Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Monorail Junkie

Starbucks coming to Downtown Disney this Winter.

Starbucks Coming to Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort this Winter « Disney Parks Blog

Ive got some exciting news to share today Starbucks is coming to the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort!

This winter, Starbucks lovers will be happy to find their favorite brew offered in not one, but two locations the first, in front of the west entrance to World of Disney and the second, a kiosk location.
    We are proud to partner with Starbucks, a company that, like Disney, is known for providing its guests with an excellent experience, and we are excited to add Starbucks to the fantastic dining, shopping and retail experiences at the Downtown Disney District. Of course, these new locations join two Disneyland Resort cafes offering Starbucks products: Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe already open in Disney California Adventure park, andMarket House opening this September inside Disneyland park.

• Minion

Re: Starbucks coming to Downtown Disney this Winter.

Oh, great.

This news is anything but exciting.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Singing Drinker

Well. It can't be argued that Starbucks is not taking advantage of the opportunities being offered them. Four outlets within a quarter mile of each other - that's some impressive saturation.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

I would laugh if Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical and the Market House lose business now, since a lot of guests will probably get their coffee as soon as they get off the tram, rather than waiting until they get in the park.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    I would laugh if Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical and the Market House lose business now, since a lot of guests will probably get their coffee as soon as they get off the tram, rather than waiting until they get in the park.
    People want coffee, tea and refreshments all throughout the day so I don't see that happening. Also FF&P is also a multi service location, not just the Starbucks.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Special Agent

The lines in DCA have been so outrageous that I can see how they are being forced to increase capacity. If the lines stay that long they will need to open even more locations inside the parks.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    The lines in DCA have been so outrageous that I can see how they are being forced to increase capacity. If the lines stay that long they will need to open even more locations inside the parks.
    I assumed that would happen. I just don't understand why it wasn't like that from day 1. They can't build a normal sized Starbucks and expect it to handle the kinds of crowds that they will get at DCA, Disneyland, and now Downtown Disney. And unless they put it really close to the park entrance, it probably won't get very much of the theme park crowd at all. I have always thought that Downtown Disney needed the world's largest Starbuck's and the world's largest In N Out in order to handle the kinds of crowds I would expect them to see. I also wonder if there is a way that Disney maybe could build them so that they can be accessed from both outside in Downtown Disney as well as inside DCA just like the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• -

This is the best news of the day. I can't wait for them to all be open so I can get my caffeine fix wherever I am at Disneyland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Meh. Not offensive like the re-do of the Market House, but whatever. I can't get excited about SB. I'm glad they have coffee in the parks, but I don't need one every five feet.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• vintage disney love

not that exciting to me at all. in fact this will probably be the only time i ever drink starbucks, since i prefer dutch brothers and black rock coffee and neither will be close while at disneyland. i may actually go coffee free for my disney trips if it means having to get starbucks.

Haagen-Dazs serves Peet's Coffee & Tea. just sayin'

Better something than nothing.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Sock Puppet

Yay! I am hoping this will mean shorter lines at the in-park locations. If 3 Starbucks stores are in the resort, hopefully crows will better disperse.
    Last edited by Disneylandfan67; 08-15-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Typos

• The Disneyland Bro

I'm stoked as long as Starbucks is open early (like while we're waiting in line for Early Magic Morning). With no coffee places around it's pretty hard to get your caffeine on prior to that 7-8 am block!

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by monorail91 View Post
    I'm stoked as long as Starbucks is open early (like while we're waiting in line for Early Magic Morning). With no coffee places around it's pretty hard to get your caffeine on prior to that 7-8 am block!
    If they were really going for the kill there'd be a Starbucks ODV cart at the employee entrance for first shift.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast