Heading to disneyland in January 2014

I'm headed to Disneyland and California Adventure in late January 2014 and was wondering what rides will be closed for refurbishment. I tried looking online and I could only find ride closures in late this year. Also if there is any cant miss secrets to look for in lines or anything like that I would greatly appreciate it.

• Minion

Re: Heading to disneyland in January 2014

Likely It's a Small World to take down the holiday overlay and maybe Alice in Wonderland to upgrade the ride effects and to make the railings on the outside look visually appealing.

•   

There will likely be some refurbs during the slower season, but we likely won't know for another few months exactly what closes when. Small World and Haunted Mansion have holiday overlays that take several days to remove in the first part of January.

• Under that tree again!

January basically has two rides that close for two weeks each. Both to remove overlays. This is just an estimate based on history nothing official. Holidays end on the 6th, and the Haunted Mansion closes though the 20th. Then Small World closes on the 20th to February 1st.

Then for the last week of the month probably Splash Mountain. Splash tends to alternate with Grizzly River Run the other water ride which was down for I think 3 weeks. It's a cold and wet time of year which is why they rehab these rides between MLK day and President's Day weekend.

Sailing Ship Columbia is the other attraction that usually gets a winter break.

Other than that's it's only speculation at this point. Wait a few months to firm up the actual schedule.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Thanks for the information. I think im going the weekend of the 19th so it would be a bummer if splash mountain was down. I went at the same time last year and grizzly river run was closed but thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    January basically has two rides that close for two weeks each. Both to remove overlays. This is just an estimate based on history nothing official. Holidays end on the 6th, and the Haunted Mansion closes though the 20th. Then Small World closes on the 20th to February 1st.

Then for the last week of the month probably Splash Mountain. Splash tends to alternate with Grizzly River Run the other water ride which was down for I think 3 weeks. It's a cold and wet time of year which is why they rehab these rides between MLK day and President's Day weekend.

Sailing Ship Columbia is the other attraction that usually gets a winter break.

Other than that's it's only speculation at this point. Wait a few months to firm up the actual schedule.