Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Hatbox Ghost Animatronic featured at D23!

Its cool to see that..thanks for posting. Its probably just me, but that HBG somewhat reminds me of the Phantom from DLRP Phantom Manor.....
    Last edited by Cuddles McHenry; 08-12-2013 at 11:22 AM.

I am not sure if any of you noticed but over in the visual effects booth across from the animatronic booth on top of a pile of stuff is another hatbox, that to me tells me that they have solved the question on how to make his head disappear and reappear,

When I asked about Hatty's disappearing head gag they simply pointed me over to the illusioneering section stating something along the lines of, "Well if you want to get an idea of how that WOULD be accomplished you can head across to the illusioneering demonstration."

Are you guys talking about the special effects section that had the figment in front of it? In there there was a book with a castle that would disappear and reappear really nicely. The imagineer working said that this technology was ready to go and mentioned it being used in the sleeping beauty walkthrough but I think it could work for the hatbox ghost. Maybe that was why they were pointing people over that way?

CHRISTINA&JUSTIN

That mockup at d23 does look more like the one Yale Gracey was photographed testing before the Mansion too- more realistic than what was installed in the attracttion- https://www.google.com/search?q=yale...w=1024&bih=672

My best guess- very early prototype based on either what visual development has been
    done on the movie or a "classics" style (as in things like Mattel's current he-man line or the last
    batman toon- retro or original styles recreated faithfully but done really well with all the tech improvements made since)
    From there, Hatty will be installed to promote the movie- no different than Jack Sparrow but with more geek cred.

• Here Comes Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by kristibaer View Post
    I hate to be a wet blanket, but DL will soon be gearing up for the holidays and HM is scheduled to be closed on 8/26 for the Jack Skellingrton overlay. I wouldn't expect to see our beloved hat box ghost return until January when the HM is resturned to normal.
    Screamscape is reporting HBG return after the holidays

Disneyland
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• Disneyland 20 year APH

From what I heard it will go in next year for the 45 anniversary of HM or in 2 years for DL 60th
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Science Factual

Quote Originally Posted by kristibaer View Post
    Screamscape is reporting HBG return after the holidays

Disneyland
    from Screamscape:
    "General Park News - (8/14/13) I’ve been told that the Hatbox Ghost animatronic seen at the D23 Expo will indeed be installed into the Haunted Mansion sometime in 2014. The earliest opportunity to do so would be during the closure to remove the Nightmare Before Christmas edition in January, but with all that other work to do I’m not sure if that would be the right time."

this from the The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread (pg 492)

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    08-09-2013
    Big news... what we are seeing is indeed the new Hatbox Ghost.

Of course, These claims are all up for discussion. However I do trust one source more than the other honestly. Til then we can just hope I suppose.

• The Disneyland Bro

If he does come back (which would be LEGIT), hopefully the entire Attic is re-worked so he is the prominent figure he deserves to be; not just a prop in the background subsidiary to the axin'.

• I'm a Lutheran

Well, from what I've seen yesterday, there is definitely plenty of room for a big animatronic of this sort, I just REALLY hope that they get rid of Constance. I've always been pro-addition, pro-optimistic, but as of late, I've really started to fade in my liking of Constance. Everyone knows how unconvincing the Connie effect is, and how it is done. Part of the wonder of the HM is wondering about how the effect is accomplished. At this point, I just want the pop-ups and regular bride back. I mean, it makes sense to have a headless man in a room inhabited by a head-chopping woman, but nonetheless. But when there's such a fan-base involving the original attic, you'd think they'd get a hint. And the pop-up mechanisms are still there. They just need zombie heads, not Tim Burton toys.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345