Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    1845 Sugarcube Ln., Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    559

    Red Face Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    Title is basically self explanatory. In school, in my video production class, I knew way ahead of time that my class was going to do a slideshow presentation of pictures with accompanying music. I knew and decided then and there I wanted to do mine on Disneyland of course. The project hasn't started yet since we are still waiting for new equipment to ship in to replace our older ones, but that didn't stop me from doing tests on my own. At home on my Sony Vegas Pro, I started putting together audio files to get a basic idea of what I want my end product to sound like. The basic idea for my slideshow was that I wanted to cover as much land of Disneyland as I could whilst playing land-appropriate music, all the while remaining somewhere around the max. time mark. I tried to squeeze in as much as I could, and try to include both the old and the new all into one, and hopefully I achieved it.

    (Just a heads up; haven't added in the pictures yet because those are still being worked on)

    https://soundcloud.com/chrisbombon/s...w-project-test

    If you don't mind, I would just like to get your personal opinions on it, to see if there is anything I can improve upon that I didn't notice before. Thanks for the help guys, really appreciated!



    Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    106

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    I enjoyed listening to your sound track! Of course most of us here that hear it will know exactly where in the park you are, if you're going that "route". Are you limited to 3 minutes?

    This sounds like a project of love. That's a sign of a good teacher, one who allows you to do the project on something you really love!

    Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    los angeles, ca.
    Posts
    252

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    nicely done. definitely captured the essence of disneyland. can i ask the name of the first song that played right after the speech?

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    226

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    I really like the mix of everything, The one thing that I would change is walt's opening day speech, to the Disney mixed version of walt's opening day speech, they play during Remember.. Dreams come true! I feel like it would make for a bit more of a dramatic opening!

    I love the rest of the track though!! A+!

  5. #5

    • formerly very helpful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,848

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    Very nice. Obviously you are playing to the right audience, here. I'm wondering if you want to focus on extinct attractions, such as Rainbow Ridge Mine Train, or a more modern representation of Disneyland? I don't think there is one way that's better or worse, just personal taste.

    And of course, please share the completed assignment when it's done.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    82

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    This is great! Twos suggestions: I don't think the "Disneyland has closed" announcement is necessary at the end. Also the Big thunder/rainbow ridge segment felted a bit crowded. Too many sounds at one time.

    Can't wait to see the finished presentation!

  7. #7

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,104

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    Good stuff!

  8. #8

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,929
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    Very well done....I kinda want to download it just to listen to all the clips...lol

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    1845 Sugarcube Ln., Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    559

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by teacherlady19 View Post
    I enjoyed listening to your sound track! Of course most of us here that hear it will know exactly where in the park you are, if you're going that "route". Are you limited to 3 minutes?

    This sounds like a project of love. That's a sign of a good teacher, one who allows you to do the project on something you really love!

    Donna
    Yes, I am sadly limited to around a 3 minute mark.

    Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    nicely done. definitely captured the essence of disneyland. can i ask the name of the first song that played right after the speech?
    It's an instrumental version of 'Put on Your Sunday Clothes' from 'Hello Dolly!' that is played over the speakers of Main Street U.S.A.



    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    I really like the mix of everything, The one thing that I would change is walt's opening day speech, to the Disney mixed version of walt's opening day speech, they play during Remember.. Dreams come true! I feel like it would make for a bit more of a dramatic opening!

    I love the rest of the track though!! A+!
    Thanks. I did your suggestion with the 'Remember, Dreams Come True' version of the speech, but after hearing it, I decided to axe it. It sounded like I was playing my epic cards a little too early. The fireworks show has it better since they are able to stretch their emotions to around a 20 minute show with easy ups and downs but here I have no other choice but to stick it in the end because 3 minutes really limits me where I can place the really epic music. If I play it too early, it may make everything else a little dull compared to the opening. But thanks for the suggestion though.

    I however, did fit in another music track. It's from...oh man, I actually don't know. I'm not sure if it's a remake of another song, the intro of one of those Disneyland broadcasts on television, or an original score whose name I don't know. Here, I uploaded the audio clip on SoundCloud.

    https://soundcloud.com/chrisbombon/d...roduction-jack

    I used the opening intro and faded it down to background music and cut it off some time before Jack Wagner begins talking. Although I am not sure what musical piece that is, though. Any help on that, anyone? While it's not as epic as 'Remember', it does provide a little soothing background noise.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Very nice. Obviously you are playing to the right audience, here. I'm wondering if you want to focus on extinct attractions, such as Rainbow Ridge Mine Train, or a more modern representation of Disneyland? I don't think there is one way that's better or worse, just personal taste.

    And of course, please share the completed assignment when it's done.
    That was the ultimate question of mine, because both the teacher I am presenting this to and a select few of my classmates are die-hard Disney fans (In fact all 3 went to D23...something I wish I went to). The others either like Disney but without a passion or don't have any feelings one way or the other. I settled on a compromise, trying to include both extinct and current audio tracks. For one thing, for the slideshow project I wanted to take all the pictures myself, and I could only take pictures from current Disneyland, meaning if it's not there right now right at this second, the picture cannot be in there, so having a bunch of extinct attraction audio tracks without their proper corresponding pictures may be confusing to those who don't follow Disneyland at all. Secondly, they are there to sort of bridge the gap between the fans and those who passively like the parks. It will have the land-specific audio from some extinct attractions while the visuals would correspond to the Disneyland my class has grown up with (Late 90's/New Mellenia) so that they can think "Oh, that's Disneyland for sure. I don't recognize the music, but the pictures are from Disneyland." And yes, I will post the video here to show you guys when it's finished as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by JackMiller341 View Post
    This is great! Twos suggestions: I don't think the "Disneyland has closed" announcement is necessary at the end. Also the Big thunder/rainbow ridge segment felted a bit crowded. Too many sounds at one time.

    Can't wait to see the finished presentation!
    For the Frontierland segment, I took your suggestion in a way. I wanted to keep both the Rainbow Ridge music, Mine Train audio, and sound clip of the Big Thunder Railroad whistle, so I lowered the audio down on the whistle and Mine Train so that it's not too clustered. I however want to keep the 'Disneyland has Closed' announcement. Something about that humors me. After such an epic ending, we have this very monotone and downer audio clip at the end that. In fact, it sort of coincides with the actual closing of Disneyland every day if you think about it too hard. You have such an awesome day and probably ended the day epicly, and then this announcement tells you Disneyland has closed for the day, even though you wish it would keep on going. Thanks for the suggestions, however, and one of them did prove to be quite helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Good stuff!
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Very well done....I kinda want to download it just to listen to all the clips...lol
    Funny you should say that, because most, if not all, of my audio came from this website, DisneyChris.com It's a compilation of as much Disneyland music from opening day to in park audio, to even television broadcasts and vinyl records. If you want your Disneyland audio fix, I suggest this website every time when you're on the internet for everyone to listen to. If you want a physical copy, I know for a fact a lot of audio from the website came from Disneyland's 50th anniversary CD set, A Musical History of Disneyland. While it doesn't contain EVERYTHING from the DisneyChris website, it is currently the biggest official CD by both the Disney Company and biggest official Disneyland Audio Collection to date. It's being sold on Amazon right now, but in limited quantities seeing it has been out of print since 2005, and prices aren't cheap ranging from $125 to around $600.




    Thanks for the replies guys. It really does mean a lot to me, especially since some of them have helped me improve the audio after tweaking with the raw file. I absolutely can't wait for the finished product to come out and have everyone view it.



    Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

  10. #10

    • Element of Laughter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sugarcube Corner, Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    208

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    While I listened to that, I was able to visualize exactly where in the park I would have heard each clip. . . good job. . .
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

  11. #11

    • Tom Chaney R.I. P.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Just somewhere south of dysfunctional
    Posts
    3,211

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    If you don't mind, I would just like to get your personal opinions on it, to see if there is anything I can improve upon that I didn't notice before. Thanks for the help guys, really appreciated!
    One thing i noticed is that there could be a problem with using the music for a public presentation. You could be breaking copyright laws in doing this. I work at a college and i am the copyright compliance person. The thing I see is that you are using something (the music) that you do not have permission to use in the manner you want to use it.

    If someone came to me and asked my if this was OK to do, My answer would be I don't think so.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE





    PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    212

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    i am totally with you, me being in high school i do everything and anything on Disneyland to projects to journals, even my English teacher laughs and writes me feedback saying how i always make a connection with our objectives to Disneyland!

    but your track is great i love it!! A++++++ from me, because i totally understand
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME șoș
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    106

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    I'm not sure I would worry about this presentation and the copyright laws. You are doing an educational project on a topic you love, and your only audience will be those in the class. Though I am not a lawyer, I am pretty versed on copyright and licensing (I have to be because of the topic I teach), and there's enough flexibility in the law to allow you to do this project. Your clips are all less than 30 seconds in length, the photos belong to you (or you may have borrowed some from someone else WITH PERMISSION), you're not planning to show this to more than your class or sell it. It's not like you're showing a Disney movie to the entire class just for fun and therefore making Disney lose money (lack of DVD rental or purchase profits). YOU are learning something from this, and keeping within the educational copyright laws. My opinion, anyway, FWIW.

