Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Radiator Springs Racers Screeching Halt

That doesn't change much - one more time - where is the word "officially out"?

I hope to goodness that it's only for that week. I have a trip planned in December and with BTMR still down, and possible SM it's bumming us out. Now if RSR is going to be down that long? It's going to be such a waste of our money and time. I really hope it's not a long closure and just a short one for RSR.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by socalfun View Post
    That doesn't change much - one more time - where is the word "officially out"?
    We'd told you in previous MiceAge updates that the new "fall protection" standards that TDA is imposing on itself at Disneyland Resort would likely delay the long Big Thunder Mountain refurbishment, and now the word is officially out. Big Thunder Mountain will miss its original October re-opening date and is now slated to remain closed until February 15th, 2014 due to re-engineering access paths to meet TDA's new fall protection standards. Radiator Springs Racers is also slated for a refurbishment the third week of September, but that hasn't shown up on the public calendars yet. Folks heading to Anaheim the third week in September shouldn't plan on Racers being open, with a public admission from Disney on that planned for next week.
    Emphasis mine. It's not "officially out" yet - the post represents rumor/inside sources, as most of the news here is.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    It's not. RSR is not facing an extended closure; Big Thunder Mountain is. Please re-read the post.
    Other than the first post in the thread, New opening date for Thunder Mountain. , where has the official announcement of the extended BTMRR closure come from. Unless I missed it, the new In The Parks just said word is officially out yet never source it.

In fact, in that same thread, another post says the CM daily notes relist the date back to 10/31/13. New opening date for Thunder Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    For what it's worth, the daily notes for tomorrow once again list Thunder Mountain reopening on Oct 31.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Disneyland Nut

Thanks for this update, Dusty!

I'm heading over there on Sunday, but I doubt I'll ever get on RSR. I've only been once and I swear, it's never worth the wait (and wait and wait).

As for BTM, I'm really sad to hear that it'll be closed till 2014. I didn't get to ride it before the refurb because I was preggers and had hoped to get on it in the fall. But, you do what you gotta do and I hope now it'll be even safer for all the patrons.

Out of all the attractions, this one is the one I'd like to see as one of the top 5 safest. We've had a death/injuries on it before, so it's good to have it up to snuf.

Thank you for always providing the goods!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Emphasis mine. It's not "officially out" yet - the post represents rumor/inside sources, as most of the news here is.
    Emphasis mine - read the OP again - "officially out" is well, what those two words mean. I didn't put them out there.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Close it for maybe 2 weeks.....then wait until January to close it down for over 2 weeks because thats off season and we already have 2 other E tickets closing down

• Goofy

wow talk about bad timing

I really hope that this is inaccurate. We're heading down that week. DCA already has Toy Story Midway Mania closed that week for Refurbishment with Tower of Terror running at partial capacity. It looks like they really want to drive people away from visiting DCA that week with 2 of the most popular attractions being closed and a 3rd not at full capacity.

• Closed Account

Darn! Hopefully the refurbishments won't last too long!

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by MsMandy View Post
    Thanks for this update, Dusty!

I'm heading over there on Sunday, but I doubt I'll ever get on RSR. I've only been once and I swear, it's never worth the wait (and wait and wait).
    I agree it's not worth the wait. We rode it once last year ( August ) and we didn't have any desire to ride it again. It was nice, but I think it was so over sensationalized, that i think it became kinda disappointing. Not that it's a bad ride, it just got more dazzle thrown into the description of the ride than it should have.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I believe that the RSR closure is related to mechanical issues and not directly related to the safety issues in Disneyland.

We just wanted folks to know that two major attractions would be down so they can plan their vacations appropriately this Fall.
    In the Screeching Halt news, on MA, it made it sound like RSR was going down for refurb due to safety issues. It did not say it was for mechanical issues.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by ProvoAggie View Post
    I really hope that this is inaccurate. We're heading down that week. DCA already has Toy Story Midway Mania closed that week for Refurbishment with Tower of Terror running at partial capacity. It looks like they really want to drive people away from visiting DCA that week with 2 of the most popular attractions being closed and a 3rd not at full capacity.
    Which is interesting because
    I swore I read in one of the Mice Chat articles that Disney was going to try to
    see how well DCA could hold it's own, so in September they are going to close Disneyland earlier than DCA. If all this is going down in September... I think closing D-land early should be reconsidered (not that I plan to be in the parks in Sept/Oct. ... trying for Dec before Christmas becomes a separated ticketed event).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Mrs. J. Depp

I honestly wish they'd focus more on ADA accessibility than potential safety hazards.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I honestly wish they'd focus more on ADA accessibility than potential safety hazards.
    RSR is 100% ADA accessible.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast