Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Indy Effect

Re: NEW Indy Effect

Just an FYI everyone, this is not a "Limited Time Magic" thing. This is permanent.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

• Minion

MiceChat has posted a video on their FB page, and the effect in that video is even cooler:

https://www.facebook.com/MiceBook
    Last edited by jasmineray; 08-14-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

•   

wooo hooo hoooo pretty good thats what im talking about!!!!!! everyone has heard the expression "dont fix what isnt broken" but disney chucked that out the window and is treating its fans to a great treat!!!! im not digging the voice much but im not gonna comp0lain about it and going to accept it and enjoy. Im hoping This is a sign of things to come. For instance soon fixing the animals at the end of splash mountain in the finale and fixing the top part of the light tunnel in space mountain and i hoping this means that big thunder is going to be amazing!!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

The voice is certainly different... It is certainly clearer which might help people who only experience the attraction once or twice understand the plot a bit more.

I saw it today when I managed to get onto Indy. The effect was brilliant, and I think it's a major improvement. The voice is the one thing I had an issue with, as I originally thought it was a woman's voice because of how much softer and gentler it sounded compared to the rough booming voice of the older Mara and kept thinking "Wait... Mara isn't a girl... is she/he/it?"

I wonder if this is why the flashy eyes were not working when I rode the ride on Sunday (or Monday..don't quite remember). It then had the original Mara voice and the same sequence except the eyes didn't flash.

• Vidia's Minion

Dangit I was so proud of having NEVER looked into the eyes. Now I might have to finally do it (I'm not watching those videos though LOL)

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    MiceChat has posted a video on their FB page, and the effect in that video is even cooler:

https://www.facebook.com/MiceBook
    Tis is a pretty good video of it. I will wait until I experience it myself to pass judgement on the voice. In the FB page version it sounds ok to me but again I haven't actually been on it to experience it.

the voice is simply terrible.
    everything else great though

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RuneM View Post
    I saw it today when I managed to get onto Indy. The effect was brilliant, and I think it's a major improvement. The voice is the one thing I had an issue with, as I originally thought it was a woman's voice because of how much softer and gentler it sounded compared to the rough booming voice of the older Mara and kept thinking "Wait... Mara isn't a girl... is she/he/it?"
    Mara's been interchangably identified as a god or goddess depending on the support material. Again, I would have preferred they kept the old voice and Mara remained androgynous.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

What has been said has been said.

But let me put my own opinion out there anyways. Yes, I agree, the old voice was better as it was very monstrous and foreboding, and the new one just doesn't sound right to the situation. HOWEVER, a change in the voice is not a bad idea if done correctly. While I am not sure if many would agree, I want to put my take on it...

The way I see it in my head, Mara is a young god. Look at all the pictures of him scattered around the temple. He has the complexion of a young man, so it doesn't seem totally out of the question to be voiced by a young guy either. Some could argue that his godlike stature has permanently made him look perfect in every way, but I digress. So a young voice isn't totally out of the question, but the accent and delivery of the lines is off. For me, Mara should of sounded like a young Indian Prince. Why? Mara is a demon in Buddhism, which has its roots in India. In fact, an soothing Indian Prince voice as you enter could be beneficial to the story. Mara is trying to lure visitors in with eternal youth, earthly riches, or visions of the future. If he sounded like a calm Indian Prince, it would almost be like he is trying to beckon visitors into the chambers, and with such a young beautiful voice that sounds of supreme loyalty, who wouldn't want to open their eyes and take a look? Once people looked into his eyes, then his voice would morph from the young Indian Prince to the old foreboding doom voice we all know and love.

Of course, like I said, that's just my take on it.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

What hasn't been pointed out is that the new animation of the Mara idol makes it look like some CGI monstrosity courtesy of old George Lucas. Was he in town recently and request they change it? I mean, the idol actually comes to life like that? That's more like something out of the Mummy series of movies than Indy. The bad (voice) acting is also pure modern Lucas.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Just got back from the park, and wow that effect is rad.

I'm not shocking anyone here when I say the voice is terrible, because that's been established. However, the effect on the face was actually borderline scary for a second. Kudos!

(but please bring back the original voice!!)

Just rode it today, the voice in person really wasn't that bad. Toward the end where Mara gets mad it actually gets kinda scary. Mara sounds more angry to me. But man that face projection was actually pretty scary. They did a good job!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Here's all 3 NEW versions of the effect...the Space Room by far is still the best room
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ylhTL5_PRY

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast