Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Things you don't necessarily dislike but just have never tried at Disneyland

thank you kristen, not to be critical, but this is a really informative discussion. I see another non dumbo rider and now I am beginning to look at my own attraction to the ride, sure not a favorite, makes me dizzy, and like any other FL line area not socially comfortable. But when am planning trips for other folks I always schedule them to ride dumbo, especially for the family photo op opportunities. I don't know of any other ride that allows for clear photos while riding in the air, Matterhorn, castle, etc. So when you do ride dumbo Kristen, it would be an interesting thread here to your response. I am from Salem, so I will be looking for your next visit response here on Micechat

Re: Things you don't necessarily dislike but just have never tried at Disneyland

I did the canoes for the first time on my last trip and it was fun (although I think we had one of the least lively CM's), but it's a lesson in patience when many paddlers struggle with keeping a rhythm, or when the person behind you just smacks the water with their paddle getting you soaked.

• Singing Drinker

I've never done a tour. Any of them. I'm admittedly a bit spoiled - before I truly dove in to the Disney history I'd always had friends in varying levels of park employment and obsession giving me the same information I hear mentioned from the "better" tours.

Nothing quality wise against them. Just a hard expense to justify for a lifelong local with a limited budget.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

Other than getting frozen yogurt there once as a kid, I've never eaten anywhere in Toontown including the odv carts. I've eaten everywhere else in the park though except Club 33. Nothing against Toontown food, but my family just never eats over there.

• No Light, No Light

I've intentionally sought out the small things, the under-appreciated rides (at least for my age group) like Alice, and the off-the-beaten path things. I like the canoes! They're great if you split a cupcake with your bf, accidentally eat more than just your half, and feel guilty afterwards

But I still haven't gotten a tender box ride (I'm not even sure if it's tender or tinder lol), although I just found out about it more recently, and I've never been to Steakhouse 55. If I want an expensive meal at Disneyland, I'll go to Napa Rose or Carthay, maybe Blue Bayou. If I want a steakhouse, I'll go to Ruth's Chris. I hear the bone-in ribeye is amazing, but...

I haven't done the BBQ at Big Thunder Ranch, or eaten at e little Mexican area behind the Fantasy Fair.

I had a couple CN's last year say Soarin' Over California was a must-do, but just couldn't bring myself to ride it.

Same with most of the rides in Bug's Land. Walking through there is some great things to see, but it feels like 80% of Mickey's Toontown: I'm well beyond the age limit.

And the biggest thing: Autograph Books. I think I first saw these back in the early 90's, but never have understood the fandom behind them.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by MWH1980 View Post
    I haven't done the BBQ at Big Thunder Ranch, or eaten at e little Mexican area behind the Fantasy Fair.

I had a couple CN's last year say Soarin' Over California was a must-do, but just couldn't bring myself to ride it.

Same with most of the rides in Bug's Land. Walking through there is some great things to see, but it feels like 80% of Mickey's Toontown: I'm well beyond the age limit.

And the biggest thing: Autograph Books. I think I first saw these back in the early 90's, but never have understood the fandom behind them.
    Are you afraid of heights? Because even though it's not perfect, pretty much everyone agrees that Soarin over California is one of the best attractions Disney has ever done.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

The canoes are kind of a joke for me and my boyfriend. They're only available during peak times and he said ' "Hey! Lets ride the canoes, never done that " on a hot day....

it was MISERABLE ! Enlisted into physical labor with some kid in front of me splashing, everyone off stroke, sweating from the heat, the cast member barking at us to ROW.

never again! Now we always point and laugh, "hey let's ride the canoes!" And keep walkin while laughing at the suckers rowing away.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    But I still haven't gotten a tender box ride (I'm not even sure if it's tender or tinder lol), although I just found out about it more recently, and I've never been to Steakhouse 55. If I want an expensive meal at Disneyland, I'll go to Napa Rose or Carthay, maybe Blue Bayou. If I want a steakhouse, I'll go to Ruth's Chris. I hear the bone-in ribeye is amazing, but...
    Oh, I haven't ate at any of the hotel restaurants, I'd love to try Napa Rose someday, as well as Steakhouse 55. I've also been dying to try Trader Sam's.

Also, if hotels count, then I've never stayed at the Grand Californian and would definitely like to (during trips to DCA, I love taking a quick peek into its beautiful lobby), but my wallet would certainly be "opposed" to that.

Quote Originally Posted by MWH1980 View Post
    It's called Rancho del Zocalo, it's actually pretty good. I think my favorite part of the restaurant isn't necessarily the food (there's better food on site and definitely better Mexican food off-site), but the atmosphere. It's lovely little Spanish-style courtyard that provides a nice, tranquil, shady environment that feels rather secluded from the rest of the park, so it's a great place to eat if you're looking to unwind and relax.

up tell our last trip never hid i been in the golden horse shoe it was hot and I wanted ice cream did not know they had any food(found it on mouse wait) got there in time to have a Sunday and catch the show well in a 3 day trip we went there 3 times (not always for ice cream) but each time catching a different show it was so fun it is now on our must do list.

• Laughing Last..

Never did the Rocket Rods, just never made the effort while they were here. And I've never eaten a Monte Cristo (Sp?) sandwich. Just opted for other food items. Other than that, I believe we've tried it all.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Love Racho del Zocallo.

There is someone out there that hasn't had a Dole Whip? Doesn't that violate a Disneyland law punishable by three straight showing of Captain Eo?

Ok, time for my confessions.

Hate roller coasters so no Splash Mtn. for me. I have been on the other mountains as a kid and mostly against my will.

Most of Paradise Pier I have not experienced. That also means California Screamin and the Ferris Wheel of Death won't happen.

My kids haven't wanted to go on Soarin yet so no dice for me.

As much as I loved Knott's rapid ride as a kid, I have not done Grizzly River Run. Something about being wet all day and carrying around a lot in electronics that I don't find will mix well.

No canoes and no real desire. I know my wife won't do that with me after kayaking on our honeymoon. You tip over once and you never live it down.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by mpabis525 View Post
    There is someone out there that hasn't had a Dole Whip? Doesn't that violate a Disneyland law punishable by three straight showing of Captain Eo?
    Heh, I still haven't tried a Dole Whip. I'm not a big fan of pineapple, so I can never really justify waiting in line when I could be spending my time elsewhere. Perhaps someday.

• once a Skip always a Skip

I've never been on any of the Main St. vehicles, Roger Rabbit, or Astro Orbitor. And, another one here for never had a corn dog from the cart, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Does WDW have a Rancho Del Zocalo? I think I tried it over there but definitely not in DLR. Never been to Napa Rose, any of the DLH restuarants, barely to none of the DCA ones...just conned my family to going to Bengal BBQ.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast