wars because I love the franchise so much. I have mixed feelings on forcing it in one of Walt's lands so dominantly but we are a minority of people who even think of these details. The average person you talk to will be all for this idea and that leads to more sales and profit!

• Minion

Star Wars overkill and reduced park hours, as the ticket prices continue to rise... Yeah.

Tomorrowland needs to be more diverse. Add in some Tron and some other things. If this all happens, that'd be WAY too much Star Wars in Tomorrowland.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Sock Puppet

I really REALLY hope the Star Wars rumors are true. I am so excited at the thought of making an entire Star Wars land at Disneyland with new rides!

I love the idea of bringing more Star Wars to Disneyland. Star Wars is a cultural phenomenon that has greatly influenced not one but two generations of Americans. It has drama, action, comedy as well as beautiful lands and fantastic story lines. There is no reason why a properly themed Star Wars land in place of Tomorrow Land will not be a revenue bonanza for Disney.

• Heavy Breather

I also think that a Light Cycle attraction would be better for the dormant PeopleMover track. That leads to another question, what'll happen to the Subs and Autopia?

I'd like to see the Subs re-skinned and made a part of Fantasyland.

Autopia can go, if I wanted to ride in little cars, I'd go to the closest Six Flags and do it.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    I also think that a Light Cycle attraction would be better for the dormant PeopleMover track. That leads to another question, what'll happen to the Subs and Autopia?

I'd like to see the Subs re-skinned and made a part of Fantasyland.

Autopia can go, if I wanted to ride in little cars, I'd go to the closest Six Flags and do it.
    I would love Tron Lightcycles but the only thing is it really doesn't make sense for them theme wise to be outside of the Matrix in the real world unless the whole exterior of Tomorrowland was rethemed as the Game Grid. The Star Wars speeder bikes are more versatile since they are essentially futuristic motorcycles.

Concerning the Subs and Autopia, honestly I would rather they just bulldoze them at this point. Autopia doesn't fit the theme and pollutes the environment and the subs are a shadow of their former self with a theme that has zero business in Tomorrowland. If they cleared out that area it would be considerable land that can be used for something more appropriate for Tomorrowland.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

It's quite sad to see Disneyland as a concept die out slowly in favor of stockholders and movie fanatics. Those who are in agreement with this decision don't realize the gem you are sacrificing to make Star Wars land a reality (which can be built anywhere). The company isn't healthy internally and has turned into something entirely different and unflattering over the last 20 years. This isn't Walt's product anymore, it has turned into the McDonald's of theme parks.

It disturbs me that even when they have a thematically correct and awesome franchise like Tron that would translate well to guests, they wont green light it because of box-office performance and can't think outside of their narrow view of what makes a successful theme park.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tomorrow View Post
    I would love Tron Lightcycles but the only thing is it really doesn't make sense for them theme wise to be outside of the Matrix in the real world unless the whole exterior of Tomorrowland was rethemed as the Game Grid. The Star Wars speeder bikes are more versatile since they are essentially futuristic motorcycles.
    This is where you use your imagination to fill in the gaps, but it is a whole heck of a lot more in-tune with Tomorrowland's theme than Star Wars and provides much needed diversity. The indoor scenes would have the grid theme as you specify and could be expanded if they really wanted to by utilizing the space where innoventions is, or perhaps replace Autopia. At night it would be amazing to see the neon design of those bikes speeding above guests.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 08-06-2013 at 10:42 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tomorrow View Post
    Don't you remember the third act of Tron Legacy? It's possible for programs to be brought into the real world considering how Quorra makes the jump and getting to the real world is Clu's entire evil plan. Having some Lightcycles be taken out of cyberspace isn't too much of a stretch.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Berm Buster

And then there was no mention of Avatar.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Don't you remember the third act of Tron Legacy? It's possible for programs to be brought into the real world considering how Quorra makes the jump and getting to the real world is Clu's entire evil plan. Having some Lightcycles be taken out of cyberspace isn't too much of a stretch.
    I totally forgot about that, good call.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast