Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Vroom, vroom!

Re: Is there free wifi in Disneyland and DCA now?

I'm glad that this got resolved, but I still have to say, can't people NOT be online for just ONE day at Disneyland?
    Seriously, when I'm at any theme park, I bring my cell only to keep tabs on other friends and family that are there, and even then I don't care to bring it out unless I have to.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Yeah, exactly, I want to get *away* from email always coming in, things demanding my attention. It's the same on vacation- if you're going to bring the world with you, why go? Stay home, it's cheaper.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

this is already done at the WDW theme parks and it works out fine.

I NEED free wifi while I wait in line. cus the majority of the day spend at DLR is waiting in line. I already have a rechargeable case.

• Hot FIRE!

I admit I do embrace many new-fangled things other here find questionable but the idea of being on a screen more then seeing everything around you in a theme park is one I cannot be content with. I personally put my phone into my pocket and enjoy the park only pulling it out if I REALLY need to which 90% of the time I don't. I fear the future will be like WALL-E where everyone will visit the parks with screens in front of them the whole time never once having it off. If others do it fine but it bothers me when others are on them during attractions ruining the experience.

ok I ranted enough, WiFi isn't available...yet...but I'm sure someday it'll happen.

...As I see it

• Nutty about Disney parks

If MyMagic comes to DLR, then they will have no choice to provide free WiFi. I have no problem with wireless stuff being used in the lines but I expect people to practice proper tech etiquette once a show or ride starts. That's a little tricky since people still have problem with that.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

I usually bring a 7" tablet with me because I like to check in on MiceChat at least a few times during the day, and a tablet is far easier to use in that context than my smart phone. I only use it when taking a coffee or meal break, so no blockage of the view by others. I would never use it as a camera held on high, at the expense of the views of those behind me. For that matter, I wouldn't use my DSLR over my head with folks behind me, either. Along with its wide strap, it could ruin the view of others, too.

As for wifi, we enjoyed it at Walt Disney World earlier this year. Worked very well for us. It will be nice if they extend that amenity to Disneyland.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    I NEED free wifi while I wait in line. cus the majority of the day spend at DLR is waiting in line. I already have a rechargeable case.
    Conversation with your group works as an awesome way to pass the time as well.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

I don't understand why it bothers people at all. When I was little I would bring a coloring book with me when I was bored in lines. When I was a teenager I had a book and a notepad to the parks. Now in the year 2013 I bring a tablet for pretty much the same function. This is how I enjoy life hard to believe it can disrupt others so much. In ten years there will be something else i'm sure. I will say this I love checking into places through my smart phone and sharing it on FB that's something I couldn't do before that tecnology existed. Oh and I still enjoy the park just as much whether I am on a smartphone, tablet, talking to my party, or whatever. I'm always happy at DL!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    You mean IMing in person?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    You mean IMing in person?
    I heard it's like FaceTime only on a bigger screen. Personally I'm against it myself.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Scott View Post
    I'm glad that this got resolved, but I still have to say, can't people NOT be online for just ONE day at Disneyland?
    Seriously, when I'm at any theme park, I bring my cell only to keep tabs on other friends and family that are there, and even then I don't care to bring it out unless I have to.
    I check wait times all the time when I'm at DL/DCA, usually there by myself so it's easy for me to get where the waits are short.

Last June I was able to ride the Matterhorn when it soft-opened after the refurb coz I saw on Twitter it was open.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I heard it's like FaceTime only on a bigger screen. Personally I'm against it myself.
    A 3D FaceTime.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Except when it's the third of fourth day you've been there standing in line with the same people. Usually by that time I'm out of things to talk about. When that happens, it's nice to have a diversion whether that be a book or music or a smartphone.

Had lunch at the Rain Forest Cafe in DTD and they have wi-fi. It's passworded, and I don't know how often they change it or how far it goes outside the restaurant.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Evil is Sexy

Welcome to the "jacked-in" generation. Soon, we'll have google glass and then.. perhaps we'll all just be jacked into the matrix via head ports. The jacked-in generation doesn't care that they're ruining your experience with their gadgets (unless it's yours ruining theirs) because it's all about the "Me, now."
    Personally, I would be fine if Disney pulled an AMC* and had a signal dampener over the park with only landline useage within. But that will never happen in our modern age of convienence.

*Some of the AMC theatres around here do this to prevent interruptions via cell phones and other wi-fi enabled devices in the theatre area.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast