Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: NEW Indy Effect

• -

Re: NEW Indy Effect

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Only 41 signatures needed!
    Needed for what? For Disney to ignore a tiny petition with only 100 names on it. Unfortunately, it's going to take a lot more than that.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Hmmm... I'm not sure what to think of this. I don't really like the new voice at all. Doesn't fit. The old voice was perfect! They didn't need to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    The latest rumor I am hearing is that Neil Patrick Harris is the one who did the new Mara voice. Can anyone confirm this?
    So we have Dr. Horrible as a god-like figure in Disneyland?

As much as I dislike the voice...that is freaking awesome.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    So we have Dr. Horrible as a god-like figure in Disneyland?

As much as I dislike the voice...that is freaking awesome.
    Ha! If it's true, then maybe JEJ can do the California Screamin' voice. Just imagine him saying, "Second thoughts? TOO LATE!" Wait. I think I just scared myself a little. Someone hold me.

The new effect looks awesome and I am very excited to see (not so much hear) it. I do find it a bit odd though. When I was there in May and the Old Mara was working better than I had seen it in a couple of years. What I find odd is that the black room where nothing happens was still empty and probably still is....

I love that they are plusing the ride but would rather see them add to a room that is a blank canvas than to fix something that wasn't broken.

Still, I can express how excited I am to see the Mara effect in person. It added to the excitement of my late September trip for my first Disneyland Halloween.

I went on it last night and the effect is pretty cool. Adds an effect that ups the ride value as far as drawing the rider into the story line. The voice changed and I noticed it, but it's 5 seconds of the ride, so it's not that big of a deal. The best part of it, I was riding it with friends and sitting next to a 19 year old who had no clue. Her screaming out, "Oh my God! What is happening? What was that?!" It just made it that much better.

• The one, the only...

I got to see all three versions this morning. I like the new effect. The voice must have been tweaked some today as it is not quite as obnoxious. I still prefer the original voice.

I liked the Observatory of the future the best. The face really turns a cool purple color. The fountain of youth is the least interesting. Her face cracks and then spots. I would have preferred to see the face wrinkle up and turn weird green or brown color as it is the fountain of Youth version. The Earthly treasures one is OK. The face melts, which is what gold does so that is OK and looks OK.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Former Churro Jockey

Okay, so I had a chance to ride this last night, and I LOVED the upgrades! The speaker in my seat was broken, so I couldn't hear which chamber we were supposed to be going to, but it was the one on the far right.

First, the effects are awesome. To see the idol decay right in front of your eyes is amazing. As for the voice that everyone hates so much... I was fine with it. I loved the new script where the idol is yelling (and I mean YELLING!) at you for looking into it's eyes. It really ratchets up the intensity of the ride. My minor quibble would be that I don't like the human eyes. It makes it seem cartoonish. I'd rather they just have the eyes be gold like the rest of the idol, and then maybe when it starts yelling "You Looked!" maybe they can change to a molten red or something and then black as the face starts to decay.

However, there was a completely different part of the ride that I do hate. Right after you leave the main chamber with the bridge and the snakes and the skeletons, you come into a room where whatever effect was there (I don't even remember what is supposed to be there) is currently not working, and so you have just empty black drywall. So you go from being inside of a temple that is falling apart to something that looks like you've accidentally ended up backstage, and then to the room with the guys that spit darts at you as you pass. COMPLETELY ruined the ride for me. I get that the effect is broken, and that happens, I'm not upset about that, but how are the walls not at least minimally themed so that when the effect doesn't work it doesn't completely ruin the show for you? Maybe this should be a bit of a wake-up call for Disney that this ride relies too much on projectors for their effects, and when the projectors aren't working everything gets ruined. Like I said, I don't even remember what was there originally so whatever effect is supposed to be there is not that impressive. Let's ditch the projector technology and add actual effects to the walls (I'd be fine with more skeletons and spider webs) so that when the effects break it still looks like you're in a temple.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    However, there was a completely different part of the ride that I do hate. Right after you leave the main chamber with the bridge and the snakes and the skeletons, you come into a room where whatever effect was there (I don't even remember what is supposed to be there) is currently not working, and so you have just empty black drywall. So you go from being inside of a temple that is falling apart to something that looks like you've accidentally ended up backstage, and then to the room with the guys that spit darts at you as you pass. COMPLETELY ruined the ride for me. I get that the effect is broken, and that happens, I'm not upset about that, but how are the walls not at least minimally themed so that when the effect doesn't work it doesn't completely ruin the show for you? Maybe this should be a bit of a wake-up call for Disney that this ride relies too much on projectors for their effects, and when the projectors aren't working everything gets ruined. Like I said, I don't even remember what was there originally so whatever effect is supposed to be there is not that impressive. Let's ditch the projector technology and add actual effects to the walls (I'd be fine with more skeletons and spider webs) so that when the effects break it still looks like you're in a temple.
    If you're talking about the room right before the rat room (which I think you are) there is no effect there. As far as I know there never was. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's always been black in that room.

• Former Churro Jockey

Yes, it's right before the rat room. Maybe it was just darker, but I've never been able to see the drywall before.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Ok, so I went on Indy last night and I have this to say now that I've seen the upgrade in person.

The visual effects are pretty awesome - it's great to see something new on this ride. I didn't tell my wife and her friend about it (both of whom are avid APers and love Indy) and they freaked out! I don't think they noticed the voice though.

Speaking of which, it's not as bad in person as it sounds on the tape. It is a bit louder than the old voice and the higher register means you can hear the complete spiel more quickly. I still am partial to the old voice though. The new one sounds like a younger guy who's furious and throwing a tantrum, the old one sounds like an ancient, omnipotent being who has decided that you must perish

Eh... I can live with it.

• The Disneyland Bro

Googly eyes are terrible

New voice is unnecessary but alright

And...scene!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910