Best Pool Off Property?

Looking to take my daughter to DLR overnight and am looking to find an off property hotel with a great pool. I'd love to take her to the Disneyland Hotel but it's going to be $400+ for one night. Any Thoughts?

Thanks
    Mark

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Re: Best Pool Off Property?

Howard Johnson's on Harbor is known for their great pool.

Disneyland Anaheim CA Hotel & Suites | Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground

Oh, no this isn't good, posters from portland and tacoma, and now me from Salem, sharing about off site pools. My son and his friend really liked diving for palm nuts at the Motel 6. But the kicker is that after a week at Disneyland and ending the vacation at the Desert Hot Springs Marriott pool complex, my mocktail slurping son said, " This is more fun than Disneyland" How old is your child?

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Thanks. The pool area looks perfect. She's not a great swimmer yet, but she loves to splash around.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    She's four and a half. We've got another one on the way so we're thinking this could be our last trip for a bit.

Mark

• Sock Puppet

I have never stayed off property, but I have heard many great things about Hojo's pool. It is themed to pirates, and has an interactive kid water play area.

Disneyland Anaheim CA Hotel & Suites | Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I will second the Howard Johnson's Pirate park. It isn't very big, but it has the nothing to 1 foot small wade pool and then the splash zones with two water slides. Every time the giant water bucket is going to dump a bell rings and kids scramble to get under the water. Plus there is a jacuzzi where an adult can sit and relax while keeping an eye on the kids. Additionally pluses are the free parking at the hotel and within walking distance even with a youngster and if to far, the ART shuttle has s top right in front of the hotel. They have a Kurieg coffee maker in all rooms and the customer service is excellent all the times we have stayed there. Our daughter loved the pool area at 4 and 5 and in fact enjoyed an afternoon spent there as much as the parks at times (our own little mermaid).
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• i believe in faeries.

i'm so glad i found this thread! we just put the deposit down for our trip, and decided to go with the HoJo. i decided to search the threads, to make sure i made the right decision for our family!

• far, far away from DL

WE just got back from our First Disneyland trip. We stayed at the HoJo and really enjoyed it. We had a 13, 12, 9 and 2 year old and they loved the water park themed to pirates. Their favorite part was the big bucket. The next time we visit Disneyland we are going to stay at the HoJo.