Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 3 gates, 3 entrances, all join at the Esplanade?

I'm just gonna play the pessimist here for a moment; but who's to say there will be a third park here in CA? You guys are talking about it as if its a sure-thing. Nothing is guaranteed. Shanghai Dland could very well flop and become a money pit; causing investment to be help up indefinately, the economy could take a tumble again, attendence might drop becuase travel is so expensive,people go other places, etc...
    I would personally prefer them to improve and perfect the land/area Walt himself walked on. I've seen some good, realistic, suggestions for improving Tomorrowland in another thread just for an example. I think I'd be REALLY nice to create a back-ally along Main St. like they have in Paris, relieving congestion due to fireworks and parades...things that don't necessarily mean a new park, land or e-ticket attraction; but that make the Dland experience new and exciting.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by littlemsfreckles View Post
    I'm just gonna play the pessimist here for a moment; but who's to say there will be a third park here in CA? You guys are talking about it as if its a sure-thing. Nothing is guaranteed. Shanghai Dland could very well flop and become a money pit; causing investment to be help up indefinately, the economy could take a tumble again, attendence might drop becuase travel is so expensive,people go other places, etc...
    I would personally prefer them to improve and perfect the land/area Walt himself walked on. I've seen some good, realistic, suggestions for improving Tomorrowland in another thread just for an example. I think I'd be REALLY nice to create a back-ally along Main St. like they have in Paris, relieving congestion due to fireworks and parades...things that don't necessarily mean a new park, land or e-ticket attraction; but that make the Dland experience new and exciting.
    Speaking personally, I'm optimistic that USH's expansions are going to work. Transformers has already... er... (sorry about this) transformed the park's attendance. The HP expansion represents a clear and realistic threat to Disney's bottom line.

IF HP West fails to affect Disney, then expect the same reaction FL gave to IOA. I'm very optimistic that this will not be the case and I'm also convinced that the sheer volume of MAJOR projects being floated this close to Carsland is 100% based on the potential damage Universal could cause (basing this again off the IOA opening).

If they are seriously intending to put all the potential projects out there in a worst-case (for TDA) scenario, they're going to need to either seriously reconfigure a major portion of both parks, or open the long-rumored and often discussed on an official level third gate.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    My apologies - I assumed you were working within the current realities of the property situation.

If all things were equal and money/property rights were no object, I'd buy the entire block across harbor and do the park there. From that point, you'd be looking at either submerging Harbor under the freeway or elevating it over the park - for safety's sake let's say do what they did for DTD. At that point you'd have the ability to have a third park contiguous with the other two and no need to demolish what already exists for Disney. Monorail connection would be the most likely "Disney" style transit at that point.

Well, I'd like to stretch reality as little as possible to keep things are reasonable as possible. I was hoping of keeping the main section of the 3rd park at Toy Story parking lot area, while taking over as few hotels/restaurants as possible to make space for some sort of "conduit" channel, maybe some 3rd gate themed Main Street'ish avenue thing that leads to the main entrance directly north of Toy Story lot. That conduit is just too damn long though, even if we speed people along moving sidewalks to artificially shorten foot distance.

Oh well...

• the rum is always gone

Name:  Transpo.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  207.1 KB
    It is possible to connect the esplanade with a 3rd gate using the monorail and also the anticipated parking structure Disney will be building at Disney Way and Clementine Street.

• Minion

That's fine, but Disney should buy the GardenWalk mall and rename it Uptown Disney, and have the yellow lines go through the mall. The monorail system should connect all 3 parks, all Disney-owned hotels and Disney parking lots with one system that is easy to use and free.

• Singing Drinker

The map has routes along city streets and potentially would involve easement/imminent domain proceedings on residences - it's a big obstacle and not just to be brushed aside. People get tetchy when you tell them you're demolishing their private residence for a theme park.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12