Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• The doctor is in

Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    I have an idea. How about everyone who has a problem with it....simply doesnt go see it. I know, that idea is pretty revolutionary. But there is plenty of park that wont have Thor in it. Just a thought. He wont be there forever.
    ^^^

At the same time though, I bet just about everyone who is complaining will go see it if they have the chance. The same thing happened with the Iron Man Expo. People complained but Innoventions frequently had a 15-20min wait time. I stood in line for about 20min in May to see it.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

after my experience with the iron man display, I would stay away from this. Although I would NOT expect thor to be chris helmsworth lol.

• Former Churro Jockey

Look, I know that both Marvel and Star Wars are going to be all over the place here in the next few years. I'm really surprised that we haven't seen more already, and kind of impressed with the restraint that Disney has shown so far. And I get it, Disney spent an insane amount of money to acquire both of them, and they did it in order to make a whole lot more money then they spent. I just don't see where Thor fits into any of the different themes of Disneyland or DCA. But the bottom line is that if it's done well, then I'm sure people won't notice if the theme conflicts with the land that they are in. Look at how good all of the new princess meet & greets are on both coasts, especially the interactive ones at WDW. If it's done to that level of quality, then I guess it won't matter as much.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• A Happy Haunt

Put it in that Disney Dance area... In DCA between muppets and monsters...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingdolt View Post
    Put it in that Disney Dance area... In DCA between muppets and monsters...
    That has nothing to do with CA and will further muddle the theme of Hollywoodland. Fantasyland is still the best spot.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

they should really consider using that piece of land being used as one big landscaped area formally known as the motorboat lagoon. They could easily make a nice path into the heavily landscaped area build some nice sets and use the area for meet and greets of some of these movies.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    That has nothing to do with CA and will further muddle the theme of Hollywoodland. Fantasyland is still the best spot.
    How would a Hollywood movie promotion muddle the theme of Hollywoodland?
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

• -

Quote Originally Posted by TodAZ1 View Post
    How would a Hollywood movie promotion muddle the theme of Hollywoodland?
    The land is supposed to represent old Hollywood and the movie making business. It is already messed up with Monsters Inc in the area, this would further muddle that theme. The fact that something is a movie does not mean it fits into that land. By that logic, they could open an Apple Dumpling Gang attraction there without it seeming out of place.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Singing Drinker

I know they won't do it, but I find myself deeply wishing they'd play this thing out to the fullest - yes, Thor is at Disneyland. No, he's not there to save the world. He's there to have a great day and really wishes you'd just get out of the way so he can get his RSR fastpass, thank you.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Minion

If I'm looking at this stuff right, although most of the comics are present day, Marvel's Thor and the world he comes from is still supposed to be the same ones as the Norse belived in (correct me if I'm wrong). If that's so, I have no problem with Thor appearing in Fantasyland.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    If I'm looking at this stuff right, although most of the comics are present day, Marvel's Thor and the world he comes from is still supposed to be the same ones as the Norse belived in (correct me if I'm wrong). If that's so, I have no problem with Thor appearing in Fantasyland.
    This.

• Minion

From what the blog says, it's sounds like a small Asgardian set will be made for the meet and greet. Sounds kind of cool.

• Closed Account

Unfortunately, Disneyland hasn't been "Disneyland" for a long time. It's just another amusement park...like Magic Mountain with its "Superman" and "Batman" themed areas and attractions. They're fun and relevant.

It is what it is. As Wiggins says, Bon Appetite.

I'm off to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, where at least I can get some imagination, stunning landscaping and good food (Hand-sliced prime rib, anyone?).
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 08-21-2013 at 05:36 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Unfortunately, Disneyland hasn't been "Disneyland" for a long time. It's just another amusement park...like Magic Mountain with its "Superman" and "Batman" themed areas and attractions. They're fun and relevant.

I'm off to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, where at least I can get some imagination, stunning landscaping and good food (Hand-sliced prime rib, anyone?).
    I'm not completely happy with Disneyland, either, but to compare it to Six Flags Magic Mountain or an amusement park is absurd.

Have fun at Busch Gardens. I really mean that, BTW.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post

While Im fine with properties, they do really need to cool it with the 'insert properties here' lands. I don't think they realize that just their name brings in guests, so whatever they build will get numbers. If you think about it, almost everyone's favorite rides are originals...BTMR, HM, POTC, Soarin, Space Mountain especially. Like I said I have no problem with properties but original attractions should out weigh properties not vise versa (break I'm talking about newer additions...not in general)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast