Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Basking in birthday love

Lightbulb "THAT'S the line for Annual Passes??": A few tips if you're buying or renewing

You've seen it in the park, and you've seen the picture in Al's most recent update: the line at the Bank of Main Street for processing Annual Passports seems like it's always eternally long. That's because... well, it is. Here are the questions I get the most about the AP line, and some of the answers.

Q: Is there another location for getting my pass processed?
    A: Yes and no. Guest Relations at DCA can handle replacement passports, renewals, and upgrades from lower-level passports. However, the only location that has cameras is the Bank of Main Street, so that's the only place you can go if you need a picture taken. If your photo is already in the system, it is highly recommended that you use the other location. If you haven't come to the park yet and are planning on renewing/upgrading, it is even more highly recommended that you renew by mail or go to http://disneyland.com/ap to get your new passport. (This process can take up to six weeks, but usually happens in under two.)

Q: How long does the line take?
    A: It depends. Some guests will take longer to process for various reasons, while others will be able to pop in and out. Assume an average of about five minutes per each guest in line. That does mean every single guest, including children, who have to be processed as well. (It will actually be shorter than this, depending on how many windows are open, but you'll be a happier person if it takes less time than you expect rather than more.) If the entire extended queue is being used, it can be anywhere from 1-3 hours. If there are more people than that.... You get the idea.

Q: Is there a time when the line is going to be shorter?
    A: Not really. (Don't you love how decisive my answers are?) Expect it to be relatively reasonable right when the park opens, but within the first couple of hours, it will get to the length where it will stay all day. Yes, it does stay that long ALL DAY. It does not get shorter during parades (a popular notion), though your wait in line will be more amusing if you go during that time. The only time it does tend to drop off a little is during the fireworks on weekends. Also, it's always much longer on weekends than weekdays. Generally, we recommend that if you are at the Bank, you get in line and take care of it while you're in the area, because if you put it off, you'll be in trouble.

Q: How late is the Bank open?
    A: This one I'm going to have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure it stays open as late as the rest of Main Street, which is to say, one hour after the park closes. Try not to put it off until the very end of the day, since you'll be in trouble if you run out of time due to poor planning, because...

Q: Do I have to do it today?
    A: Passports must be processed on the first day they are used for park entry. The CMs at the Bank will very occasionally allow someone to use the pass for a second day's admission, but only under extenuating circumstances, such as having to leave the park for an emergency or having a flight to catch. "I don't want to wait in the long line" is not an extenuating circumstance. Our advice to everyone is to do it right away.

Q: Is that the line for the Opera House?
    A: Not at all! Come right on in, our next show starts in about five minutes.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Resident DL'er

Re: "THAT'S the line for Annual Passes??": A few tips if you're buying or renewing

Good tips. When I got my pass last month, we made sure to head to that line immediately. One of the cast members at the gate gave us the good advice to get in line asap, because of how long it gets later in the day. Fortunately for us, we only had to wait in line for about 15 minutes.

• no flash photography...

Re: "THAT'S the line for Annual Passes??": A few tips if you're buying or renewing

I'm renewing by mail...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I renew by mail. You save $20, and the past two times that I've done it I got a better (in my opinion) AP design than what the AP Processing Center was offering.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Closed Account

Thanks for the info. I personally have renewed by mail both times, and love the designs to choose from. First the 50th tinkerbell over goofy, and now the 50th mickey over the, imho, gawd awful 50th hotel key card.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Well, they would LIKE you to process your AP on the first day, but they don't FORCE you to. What are they going to do??? Not let you in???

A few years ago, we purchased two new ones for our kids and didn't process it until the third day of our trip. The lines were just too long. The CM at the gate kindly reminded us to process it that day, but each w/e day was too busy. Finally, on the monday, there was no line and we processed it.

We're not rebels trying to fight the system, we just didn't want to stand in line for hours when we didn't have to.

Sorry, that was a choice that we made.

Since then, we have renewed by mail and avoided the situation.

Thanks for the tips!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    Q: Do I have to do it today?
    A: Passports must be processed on the first day they are used for park entry. The CMs at the Bank will very occasionally allow someone to use the pass for a second day's admission, but only under extenuating circumstances, such as having to leave the park for an emergency or having a flight to catch. "I don't want to wait in the long line" is not an extenuating circumstance. Our advice to everyone is to do it right away.
    Actually, this isn't true. My son entered the park, had a great day, we went to leave and he suddenly HATED his hair, he wasn't going to get his picture taken with his hair like this.... <er> There was NO line (it was 2am on New Years Eve/day). So I asked the people in the bank, and they said "Not a problem, they will just keep reminding you to get the picture taken." Next day, (sort of the same day, as it was just 8 hours later) we entered, the gal smiled and welcomed him and reminded him to go get processed. I sent him there, and the line was about an hour long. All cause his hair wasn't exactly right earlier....
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Question for the AP people. Don't APs run a 12 month schedule, meaning that if I purchase mine in August, then it would be valid until August of next year? If so, then why such long lines at the beginning of the year? Is it because so many people receive them for the holidays?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ
    Question for the AP people. Don't APs run a 12 month schedule, meaning that if I purchase mine in August, then it would be valid until August of next year? If so, then why such long lines at the beginning of the year? Is it because so many people receive them for the holidays?
    My son got a new one. Most people renewing their pass, don't need to go to the bank. It can be done at Guest Services faster. The bank is for new passes for the pic.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Basking in birthday love

It's possible that they've changed the rules recently. It's also possible that different CMs will enforce the rules in different ways. The readmission ticket you're given on the first visit with your AP says that you have to process that day. The information here is pretty much word for word what they give us at the Opera House, since we tend to answer a LOT of AP processing questions, especially when we're working greeter. They might let people process after the first visit, but it's by no means guaranteed.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Remind me again how to change my address. Can I do it via the Internet?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Pirate Girl

Re: Annual Pass tips

I always get the SoCal pass I get for Christmas upgraded to a Premium at the outside guest relations window. It is WAY easier and takes about 10 minutes in line if there are 10 people in line. I would rather have a crappy older photo than wait in a 3 hr line.

Aprille :-)

• Give Peace a Chance

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Remind me again how to change my address. Can I do it via the Internet?
    http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/med...ngeaddress.pdf
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    Well, they would LIKE you to process your AP on the first day, but they don't FORCE you to. What are they going to do??? Not let you in???
    That's what happened with me the first time I got my AP 5 years ago. I went on my bday after school with my brother (but he had to work later in the evening so we wouldn't be there very long) and there was a very long line and not to mention it was very drizzly out at the time and a Cast Member said we could come back within the week to get my pass processed. Ended up getting it 4 days later...

I renewed mine at the outside guest relations window, too. They just used my old photograph. Much better. Plus I don't have to have my picture taken again! (camera phobic)
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast