Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Blew By You

Question So, how is the Fantasy Faire?

I haven't been through the new princess area yet. I'd like to read some opinions.
    Thank you in advance.

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: So, how is the Fantasy Faire?

Been wondering this myself. No kidlets to take. Wondering if it's worth a look-in for adults.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

There was a lot of hype about it when it first opened. Now, I don't hear a peep about it, not even on these boards. Makes me think it's not such a hit as some people made it out to be when it first opened up.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    There was a lot of hype about it when it first opened. Now, I don't hear a peep about it, not even on these boards. Makes me think it's not such a hit as some people made it out to be when it first opened up.
    It's just a meet and greet, it was never supposed to be a headline attraction.

they do the tangled and beauty and the beast story telling show, and i really would sit in for that!
    i haven't gotten around to it in my last few trips in the last month because i have just made evening trips and they stop doing showings after a certain time. but i will fersure go sit in for that!
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME șoș
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Area is nicely detailed visually, but very small. Construction quality is good, but unless you're there specifically to queue up to meet the princesses or wish to view one of the shows, there's nothing to 'do' and not much space to just hang out - so it's a place many people just walk through to get to Frontierland.

• Science Factual

Alternate route for NOS via Frontierland, with bathrooms, if you're trying to avoid going through SBC or Adventureland.

Couple weeks back there was a Big Band in there, real late at night. There musta been close to 30 older, well dressed couples in there CoupleDancing. And I checked, it wasn't a private event. I dont dance tho.

Keep it classy DL.

saw it for the first time last week, thought it was nicely done. lots of details for such a small area; it was pretty empty in the morning so i was able to take them in fairly quickly. can't comment on the meet & greet or show. the pink canopy didn't bother me from the hub as much as i thought it would, or at least i didn't really notice or think about it so that was good.

worth a look if you've never seen it, but probably won't set foot in there again unless i'm passing through to frontierland.

• #bringevilback

The two shows are cute, even with no kids, but do get there. Half an hour before show time if you want to sit insid the theater. The meet and greet is fine, but I only go when I have kids with me, but if you like character meets, go for it!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MyFriendtheAtom View Post
    Alternate route for NOS via Frontierland, with bathrooms, if you're trying to avoid going through SBC or Adventureland.

Couple weeks back there was a Big Band in there, real late at night. There musta been close to 30 older, well dressed couples in there CoupleDancing. And I checked, it wasn't a private event. I dont dance tho.

Keep it classy DL.
    They've been doing it weekends during summer. I can't remember when it ends, but it was more than just a one night engagement!

• The doctor is in

I walked through it in May and I wasn't there too long. The line for the princesses was over an hour wait and there wasn't much else to do. I pretty much just walked through to see what it looked like and then turned right back around.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

•   
    • Minion

Visually it's a beautiful area IMHO - the medieval village theme is really well done. I've absolutely zero interest in meeting the princesses so I can't say anything about the meet and greet, but I've caught some of the live shows, and they're cute and entertaining. You're not going to spend an hour there but it's a really nice place to walk around.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Ducksketeer

In my opinion it is rather cheesy. I miss the Carnation Plaza Gardens. Never understood why this Fantasy Faire could not have been placed in the Festival of fools area?

The area is much smaller than I thought it would be. I thought it would stick out like a sore thumb as you came down Main St. It's barely noticeable at all. Unless you want to see the little stage show or wait for a princess meet and greet, walk in, take a few picture to prove you were there, and move on. (Still provides a shortcut to the Rancho del Zocalo restaurant which is kind of.....weird)
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Minion

The meet and greet is actually quite nice. Line length will vary greatly depending on what else is happening: people in the area flock to the show, leaving the M&G line at 20 minutes or less. Keep an eye out for it (or hang around the perimeter of the show to watch it and slide in line immediately after) to drop to a 15 minute wait or so. There are two sides within the castle to meet princesses, so things move relatively quickly.

The princesses are as charming and graceful as ever. Don't be afraid to start chatting it up because they are more than just a simple greeting and snapshot. One of the concerns was that you might overhear conversation on the "other side" because of the way the room is, but if you're concentrating on the princess right in front of you, it's easy to dismiss any other conversation as chatter in the next or previous room.

I was the only person in my party who really wanted to visit the princesses when I went with some friends. I was able to talk them into going, despite their hesitance. Once we were done with the meet and greet, one of my friends told me that it was actually fun and enjoyable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast