Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: The New Mara Voice

If it were between keeping the old voice with no new mapping effects or having what we have now, I would choose the old voice without hesitation. This sounds completely horrible and I'm embarrassed for whoever gave it the green light.
    Learn How To Lose Fat Without Dieting Ever Again! --> http://www.theantidietsecrets.com

Well luckily this should be a quick and easy fix, right? Unlike something like...let's say...Jack Sparrow Animatronics on Pirates of the Caribbean. Jack figures were costly to make and advertised heavily, making the possibility of change difficult. Here we just have some new effects and audio that had very little, if not any at all, advertisement. Audio tracks should be easy to rerecord and implement as soon as possible once they find the right voice actor.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Greetings, Program!

I can find no definitive proof anywhere that Mara is voiced by James Earl Jones. Anyone who believes so have any source links?
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    I can find no definitive proof anywhere that Mara is voiced by James Earl Jones. Anyone who believes so have any source links?
    I thought it was. I thought I had read that on this website. If I am wrong, then my theory is hogwash. Sorry.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by sucho23 View Post
    I think the new voice is the the African American girlfriend of Ross from Friends. I want to say it is Aisha Tyler.
    It could very well be. She's been shining in the nerd circuit as of late and it does sound like her, if she was really over-acting the part at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Cast Members are informed of this during their OJT by the certified trainer. I believe it's when they're doing their first track-walk. That's why most if not all CMs can tell you right away that Mara's voice "was" JEJ.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Splash On In

I always believed it was the voice of Tony Jay, the actor who gave his voice to Frollo in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WickedScorp View Post
    I always believed it was the voice of Tony Jay, the actor who gave his voice to Frollo in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
    No, Mara's not nearly British sounding enough.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• I'm a Lutheran

Well, I'm not entirely sure it's Tony Jay, nor am I entirely sure it's James Earl Jones. Yes, it is a deep voice, but it really doesn't sound like him...I mean, the purpose of voice acting is to make you sound different from your normal self, but even then, you can always tell when it's Jones.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Here's a link to an article in Variety from back when the ride first opened, and it says it's James Earl Jones:

Indiana Jones Adventure | Variety

There are a lot of other references, too, if you Google around, but I doubt Variety got it wrong during the ride opening. IMDB doesn't list it, but they don't list NPH doing Screamin', either, so they apparently don't count theme park attractions.

I like the eyes but I dislike the voice. If some deity is gunna kill me, it better have an intimidating voice.
    if ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirate's curse, proceed.

Did JEJ possibly sign a limited use agreement with Disney for the use of his voice for a certain period of time?
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    Did JEJ possibly sign a limited use agreement with Disney for the use of his voice for a certain period of time?
    The way that I think Eisner was, he would've probably nixed such a deal and went with a different actor instead.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

•   
    • MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
    If it were between keeping the old voice with no new mapping effects or having what we have now, I would choose the old voice without hesitation. This sounds completely horrible and I'm embarrassed for whoever gave it the green light.
    100% Agree, the new effects are not worth living with this new voice. I wish they had never chosen to "upgrade" it in the first place.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    100% Agree, the new effects are not worth living with this new voice. I wish they had never chosen to "upgrade" it in the first place.

After seeing the new effects in person Sunday, I disagree.

The new lighting effects are excellent and they really help drive home the rides storyline. If having the new effects means sacrificing the old voice, I'd make that trade everyday.

Also, the ride has never looked better! Everything was working on my two rides. Fire, Bolder, Doors, everything!

Aside from the new voice, I was impressed! They took a part of the ride that has always left me underwhelmed, and turned it into a part I look forward to every ride now! Great job Disney!

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    After seeing the new effects in person Sunday, I disagree.

The new lighting effects are excellent and they really help drive home the rides storyline. If having the new effects means sacrificing the old voice, I'd make that trade everyday.

Also, the ride has never looked better! Everything was working on my two rides. Fire, Bolder, Doors, everything!

Aside from the new voice, I was impressed! They took a part of the ride that has always left me underwhelmed, and turned it into a part I look forward to every ride now! Great job Disney!
    I also experienced it in person yesterday and I totally agree that the new effect is a wow. The voice did not bother me as much as I thought it would, but it is not as good as the old voice. Like you said, the ride is in great condition now.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 4.6.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 14

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast