Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: A whole Tomorrowland redo should include the removal of Autopia and the Submarine

The subs aren't going anywhere; whether you love them or hate them. As for autopia, I could see some major touch-ups done with the cars and scenery; like others have mentioned-make them electric/more futuristic.
    I think we're going to see the old PM and RR track repurposed/rebuilt long before that happens though. I suspect this is the reason Space Mtn is down starting in November.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: A whole Tomorrowland redo should include the removal of Autopia and the Submarine

If both were re-themed to fit Tomorrowland, I would be in favor of keeping them both.

I shudder at the idea of losing that lovely reprieve of water! It's much needed visual breathing room. I loathe Nemo though.

Bring back the mermaid gals on rocks out there! ( I wish. )

• Loving all things Disney!

I disagree! I love Autopia!!!!!!!!!

The only thing about Autopia that needs to be changed is to reduce the force needed to depress the accelerator pedal.

Leave the gasoline engine alone. Keep it loud, fragrant and sputtering. Some electric version is simply boring, and disgustingly politically correct, frankly.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

I'm sorry but the area between Small World and TL train Station was set in stone back in 59 with the monorail. It would be extremely hard and overly expensive to build/move the monorail and the beams. Autopia works well there because of the laying the road around the beams is easer than building a building around them. The subs are stuck for a while because the show building is under that monorail and under the Autopia which would require the removal of all three.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Being tall enough to drive Autopia cars on one's own is a rite of passage. Re-theming the ride with futuristic electric vehicles and billboards (with lots of puns) would be a delight to the eye and entertainment for the grownups who accompany the little ones.

There could be a part of the track where the cars enter autopilot mode...

If you look at the actual Disneyland Resort webpages, they emphasize young families with little kids enjoying character meets and older folks eating and drinking. Nothing to do with rides. The eight-year-old in me doesn't understand at all why they'd cater to "babies" and grownups but just adores both the Subs and the Autopia. As an adult, I would prefer a better show on the Subs but I would rather have them as they are than gone completely -- as a kid, with a dog named Captain Nemo, nothing thrilled me more than lucking into a ride on the Nautilus.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Planning my next trip

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I'm sorry but the area between Small World and TL train Station was set in stone back in 59 with the monorail. It would be extremely hard and overly expensive to build/move the monorail and the beams. Autopia works well there because of the laying the road around the beams is easer than building a building around them. The subs are stuck for a while because the show building is under that monorail and under the Autopia which would require the removal of all three.
    Why not just eliminate the 'Tour' portion of the Monorail? When it makes its turn off of Harbor, just go straight to the loop around the Matterhorn. Figure about 15-20 piers need to be placed for that stretch. Do away with the rest.

Would make both legs of the trip closer in duration so one train wont have to hold at the station while the other gets a head start for its longer run. This would in effect increase capacity.

I say keep the subs, they are a "one of a kind" attraction. They should, though, re-do Autopia. Maybe make it something based on the Planes movie.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by miz bell View Post
    I shudder at the idea of losing that lovely reprieve of water! It's much needed visual breathing room. I loathe Nemo though.

Bring back the mermaid gals on rocks out there! ( I wish. )
    Then there would be a bunch of guys on the walkway shouting, "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!"
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Then there would be a bunch of guys on the walkway shouting, "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!"
    lmao

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345