    BTW, "Put on Your Sunday Clothes" was used by Disney-Pixar in the movie WALL-E, as the clip of the video tape that Wall-E kept watching. Originally, it was from HELLO DOLLY.

    Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

  14. #14

    • Disney Obsessed
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    417

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    can the end of fantasmic segment have the closing time overlap it... and then hear mickey say "some imagination huh?" as your final piece? I dunno if that would work for you- but it would give your ending a big finale... because the awesome ending of the show then the pause then the quiet of the closing speech makes it less epic. but overall I LOVE it.

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    1845 Sugarcube Ln., Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    559

    Re: Can I Get Your Opinions on a School Project I Did Based Around Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post
    One thing i noticed is that there could be a problem with using the music for a public presentation. You could be breaking copyright laws in doing this. I work at a college and i am the copyright compliance person. The thing I see is that you are using something (the music) that you do not have permission to use in the manner you want to use it.

    If someone came to me and asked my if this was OK to do, My answer would be I don't think so.
    I shouldn't worry about that to much since I should be falling under fair use of their music and properly crediting them in the end credits. Thanks for putting out the concern though.

    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLizz View Post
    i am totally with you, me being in high school i do everything and anything on Disneyland to projects to journals, even my English teacher laughs and writes me feedback saying how i always make a connection with our objectives to Disneyland!

    but your track is great i love it!! A++++++ from me, because i totally understand
    Thanks! Glad you liked it!

    Quote Originally Posted by teacherlady19 View Post
    I'm not sure I would worry about this presentation and the copyright laws. You are doing an educational project on a topic you love, and your only audience will be those in the class. Though I am not a lawyer, I am pretty versed on copyright and licensing (I have to be because of the topic I teach), and there's enough flexibility in the law to allow you to do this project. Your clips are all less than 30 seconds in length, the photos belong to you (or you may have borrowed some from someone else WITH PERMISSION), you're not planning to show this to more than your class or sell it. It's not like you're showing a Disney movie to the entire class just for fun and therefore making Disney lose money (lack of DVD rental or purchase profits). YOU are learning something from this, and keeping within the educational copyright laws. My opinion, anyway, FWIW.

    BTW, "Put on Your Sunday Clothes" was used by Disney-Pixar in the movie WALL-E, as the clip of the video tape that Wall-E kept watching. Originally, it was from HELLO DOLLY.

    Donna
    True that. I don't plan to make any profits off of this or in the future whats so ever. Plus all the pictures in the slideshow will be done by me when I go to the parks to take them.

    Yes, and it's kind of funny how it worked that way. I used to go to the parks a lot beck then and I kept on wondering what that tune was whenever it played on the speakers. I watched Wall-E and noted that opening song was oddly familiar, so I searched up the movie and watched the entirety of 'Hello Dolly!'. After that and going back to the parks, I finally realized that they were playing 'Put on Your Sunday Clothes' from "Hello Dolly!' all this time, although I must admit it sounds like a reorchestrated version as the one playing in the parks sounds like no other 'Put on Your Sunday Clothes' I've heard of.

    Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    can the end of fantasmic segment have the closing time overlap it... and then hear mickey say "some imagination huh?" as your final piece? I dunno if that would work for you- but it would give your ending a big finale... because the awesome ending of the show then the pause then the quiet of the closing speech makes it less epic. but overall I LOVE it.
    I tried that out but it became very crowded with both the closing announcement and Mickey Mouse. If you listen back to the 'Fantasmic' segment, you'll notice a very obvious transition around halfway into the segment where the music gets really hyped up and epic. In that segment, using a lot of quick edits, I plan to just shove just about every other picture I took that could not fit into the previous segments in there. Like with every brass and string sound, the picture would change to the next in a second. It will look cool whilst giving me an opportunity to not waste any pictures. Thanks for the suggestion though!

    BTW for anyone who doesn't really like the ending announcement, it may or may not go into the final cut. All depends on my thought process during the actual editing in of photos.



    Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can Anyone Get me Into Club 33? Pretty Please?!
    By ryborg in forum Community Outpost
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:18 PM
  2. May 5th - How Early Can We Get There?
    By Disneyphile in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 09:08 AM
  3. Can we get Screamin' up to capacity please?
    By DisneyMickey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-02-2005, 12:47 AM
  4. I CAN'T GET EXCITED...about May 5, 2005
    By Circarama in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-27-2005, 09:52 PM
  5. Help! I can't Get in To the portal
    By Old_School_Goofy in forum Break Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 11:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •