Disneyland Attractions Position help needed!

Hi there! I really want to work attractions in Disneyland. I have been checking almost every day this summer for an attractions position to be posted on the Disney Careers website. So far, on the days I checked, nothing was on the site. Then a position was posted on August 14th, but was gone by the 16th. I was out of town when I saw the post and didn't have access to my resume or my important work history information so I had to wait. When I got home and logged on to apply on the 16th, it was already off the site.

I am a local, and I have almost full availability, excluding the day and half I have of class time. Half my classes are online this semester. I will be close and I have a ton of available time now, so I know this is my chance to finally try and work at Disneyland.

I am very willing to work other positions, but I don't think I really qualify for them as much as I would for attractions.

My question is... should I just wait for an attractions position to come up again, should I apply for something different and hope to get either hired or wait listed for attractions, or should I go to the casting center itself and ask to apply there? And If I do go to the casting center, am I restricted to only the specific positions posted on the disney careers site, or can I submit a general application?

I've checked on and off for the past year, and started seriously checking at least once a week-twice a day in May. I have waited this long for a position to be posted, and I'm willing to wait again, but if there's another way to get hired into attractions, I'm all ears!

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Chrissylee; 08-17-2013 at 10:17 PM.

• Former DLR Cast Member

Re: Disneyland Attractions Position help needed!

When I was hired into attractions back in 2010, I had been applying regularly every 6 months for 2 years.

On the last application submission, I was contacted just a few days after submitting the application. Attractions wasn't listed as looking for people at the time, but it seemed I slipped into a sudden hiring spree.

I say apply. They may be looking for people to replace some of the staffing they will lose as the peek help leaves, those Casual Temporary positions that around for the holidays/vacation periods.

I obviously can not guarantee the same results... but...

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
    "
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere"

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissylee View Post
    I am very willing to work other positions, but I don't think I really qualify for them as much as I would for attractions.

My question is... should I just wait for an attractions position to come up again, should I apply for something different and hope to get either hired or wait listed for attractions, or should I go to the casting center itself and ask to apply there? And If I do go to the casting center, am I restricted to only the specific positions posted on the disney careers site, or can I submit a general application?
    I am certain that there are many entry level positions which you may qualify for. My advise would be to apply for any position available and get your foot in the door.

•   
    • Minion

Good luck!

One caveat: if you want to apply to work at Disney or you get a job there please be super careful about what you post on this or any other board. Disney does monitor the boards and other social media and any identifying details you post can unfortunately work against you with HR. Anything like your real first name or where you go to school make it very easy for Disney's HR to identify you.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerAtHeart View Post

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
    "
    I love this quote! and good point about the Casual Temporary positions. It's all about the timing, right?! And it's great how persistent you were, 2 years! Thanks for the advice!

Thanks, USS Seawolf, I think I'm going to apply next week, once some fresh positions have been posted after the weekend.

Thank you Malina! Oh, I didn't think of that. This is my first post to Micechat, so hopefully I haven't said anything that could hurt my qualification for a job. But I will definitely keep that in mind.

And if you get hired you can always transfer! But if you really want to apply for attractions, you could always wait a few months and apply. They will definitely be hiring before the winter season starts since a lot of people leave after the summer. And if you get hired and have a choice where to go, choose Adventureland/Frontierland .

Quote Originally Posted by brandond6 View Post
    And if you get hired you can always transfer! But if you really want to apply for attractions, you could always wait a few months and apply. They will definitely be hiring before the winter season starts since a lot of people leave after the summer. And if you get hired and have a choice where to go, choose Adventureland/Frontierland .
    Thanks Brandond6! That's exactly the area I had in mind! That, or New Orleans Square/ Critter Country.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissylee View Post
    Thanks, USS Seawolf, I think I'm going to apply next week, once some fresh positions have been posted after the weekend..
    Best of luck to you!

Great question. All the options you have listed seem like great ideas. You can get another job and move within the company once you are hired. After you're hired and an attractions position shows up, you can request a transfer. You could also show up to casting, but I'm unsure how they would react. The worst that can happen is that they tell you "No", but it does show them how interested you truly are since you took the time and effort to show up in person.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003