Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Results 91 to 102 of 102
  1. #91

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hollywoodland, Calif.
    Posts
    59

    Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

    I would gladly kneel before Loki.

  2. #92

    • Former Churro Jockey
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CA
    Posts
    1,451

    Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

    As kind of an aside, I also think Disneyland really needs some kind of functional space that is dedicated specifically to short-term events like meeting Thor or the Greek Festival that they did last month. Big Thunder Ranch is already kind of like that (they used to do corporate events all the time) but it still has that western theme. I don't know where they would put it, but I would love to see Disneyland have year-round temporary short-term events (say a week or so) so that their 1,000,000 AP's can always look forward to something new every time they go. It could be something like the Greek Festival or it can be related to their most recent movie, but preferably more than just a meet & greet (like the Toy Story Funhouse, anyone remember that?). Kind of like the idea behind limited time magic, only good.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

    My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

  3. #93

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,176

    Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

    Leave the forums for a while, come back to the same old arguments /sigh
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  4. #94

    • Singing Drinker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    As kind of an aside, I also think Disneyland really needs some kind of functional space that is dedicated specifically to short-term events like meeting Thor or the Greek Festival that they did last month. Big Thunder Ranch is already kind of like that (they used to do corporate events all the time) but it still has that western theme. I don't know where they would put it, but I would love to see Disneyland have year-round temporary short-term events (say a week or so) so that their 1,000,000 AP's can always look forward to something new every time they go. It could be something like the Greek Festival or it can be related to their most recent movie, but preferably more than just a meet & greet (like the Toy Story Funhouse, anyone remember that?). Kind of like the idea behind limited time magic, only good.
    They've used the Hunchback arena in the past for things like this. It'd be a great use of it for smaller events as well - they could arrange facades behind easily installed meet-n-greet areas to keep the scale down and not look like a small event swimming in a huge space.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

  5. #95

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,608

    Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Marvel would RUIN Fantasyland.
    Ruin, hardly. Unless, you think they will bulldoze the Matterhorn and the castle to create Asgard.

    This is a small meet and greet that will hopefully be located in Fantasyland as that is the best fit for this character. He is a Norse god. That is something born of mythology and fantasy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    And just what in the heck does this have to do with Tomorrowland anyway?
    They never said that it was going in Tomorrowland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  6. #96

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    806

    Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    As kind of an aside, I also think Disneyland really needs some kind of functional space that is dedicated specifically to short-term events like meeting Thor or the Greek Festival that they did last month. Big Thunder Ranch is already kind of like that (they used to do corporate events all the time) but it still has that western theme. I don't know where they would put it, but I would love to see Disneyland have year-round temporary short-term events (say a week or so) so that their 1,000,000 AP's can always look forward to something new every time they go. It could be something like the Greek Festival or it can be related to their most recent movie, but preferably more than just a meet & greet (like the Toy Story Funhouse, anyone remember that?). Kind of like the idea behind limited time magic, only good.
    Great idea Big D

  7. #97

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,958
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Leave the forums for a while, come back to the same old arguments /sigh
    haha these are Disney Forums....most people have opinions and they don't change much...even over time

    Only most of the newer Disney fans will accept Mavel and Star Wars as Disney...the rest will hate them forever...

  8. #98

    • film975
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    1,341

    Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    haha these are Disney Forums....most people have opinions and they don't change much...even over time

    Only most of the newer Disney fans will accept Mavel and Star Wars as Disney...the rest will hate them forever...
    Most Disney fans like myself are both Star Wars and Marvel fans as well. But what worries us the most is that the park might be overrun with those franchises. Disneyland has its own specific brand and identity. We really don't want to see that ruined by slick marketing and packaging. I'm all for Marvel coming to the park as long as it's done tastefully. Same thing with Star Wars even though there's enough of it in Disneyland already.

  9. #99

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    408

    Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

    btw, if anyone is interested, I did have a final word from Bob Igers office about the Iron Man exhibit if anyone wants to know what it was let me know i'll post the whole thing

  10. #100

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    408

    Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by miz bell View Post
    I would gladly kneel before Loki.
    you, have made my day with this

  11. #101

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Eastern Arizona
    Posts
    90

    Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

    This will be awesome. And there's going to be a Thor to meet and get pictures with? I'll have to make sure to wear my Loki shirt that day to the park when we go lol!

  12. #102

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,653

    Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Most Disney fans like myself are both Star Wars and Marvel fans as well. But what worries us the most is that the park might be overrun with those franchises. Disneyland has its own specific brand and identity. We really don't want to see that ruined by slick marketing and packaging. I'm all for Marvel coming to the park as long as it's done tastefully. Same thing with Star Wars even though there's enough of it in Disneyland already.
    I agree with this statement. While I feel some people just hate Marvel just because they hate the idea of them in the parks. I do believe most common Disney fans are open to the idea. I have been a Disney fan since the 80s so maybe I am used to the Star Wars already being in the parks and welcome more tastefully done attractions regardless of where the stories come from.

    After seeing what Disney has been putting out around the globe in their parks I have good faith that they can deliver a high quality good storied attraction based on Marvel and they can put it in one of there theme parks in a way that will make sense.If this was the early 2000s I'd probably have a different opinion but I am basing my opinion on the past couple of years worth of what they have given us in their theme parks.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Similar Threads

  1. Mickey hot air balloon coming to Disneyland?
    By disneyfn in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-14-2006, 12:52 PM
  2. Chicken Little-Based Ride Coming To Disneyland Resort
    By Ride Warrior in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 11:53 AM
  3. the Jennifamilyfer is coming to Disneyland
    By Jennidisneyfer in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-01-2005, 12:59 PM
  4. Walt Disney World Rides Coming To Disneyland
    By llama5492 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 07:09 PM
  5. Single Rider Coming to DIsneyland for a weeek :)
    By CoolCanadian in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 06:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •