Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Radiator Springs Racers Screeching Halt

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    So can someone lay all this out in one post so BTMt has been pushed from Oct to Feb 15. Space is going down after Halloween and now RSR is going down starting the week of Sep 15 until when? I think I got that right. So 3 out of 10 E tickets are down starting Oct 3. Wow...
    RSR is supposed to be closed only for the third week of September.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    The "Behind the Walls" video shows a widened exit platform with what appears to be a wheelchair waiting area. Since BTM loads from two platforms, one train can remain stopped for assisted loading for as long as necessary while the other side loads normally.
    If that's the case, that is great news!! I'm excited to see the finished product.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mellywil View Post
    Awesome. We have been planning this trip for a year and are travelling halfway around the world so our boys can see Carsland and now it looks like the main attraction is going to be down for most of our stay. Added to Toy Story, which is another big hit with our boys, and things aren't looking as rosy. I understand they need to refurb rides, but giving less than a months' notice on such a HUGE attraction and drawcard? Not cool
    Well, Racers STILL isn't listed on any official refurb list. Only Micechat. Will have to wait and see.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Discussion for the Editors Note we just posted to our front page about Radiator Springs Racers and Big Thunder Mountain:
    I am freaking out! My family and I have never been to DL and have planned a family trip there just because our son is crazy into Cars! We are flying out all the way from SC....If RSR is closed...I feel like that ruins our trip! We are arriving Sun Sept 15 - leaving early Fri Sept 20....the exact week you are saying its closed. What to do? Is this really for sure? I know Disney doesnt post official stuff until days before.....help!

Quote Originally Posted by Moodymama View Post
    I am freaking out! My family and I have never been to DL and have planned a family trip there just because our son is crazy into Cars! We are flying out all the way from SC....If RSR is closed...I feel like that ruins our trip! We are arriving Sun Sept 15 - leaving early Fri Sept 20....the exact week you are saying its closed. What to do? Is this really for sure? I know Disney doesnt post official stuff until days before.....help!
    It's still not listed on Disneyland's website. Right now they are only officially showing that Toy Story Mania is closed that week (it reopens on September 20). We'll be there that week as well and I too am hoping that this is just a rumor. Disney typically posts ride closures further in advance than this.

My family and I are coming to Disneyland on the 22nd till the 25th or 26th and we were wondering if RSR would be closed during that time we are there?

Hopefully someone hasn't already said this, but aren't we the same people that complain that the Yeti doesn't work and they should just close the ride down and fix it already?

Can we get a Disco Mater too? : )

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Roman View Post
    Hopefully someone hasn't already said this, but aren't we the same people that complain that the Yeti doesn't work and they should just close the ride down and fix it already?
    Yes...but it also needs to be reasonable. The 3rd week of September is the first week of the Halloween celebration which will most likely increase part attendance. They've already announced that Toy Story Midway Mania is going to be closed that week and the Tower of Terror is running at partial capacity. For a week where attendance is already supposed to be higher, it doesn't make sense to close down yet anohter E-Ticket ride in an already somewhat weak California Adventure park. There isn't much left there to do. I also think that with a ride as new as Radiator Springs Racers that they are advertising so heavily as a reason to come to the park, they need to give a bit more warning than this.

I have my trip planned for September 30-Oct 2nd so I suppose I am just going to have to keep my fingers crossed. This is my 6yr old daughter's first time to Disney and I think RSR is one she would really enjoy, but really, as long as Marada will be out in the park at least 1 of those days, her life will be made.

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

Has anyone seen this on an official refurb schedule yet? I keep checking the Disneyland site and don't see it there, is there another place that information would be released?

Oh no... we have had a huge trip planned for ages now and will be there from Sep 22-26. We went last year and are going back specifically because I was so upset my son couldn't ride RSR yet and I just could not let it go. If it's closed when we go I am just going to be beside myself.

Ok...so...is this happening? , or has Mice Chat subjected those of us who have spent thousands of dollars in unrefundable travel worry for nothing?

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    I have my trip planned for September 30-Oct 2nd so I suppose I am just going to have to keep my fingers crossed. This is my 6yr old daughter's first time to Disney and I think RSR is one she would really enjoy, but really, as long as Marada will be out in the park at least 1 of those days, her life will be made.
    Merida is always out at her specific Meet and Greet spot just before It's a Small World. Make sure your daughter says hello to Merida's brothers too. Little rascals...
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Vidia's Minion

First world problems

• Iron-Clad Allie

Glad that Disney is budgeting in a safety refurb for both Radiator Springs Racers and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. These proactive measures should ensure additional protection against accidents for guests, plus keep Cal-OSHA off the company's heals. Also, I feel fortunate that I am not planning a resort visit during the downtime of either ride.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast