Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Cunning infiltrator

DL or DCA First? Or DL or DCA last?

You just made it to the Mickey and Friend's Parking Structure, after being directed to a character parking space and park to a location, you then began to board the Mickey and Friend's Tram. After a having a long and short trip to the Esplanade of the Disneyland Resort, which park would you visit first?

If you have a single-day admission:

Disneyland or Disney California Adventure?

If you have a one day park hopper:

Would you spend your time at DL first then hop over to DCA to finish your night off for World of Color or the other way around with Fantasmic?

A two day trip to the Disneyland Resort:

Disneyland or Disney California Adventure for the first day? How about the second as well?

How do you start your day at the resort? Do you prefer visit Disneyland for last after Disney California Adventure for another experience that you don't want to miss and go home late? Or simply, you want to go to Disneyland first then end your trip at DCA and leaving home earlier by one hour early?

So, what it will be?

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Minion

Re: DL or DCA First? Or DL or DCA last?

DCA to get Cars Land out of the way.

Single Day: Disneyland. No question.

Hopper: Disneyland first.

2 Day - 1 Park Per Day: We did this 2 years ago. We never stepped foot in DCA.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Blew By You

Disneyland with a one day admission.
    With a park hopper, I'd enter DCA first. I'd end the day at Disneyland.
    2 days: I'd enter DCA first on the first day, then hop over to Disneyland, then spend the second day entirely at Disneyland.

• Science Factual

Simple tip:
    Day 1 = Corn Dog from Little Red Wagon
    Day 2 = Hot Link Corn Dog from Corn Dog Castle

use this info as you see fit

> If you have a single-day admission:

Disneyland. No question.

> If you have a one day park hopper:

Start in Disneyland, go over to DCA for lunch (soup in bread bowl), CS, ITTBAB, MIM&STTR and the Technicolor Twirl (King Triton's Carousel of the Sea -- whale) and a walk through abl staring up at the clover and imagining I'm a bug, then back to Disneyland for the rest of the day, fireworks and Fantasmic.

> A two day trip to the Disneyland Resort:

Probably wouldn't happen since I'm local and I think one full day would be enough at this point.

If I didn't have a pass, and I had to choose for one or two days, it's Disneyland all the way. Nothing against California Adventure, but Carsland and Mad T Party are all I do there...besides eat. I can't handle Screaming and don't like Tower, and don't care much for World of Color, so the attractions are limited for me. Disneyland has the Classics, and there's still Magic there for me that can't be replicated anywhere.

• Selfie Expert

If you have a single-day admission:

My preference would be to spend the day in Disneyland, though I have spent the day in DCA when I went with friends (I was on an AP... if I had to pay for the single day, I probably wouldn't have joined them)

If you have a one day park hopper:

Probably spend the majority in DL, then the evening in DCA

A two day trip to the Disneyland Resort:

I'd hope between the two as I saw fit

How do you start your day at the resort? Do you prefer visit Disneyland for last after Disney California Adventure for another experience that you don't want to miss and go home late? Or simply, you want to go to Disneyland first then end your trip at DCA and leaving home earlier by one hour early?

We don't follow any set pattern, and we usually hop a couple times throughout the day. However, our usual pattern is to start in DL, take a break to Trader Sam's, then head to DCA for the evening.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• The doctor is in

I always choose Disneyland first. Even when I have multiple days I choose Disneyland first.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Foolish Mortal

As an APH, 99% of the time we hit DCA first for 3 hours or so, then we head into DL. I always love hitting DL second, because when I leave the park, it takes me back to my childhood of leaving DL, and having the full DL experience.

There has been only one time that we spent our entire day at DCA only. I didn't feel fulfilled, I felt like something was missing, and that obvious something was not going into DL. I promise I'll never let that happen again.

If you have a single-day admission: Disneyland, hands down.

If you have a one day park hopper: Spend the majority in DL, then the evening in DCA (Screamin' is super fun after dark)

A two day trip to the Disneyland Resort: Start in DL, do DCA for a few hours in the evening, the park hop the next day as necessary to do what I wanted.

I usually go for several days, hit DL first and that is also usually the last park I am at before I leave.

• -

It depends if I want to ride the racers. If so, I will start at CA Adventure as the fastpasses run out early. If not, it doesn't matter to me which park I start in as I will be visiting both.

As for ending the night, it depends on how tired I am. If I need a boost before driving home, I hit Starbuck’s.at CA Adventure to end the night. Thankfully, that won’t be an issue soon as I will be able to get that boost no matter what park I am in.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• i believe in faeries.

if i only had one day: disneyland
    if i had a 2 day park hopper: start at disneyland, go over to dca in the evening for WOC (and run to RSR right after the show) on the first day. on the second, start at DCA, and end with disneyland and fantasmic.

We recently did a 3-day. The first AND 2nd days were both spent at DL. The third day was at DCA. Why? It's our favorite of the 2 parks. BTW, we had park-hoppers and didn't hop. Our tickets were military tickets and park-hoppers were less expensive than 1 park per day tickets.

Last year we went to WDW/FL. MK was first!

Another time we did a 2-day. I think it was a 2-days-for-$99 special, and they were NOT park hoppers. We went to DL first and DCA 2nd.

Back in 2007, we did a 1 day up-and-back. Just DL.

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

If you want to do Peter Pan and the rest of Fantasyland with minimal waits then go to Disneyland first, just be there 15 minutes early.
    If you want to do Toy Story Mania and the rest of Paradise Pier with minimal waits then go to California Adventure, just be there 15 minutes early.

The other way to look at it. If the park is doing an Early Entry and you cannot participate, then go to the other park 1st, just be there 15 minutes early.

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast