Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Star Tours -- same combinations every time

So I'm sure that by random chance many people end up getting the same scenes when they go on Star Tours just like many people don't, but I've been on Star Tours somewhere between 20 - 30 times now since they updated it, and I have been stuck on the same exact three scenes lately.

Stormtroopers Only - Pod Race - Boba Fett / Death Star

Now for the first one, I have gotten the stormtroopers only every single time except once. In fact, I didn't even know that there was an alternate scene with Darth Vader for quite a long time. I've seen a few of the alternate scenes for the second part, but I'd say I've gotten the pod race 2/3rds of the time. The last scene does seem to be the one where I get the most variety. I've seen the Boba Fett / Death Star one more often, but I've also gotten the Naboo scene a number of times as well.

Other scenes I've gotten:
    Darth Vader (once)
    Wookie Planet (maybe twice)
    Hoth (I think only once)

Those are the ones that I remember. I don't think I've ever gotten the one with Coruscant, and I'm assuming there would e one with Endor as well, which I've also never gotten.

So I was thinking it might be fun to have everyone list any scenes that they always seem to get every time, and see just how different and random the different scenes really are.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

•   

Re: Star Tours -- same combinations every time

I have had good luck with getting a variety on the first scene - sometimes storm troopers, sometimes Dart and I think we had Yoda once?

But the second scene is always pod races. I went on it about 9 or 10 times between my last two trips and every time but one we got the pod races.

The last varies a little, but usually either Death Star or Naboo.

I don't think they're as "random" as Disney claims.

• ~

Well, I haven't been on Stars Tours: The Adventure Continue for a good year now, but I rode it plenty of times before I let my pass expire and got this combination more than a few times:

-Darth Vader, which is fine because I find it way more exciting than the beginning with just the Stormtroopers, which I think I've only gotten two times.
    -The Podrace. I think there's only been three times that I haven't gotten this (two on Hoth and only one on Kashyyyk) and, unlike the Darth Vader opening, I really don't like this segment and think it's the weakest of the three options, so I'm actually rather sick of getting it.
    -Princess Leia is normally the character that I get for the transmission, but I've gotten the others several times each, so I'd say that this is probably the segment that's been the most-balanced throughout all my ride experiences.
    -Naboo is generally seems to be the last scene I get, and though I've experienced it quite a few times, I'm still quite found of it since I really like how it utilizes 3D and the motion capabilities of the vehicle (mainly due to the part when the giant sea creature tries to eat the Starspeeder, that never gets old for me ).

I haven't ridden it since May but I got a huge variety throughout the year. The first segment I would say has been equal between storm troopers and Vader, the second and third segments are also varied without one standing out, although Kashyyk is my least favorite, and the final one seems to be mostly Naboo, which is just fine since I LOVE the ending...everyone always gasps!

I started a poll recently asking if anyone had gotten their "perfect" sequence of four and, surprisingly, 70% had. Here it is:

Have you had your "perfect" Star Tours II Sequence?
    (The poll is closed now.)

That being said, it took about ten tries before I got the Darth Vader opening for the first time, and many more rides before my "perfect" sequence (Vader/Hoth/Leia/Death Star). The rest of the sequences seemed to occur fairly "randomly" to me, though.

Funny about randomness; in a computer you have to try really hard to get truly random numbers so I'm guessing the ride is "pseudo-random" but probably good enough for its purposes.

RANDOM.ORG - Introduction to Randomness and Random Numbers

• The doctor is in

I've been on the same exact trip about 4 times now. I start off going to Hoth, then am rerouted to Tatooine into a pod race, and then am greeted by Gungans and sent through the planet core and when I land at the rebel base I crash into another speeder that goes through the windshield. No Darth Vader intro with the hologram from Princess Leia.

No joke. That exact trip 4 times.
    The advertising tool they used of never visiting the same destination twice is a complete crock.

• Minion

I'm one more who almost always gets pod racing. I'm so tired of it.

• Singing Drinker

I've been on it twice. Both times were Pod Racing. I thought it was a mandatory element after talking with friends who go on it more frequently.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

• No Disassemble!

While it's my favorite, I've gotten the Boba Fett/Death Star ending 9 out of the past 10 times I've ridden. I'm starting to miss the other ones now.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

I have been on Star Tours roughly 5 times now and I have gotten the same sequance every tiem, to the point where I'm kinda irked by it and have considered not riding it again.

• Former Churro Jockey

So I went on it last night, and sure enough, I got the darn pod racing scene. Last night it was:

Stormtroopers Only - Pod Racing - Naboo
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Discovery Mountaineer

Almost every time i get stormtroopers, kashyyk, ackbar, then corascant

• -

I find that I usually get a pretty random mix. Although, if I had to really evaluate it, I would say that I probably get Geonosis/Death Star more than others and Naboo the least of all.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   

I think those of us who get one sequence all the time should pair up and go on the ride with someone else who gets a different sequence. That way it would be different for one of us.

• -

I can see threads like this in the future popping up for Indy such as, "Which face of Mara do you get the most?”.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast