Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: None of the Marvel characters fit into Fantasyland. They're from a totally different universe.

ORWEN: They sure are. I can't see Princess Aurora or Alice EVER getting to know any of those Marvel creatures. Let Marvel get its own park and leave the true Disney characters alone!
    It;s Fantasy land.....anything is possible form a world at peace, princesses, to a snow monster trying to eat you...to a man with a hammer that calls lightening

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator621 View Post
    A secret of my own.....Thor is now made by Disney as well. (Fair enough on TSI ,was thinking of the Sherman Bros take on Tom Sawyer but Davy Crockett Canoes was clearly named to reference the TV show, coonskin cap and all.)
    Regardless, I think you missed the point of the sarcasm--to critique this move solely on the basis of movie branding is ironic given that even Sleeping Beauty Castle was named so to help promote the movie.
    None of the Marvel films are being made by the Studio. They just have the Disney logo at the front. Marvel films are produced by Marvel Ent. Disney just takes the money.......

• Heavy Breather

Loki or no deal.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

• New Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Loki or no deal.
    Yes!!!!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

Here is one thing to remember Marvel is owned by Disney. Means they can use them in the park with no issues as far as I am concerned. If we were only limited to what Walt made we would have a stale park IMO. The mix between the properties I believe is very good. And recent editions by Disney world wide are well themed so why would they make something totally lame for Thor?

Marvel characters have lots of back storys that lend themselves to lots of theme. I can't imagine why anyone would be against them existing in the Disney park. The placement of Thor I believe could be in Innoventions where they have the Stark exhibit. They could even leave the theme. He could be visiting Stark's house or whatever they want. Thor can pretty much exist anywhere as he comes from another realm and visits earth and last time I checked Disneyland is on earth. Am I the only one who thinks that it's ok to have Marvel characters here? I don't get the hostility towards the Disney property. I am sure Thor will be a great hit for kids of all ages I can't wat to see him!

• Heavy Breather

I think it's ok to have Marvel in Disneyland, as long as it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    None of the Marvel films are being made by the Studio. They just have the Disney logo at the front. Marvel films are produced by Marvel Ent. Disney just takes the money.......
    Still fuzzy on the point you are trying to make: I gather you are ok with "movie branding" in the parks, as long as it was made by Disney Studios. So guessing you're really looking forward to the Lone Ranger and Oz rides?

I think something Lone Ranger-ish woulda been fine in FRONTIERland. Do I agree w/ Johnny Depp in Pirates, Pirates on TSI and Disney's OWN characters in Small World and toons in TL? NO. Cause They DONT belong there and do not enchance or strengthen said attractions/lands. Thor is from friggin outer space, from a planet w/ a Norse thing going on and he is Marvel. Ya know Marvel? Which really didn't take off with comics till 1962 by doing MODERN CURRENT themes, in MODERN cities? Does NOT belong in TWDC at all.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Just get rid of Innoventions already.
    I thought the exact same thing.

•   
    • Disneyland History Lover

If it's in Innoventions and is of the quality of the Iron Man display I don't see it as being invasive at all. Does it fit thematically? Of course it doesn't. But it does serve to further Disney's business and gives fans the opportunity to meet Thor. The only people coming out at a loss are those who are upset and against it, which ultimately isn't going to change anything.

• -

Oh and nice try w/ Davy Crockett and TSI. There is NO protrayl of said characters in those attractions.
    They used to have Tom Sawer walking around on the island.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    Does Thor come with Natalie Portman?
    HAHA! It only took 3 replies till she was brought up. But seriously... even a wax figure of her by Madame Tussauds would suffice.

Secondly... "As-gard"... heh heh.. shut up Bevis.

Lastly. I can't wait to see the "thought I'd see actual Thor suit, feel ripped off" threads that come out after it opens to the public. The Iron Man 3 ones were really entertaining.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Hot FIRE!

I'm ok with this but no surprise who won't be happy. Sorry folks the Disneyland you once knew is gone, yes yes originality is dead this wouldn't happen if walt was alive and, please save for a 3rd gate.

Marvel was coming sooner or later and well...to bring up a counter point, despite everyone saying that there needs to be things that are new, how many things are TRULY new in this day and age that aren't based off of something from a Book, Story, TV show, Game, Movie, Comic/Graphic Novel, Radio show? everything originates from something and so long as it's done well, what's the big deal? I still feel like people who cry foul will still grumble as they fork over money to get it.

ok now that that is out of the way, I for one welcome our new Norse God! And Natalie Portman as well...oh yes!

...As I see it

I have an idea. How about everyone who has a problem with it....simply doesnt go see it. I know, that idea is pretty revolutionary. But there is plenty of park that wont have Thor in it. Just a thought. He wont be there forever.

• Closed Account

I think something Lone Ranger-ish woulda been fine in FRONTIERland. Do I agree w/ Johnny Depp in Pirates, Pirates on TSI and Disney's OWN characters in Small World and toons in TL? NO. Cause They DONT belong there and do not enchance or strengthen said attractions/lands. Thor is from friggin outer space, from a planet w/ a Norse thing going on and he is Marvel. Ya know Marvel? Which really didn't take off with comics till 1962 by doing MODERN CURRENT themes, in MODERN cities? Does NOT belong in TWDC at all.
    +1

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast