Red Face D23 Costume Questions

Hello Micechatters, this weekend will be my very first convention/expo type event. My current knowledge of these types of events is lots of people dress up. What I wanted to know was is this also the case for D23. I would love to dress up but I dont want to be the only one there in costume. Also how is the temperature inside of the convention center? Lastly can I stay dressed up for the entire day Im there or are there only certain pavilions I can go in with my costume on.
    Thanks guys and hope to hear from you!

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

Re: D23 Costume Questions

I know that at a Disney park, you can dress up, but you can't cover your eyes..... I don't know for a fact that it's different at D23, but I do know that people dress up for it.... and a good bit of people at that!

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    I know that at a Disney park, you can dress up, but you can't cover your eyes
    That's only for the Halloween parties. The regular policy is that only kids can dress up at the park.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    That's only for the Halloween parties. The regular policy is that only kids can dress up at the park.
    Yeah, and that also depends on the costume too, because I dress as a character named Booker Dewitt, and might go to Disney as him, and without the shoulder holster, you can't tell it's a costume.
    http://beagamecharacter.com/wp-conte...ker-DeWitt.jpg
    I've also seen 4 people at Disney dressed as Kingdom Hearts characters (wigs and all) and they NEVER got in trouble for doing it. Actually, quite the opposite! Cast members were telling them how cool they looked, and I got my picture with them!
    So I think it's policy, but I think they are really REALLY lenient....

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

Lots of guest go in costumes, probably more so this year with the costume contest. The deadline to enter the contest is over tho.
    The convention in the last years has been well air conditioned, but with so many people some of the smaller rooms can get warmer. I try and bring a scarf or a light jacket.

Costume Information
    All event attendees—including adults—may attend D23 Expo 2013 dressed as their favorite Disney and Marvel Characters. Attendees in costume must adhere to the following guidelines:

1. Costumes should be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, or violent.
    2. Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.
    3. Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pretend or imply that they are an official Disney Character. Creating lines or collecting money for pictures and/or signed autographs is not permitted.
    4. Costumes should not drag on the ground.
    5. Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike another guest.
    6. Costumes should not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.

They are having a Costume contest at D23.

THE ULTIMATE DISNEY COSTUME CONTEST: A LA MODE
    Fans can even take part in the Expo action. Previous attendees have dressed as their favorite Disney characters, which played a role in the development of the A La Mode Costume Contest, named after the fashionista stylist to The Incredibles.
    It was so amazing each year to see the costumes that Disney fans created just for fun, Epstein said. It (the event) really is an extension of that, to see so many brilliant costumes, people who really put time and effort and real quality design work into these pieces. What a terrific opportunity to show off that work is the A La Mode Costume Contest. We had some truly fantastic submissions, and so, we think that what the guests still see on Stage 23 is really the cream of the crop of creativity.
    The theme: heroes and villains. The judges: yet to be announced as of press time. The excitement: only building.

However, you will find 50-100 guests / day in Costumes.
    Here are two friends (Lisa Fabio as Ursula and Singer Traci Hines as Ariel) with the costumes they wore at the last D23

• ~

^ Thanks for posting that information here, BrokenThought! I think their post should answer your questions, OP.

Costumes are a certainly fun part of the expo--the guests that wear costumes are in the minority, but there's a still a fair amount of them. My particular favorites from that day I went to 2011's expo were the Hatbox Ghost and the tight roper walker from the Haunted Mansion.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Since they are having a costume contest this year, I'm betting there will be a LOT more people costumed this year. Wish I was gonna be there....

Two years ago....

I hope to see LOTS of pics of the costumes from this year!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Anyone looking out for affordable wigs? I got a source for option. I found great bargain of cheap wigs from this wholesaler. I had a trial order for a lace wigs before, turns out a pleasant purchase. Hope this help!

I was worried my Evil Queen costume would be kicked out for too much cleavage. TAME by comic con standards but I'm wondering how much skin they were showing? Mine's based on the designer doll version.