Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Things you don't necessarily dislike but just have never tried at Disneyland

So last night I was at the Royal St Verandah, and I saw the big sign that said "Try our Gumbo" and it dawned on me that of the hundreds of times I've been to Disneyland (and New Orleans Square specifically), I've never once tried the gumbo (which was quite good btw). In fact, until last night, I had never tried gumbo anywhere. It wasn't that I didn't think I'd like it, or that I had heard bad things about it, I just simply never got around to trying it. I love the corn chowder in a bread boulle, so that's usually my go-to meal in New Orleans Square, and if I want something different, I usually will go to the French Market or once in a while Cafe Orleans, or once in a great while Blue Bayou. I've seen the "Try Our Gumbo" sign so many times that it's basically become invisible to me because I'm just used to it being there. I don't know why it stuck out to me last night, but I finally listened and tried the gumbo.

So is there anything at Disneyland that you aren't necessarily opposed to, but just have never gotten around to doing?
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Science Factual

Re: Things you don't necessarily dislike but just have never tried at Disneyland

The Canoes

(Gumbos my fav btw)

• Minion

Re: Things you don't necessarily dislike but just have never tried at Disneyland

I have never visited Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I was very close to doing it last year until I found out that the next performance wasn't going to happen for awhile.

• Science Factual

GMWML is pretty much super epic.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MyFriendtheAtom View Post
    The Canoes
    +1
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

Horse Drawn Streetcar and Fire Engine. Those are the only two attractions I haven't done, but I'm certainly not opposed to them. They're an iconic and important part of Main Street atmosphere.

And, well, I suppose I'd have to count the princess and fairy meet 'n greets...although I'm sort of on the fence about whether or not I "approve" of them....

I haven't done many Fantaslyand rides. I haven't done Alice, Snow White, Pinocchio or (gasp) Dumbo. I'd like to do them one day, just haven't yet. I also haven't done the canoes or Mark Twain and I haven't done Pooh or the Tiki room. I've pretty much done everything else.

As for dining, I usually either eat off site, buy a snack from a cart or eat at Blue Bayou. I ate at Café Orleans once an at the Mexican restaurant at DCA a few times, and Wine Country Trattoria picnic meal once. I think I ate at the pizza thing at DCA once too.

• -

I have never done any of the Main Street vehicles or the Red Car.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFriendtheAtom View Post
    The Canoes
    I finally got around to trying those last month because I was dragged on it. They were alright, but I just feel that if I am going to Disneyland, I want the ride mechanism to be something other than “man power”.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The Lucky Rabbit

Great thread.

Two attractions I had never done before we the Canoes in DLAND and the swinging gondolas on the ferris wheel in DCA. I just did both recently.

The canoes were actually much more fun then I originally thought. We had a great river guide and a very enthusiastic lot on the canoe. Other then pointing out some cool features along the river (it's actually a really cool perspective), we actually we able to race another canoe (I don't know if that usually happens) and we blew them out of the water.

As for the swinging gondola's on the ferris wheel in DCA. It's now one of those things I can say I did it, and will never do it again. I feel more safe and secure in any other ride on the property. No belts and no handles do not make this a very fun ride. With just a few people in our gondola and not even intentionally swinging, our gondola literally almost made a 90 degree angle when it was swinging towards the top. All you could do was squeeze your fingers through the metal grate or try holding on to the edge under your seat. Again this goes under the same category I put Mission Space (WDW) on, I checked it off and will not be back on again.

-----

As for eateries there are to many to try even in a couple trips but I have been venturing out.

Sad to say until last year I had never had Bangle BBQ, and the skewers are great.

I want to try Steakhouse 55, but since its over at the Disneyland Hotel it seems out of the way so I have not had an opportunity to go there yet. Also I keep telling myself to try the Pastrami Sandwich at the Village Haus in Fantasyland but still haven't made it to that either.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• Capt without a ship...

I havent tried the Omnibus just yet. Only recently tried the horse drawn trolly and the fire engine.

• The Lucky Rabbit

The Omnibus is a great way to take pictures and video.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• I'm from Canada eh!

I have passed on much of the food options in both DL and DCA, but only because if I am paying top dollar I want to ensure I like what I'm eating. I'm also certain that I have never been on the pirate ship...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    I'm also certain that I have never been on the pirate ship...
    I can't remember if I went on that as a kid. I would have been pretty little as I only went a handful of times before the Fantasyland remodel, so I don't really have very many memories of Captain Hook's Pirate Ship. It's a shame it couldn't have been included in the new Fantasyland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Chief Troublemaker

Well, it's not that I've 'never' been there, but the last time I was on Tom Sawyer Island was probably in the early '90s, when my boys were kids. I really haven't had a desire to go since they've been grown, & especially since all the pirate stuff was added. But in the spirit of 'we're going to try to do stuff we didn't do' BFF and I are planning on visiting it next February during our '2 Crazy Girls Trip to DLR, Part Deux'.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Disneymom

I love the boats. I didn't think I would but my daughter and I both go on them. The different thing s to see on the Rivers of America are nice.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast