Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Thor coming to disneyland!

This has just been announced on the Disney Parks Blog!

In celebration of “Thor: The Dark World” coming to theaters November 8, guests at Disneyland park will be able to visit Asgard this fall and come face-to-face with the Mighty Avenger, Thor.

This summer at Disneyland park, Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries has given us a close-up look at Tony Stark’s Hall of Armor and an opportunity to virtually “suit up” in the Mark 42 armor featured in the blockbuster film, “Iron Man 3.” And we’ve recently learned Captain America will be appearing at Avengers Academy on the reimagined Disney Magic. Soon, we’ll have a chance to meet yet another super hero.
    Be sure to check back here on the Disney Parks Blog next month, as we share more details about how you’ll be able to visit with Thor at Disneyland park.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

Wow. I guess it's started, Marvel is invading Disney. Did it say which park Thor would be in? I'm fine with Iron Man in Innoventions, but any other Marvel characters I would rather stay in DCA. Asgard doesn't really fit any existing land that I can think of, but I could see them putting him in Hollywood land somewhere (complete with previews of the new Thor movie replacing the Muppets movie of course). Captain America on the Disney Cruise Line sounds like an odd combination, but Avengers Academy kind of sounds like the name of a kids club, and maybe it will replace the Toy Story / Science Lab kids club for ages 8 - 12, and so I'll never have to see it anyway.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Minion

Just get rid of Innoventions already.

Does Thor come with Natalie Portman?
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Asgard doesn't really fit any existing land that I can think of
    Fantasyland. Asgard may have some advanced technology, but it's still pretty much a high fantasy world rather then science fiction. A Norse God would feel at home in a European village.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion

YAY!!!!!! This makes a girl VERY happy!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Fantasyland. Asgard may have some advanced technology, but it's still pretty much a high fantasy world rather then science fiction. A Norse God would feel at home in a European village.
    Maybe the can permanently take the sword out of the stone and stick in a hammer.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Asgard. Now that's an excellent idea for a land in a "3rd Gate". It could definitely work. I'd HATE to see a "Christian" land in any Disney theme park though, Yuck!

• WDI Future Show Writer

“Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    Does Thor come with Natalie Portman?
    That's funny! I wish!

I am really excited for this!
    Kathy Mangum: "If you show that you want to try, people will want to work with you" #D23Expo

Joe Rodhe: To be an Imagineer, "you have to be the kind of person who wants to share." #D23Expo

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post
    Asgard. Now that's an excellent idea for a land in a "3rd Gate". It could definitely work. I'd HATE to see a "Christian" land in any Disney theme park though, Yuck!
    what?

• film975

From the DisneyParks blog post, it sounds like this Asgard encounter will be taking the place of Iron Man Tech in the Innoventions building.

• -

I'm fine with Iron Man in Innoventions, but any other Marvel characters I would rather stay in DCA.
    Unless he is fighting a villain somewhere in California, I don’t see how this fits into CA Adventure. Asgard isn’t exactly a suburb of LA.

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Asgard doesn't really fit any existing land that I can think of,
    Fantasyland. Asgard may have some advanced technology, but it's still pretty much a high fantasy world rather then science fiction.
    This, exactly.

Captain America on the Disney Cruise Line sounds like an odd combination, but Avengers Academy kind of sounds like the name of a kids club, and maybe it will replace the Toy Story / Science Lab kids club for ages 8 - 12, and so I'll never have to see it anyway.
    It’s replacing the kid’s club. It is themed to the inside of a SHIELD Hellicarrier which fits perfectly with the nautical themes of a cruise ship.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    From the DisneyParks blog post, it sounds like this Asgard encounter will be taking the place of Iron Man Tech in the Innoventions building.
    It's hard to tell. It also looks like they were just listing all the places that Marvel Characters have been seen or have been proposed to be located.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

If we would have just torn down Innoventions years ago none of this would have ever happened..

• -

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    If we would have just torn down Innoventions years ago none of this would have ever happened..

Exactly. We could have a legitimate Marvel ride there instead of rotating film promotions.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast