Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Post Blame it on DOSH? major Space Mountain closure coming

The automated phone announcement states that Space Mountain will be closed from November 4 through January 17

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: Blame it on DOSH? major Space Mountain closure coming

I'm sure it could have something with DOSH, but it's not unusual for E-tickets to be down for months. I'm guessing that they wanted to wait for BTRR to be finished.

• Johnny and Me!

New opening date for Thunder Mountain.

I wonder if Space's closure will be rescheduled until after BTMRR opens. If Space had a DOSH issue, I would expect it to close a lot sooner.

Guess there won't be a Ghost Galaxy this year, then.

• Johnny and Me!

According to the Disney Parks Blog, Ghost Galaxy will be open from September 13 thru October 31:

Halloween Time Returns to the Disneyland Resort September 13 – October 31; Mickey’s Halloween Party Expanding to 13 Nights « Disney Parks Blog

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    New opening date for Thunder Mountain.

I wonder if Space's closure will be rescheduled until after BTMRR opens. If Space had a DOSH issue, I would expect it to close a lot sooner.
    Exactly. If it was due to safety, it would be closed right now.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

•   
    • Minion

It's hard to believe either dates at this point. I highly doubt both attractiosn will be down during the holidays. As others said if it was a safety thing it would be closed already.

One thought though is if I were going to DLR in mid novemebr I wouldn't ride Space Mountain BTMRR Because they were closed and I wouldn't ride the Matterhorn cause I hate it now. Geez I couldn't tell you a trip like that since the 80s because I wasn't tall enough for Space mountain where I wouldn't go on one of those three attractions.

• Monorail Junkie

Are they maybe getting the building ready for the makeover they were talking about? Remember they said that Captain EO would be closing at the end of this year and that they would be working on the adjoining buildings for the Star Wars makeover.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Um, when they say Space Mountain will be closed, could they mean it will be "closed" and replaced with Ghost Galaxy? Kind of like Haunted Mansion is "closed" but Haunted Mansion Holiday is "open" in its place?

That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Johnny and Me!

The Ghost Galaxy overlay can be removed in a day. It will be gone by November 4, anyway.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Um, when they say Space Mountain will be closed, could they mean it will be "closed" and replaced with Ghost Galaxy? Kind of like Haunted Mansion is "closed" but Haunted Mansion Holiday is "open" in its place?
    There is one problem with your theory. Why would they have Ghost Galaxy running during the Christmas season?

• -

First of all, everytime a ride closes it isn't because of DOSH. Even if it was, it is not the agency that is enforcing the rules that is to blame. It is the company that is violating them.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I posted this in the other thread, but the Disney line is still saying BTMRR will open October 30th. Since it also has this closure, maybe BTMRR is on track for the October reopening. It seems hard to believe that they would take both of these major rides out for the busy holiday season. If BTMRR was going to run over, I doubt they would then close SM on top of it.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• I'm a Lutheran

Well, it could be something else, yesterday, the very moment before I departed from the loading area, the ride went down, the lights came on, and we had to be evacuated. Apparently there was a power surge somewhere in the park (we were also evacuated from Pinocchio) and that closed down numerous attractions. Or you never know, perhaps it could have had something to do with this sudden closure.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Former Churro Jockey

It's going to be closed over the very busy Christmas / New Year's season, so I'd say that's not a normal refurbishment. Either something is wearing out that need to be replaced ASAP and they're trying to keep Space Mountain going long enough for Big Thunder to come back, or there's a law or regulation that they need to comply with. If I'm not mistaken, most new law's come out on January 1st, so since Space Mountain is closing right before that, my guess would be there is a new law that Disney already knows Space Mountain doesn't comply with.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast