Best Jungle Cruise Skippers

So if you have had an great experience with a Jungle Cruise skipper, who is he or she. Tell us who you think is the best skipper.

Re: Best Jungle Cruise Skippers

Quote Originally Posted by Estoplover View Post
    So if you have had an great experience with a Jungle Cruise skipper, who is he or she. Tell us who you think is the best skipper.
    Kip. Hands down. No contest.

Rick and Mike are good, too.

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

A few years ago we had a skipper at night named Jonathan I think. He was hysterical, did a whole light show with his flashlight and the boat lights and most of the spiel was original, my family was laughing the whole time it was great

• Tourist

A few weeks ago, we had a JC skipper named Gretchen who was perfect. She delivered a great combination of classic jokes, plus some newer ones.

When she drew the revolver to repel the hippo attack, she waved the gun at the hippos without firing, and shouted "Shoo! Shoo!".

• The doctor is in

In the past couple trips I've had a lot more fun with female skippers than male. I can't recall any names at the moment, but the women are more fun to me. Maybe it's because I never experienced a female skipper prior to March 2012.

I do remember a skipper I had in 2008 named Javier who was great, though. I sent them an email about him.

I think they're all good, in their own way. Sometimes it's a matter of the guests in their boat that allows them to be funny.....some guests just don't get it lol

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Folks, with no disrespect meant for the OP or any posters in this thread, we must ask you to tread very lightly in your posts here.

Sometimes, skippers go off-script, and since it's not Disney's intention that they do that (no matter how much passengers may enjoy the changes) if you identify them by name, you run the risk of causing them problems with their supervisors, and even possible job reassignment. The Jungle Skips are among the most loved of park employees, and we know that nobody here would want to be the cause of complicating their position with the company.

Thanks for your help and your understanding!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

Not sure the name of the particular skipper, but my favorite line was given on a late night cruise:

(boat approaches hippo lagoon)
    Skipper: Don't worry folks.. I can scare these hippos away.
    (skipper yells at hippos)
    Skipper: I'm looking for someone who's not afraid of a committed relationship!!
    (hippos freeze)
    Skipper: This happens all the time
    "Maybe the definition of home is the place where you are never forgiven, so you may always belong there, bound my guilt. And maybe the cost of belonging is worth it."

•   

I don't remember his name, but the one I had last time was absolutely hilarious. Not only was the material funny, but he was completely in character. It was great.

The one I had on the trip prior was just "Meh" so it really made this guy stand out.

As far as I'm concerned, I was the best skipper of all time. Too bad for all I no longer am a Skip.

Move It Up Skip! 18" guy, move it up!

Not a record guy. Go again.

• Singing Drinker

My favorite was one of the poor guys stuck doing JC during the Indy "preview party". The line for Indy was HORRENDOUS and in order to even get in to the JC building you had to fight through a couple layers of switchbacks that weren't always willing to follow CM orders about keeping a path clear.

Skipper started up the tour on the half-full boat with "OK, so you're all passholders. How many of you have probably been on this ride more times than I have?" (most hands raise) "How many of you think you could probably do this ride start to finish like a real skipper?" (fewer hands but still many). "OK, great - too bad you aren't the ones getting paid to do this. Now let's have some real fun..."

The cruise was one of the furthest off-script I'd ever been on but was PAINFULLY hilarious.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

•   

Kevin Costner as he would redo his role today as Skipper Kev or "Wyatt". I never got to see Skipper John Lasseter do his tour but would be interested if he would like to. Maybe they can get both to TDL and Skipper, when the Jungle Cruise has its new reopening celebration next year in 2014
    Last edited by DisWedWay; 09-18-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Kip and Joel are both great. Randy is the absolute best but I can only find him at night.