Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Attraction Enhancements

We all know that many attractions in Disneyland such as Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise have gotten new additions and enhancements for the 50th. Storybookland Canal Boats will go down for refurshment. Will Storybook get any new scenes during its downtime?

• Banned User

The original plan from 2002 was enhancements for the following rides:

Space Mountain
    Haunted Mansion
    Jungle Cruise
    Pirates of the Caribean
    Its a Small World

Well it is looking like Storybook will get a new gating or saftey system that was unplanned, but no idea on the new scenes.
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    The original plan from 2002 was enhancements for the following rides:

Space Mountain
    Haunted Mansion
    Jungle Cruise
    Pirates of the Caribean
    Its a Small World
    so Space Mountain was the only one that really got the overhaul

HM may be getting it slowly over time

and Pirates got new boats

Jungle Cruise might recieve a small amount

but Small World gets nothing? (I personaly would love to see them flood the sets the way WDW's and Tokyos are flooded, I'm too tall right now I can see the showbuilding floor and all the cords down there when I'm riding)

do you know any of the specifics in the plan?

Well Jungle and Small World are both down right now, work going on inside, Jungle is getting new scene and horticulture themed lands and a new handicapped boat so guests who cant exit their wheelchairs can ride without exiting their wheelchairs, says a current Jungle Cruise CM who is working there right now.The Bamboo is falling!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

great news about the ADA Jungle Cruise boat! my grandmother will be thrilled. I just wish there was some way to do an ADA boat for Pirates.

the ada boat at jungle is still testing and during the rehab hard to do with no river. its a good idea in theory but so far not working out so well practically. right now i requires too many people to opperate it which may or maynot be around when its needed. keep your fingers crossed that it'll work.
    i have no idea

• Minion

Maybe they can hide the black ceilling tiles in Small World...
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic_Freak
    Well Jungle and Small World are both down right now, work going on inside, Jungle is getting new scene and horticulture themed lands and a new handicapped boat so guests who cant exit their wheelchairs can ride without exiting their wheelchairs, says a current Jungle Cruise CM who is working there right now.The Bamboo is falling!
    Small World isn't down...unless this is very recent. The Refurb schedule doesn't show it going down at all this year (most likely inaccurate since IASW: H should be appearing this year)...

Maybe you're thinking of WDW?

SuperDuck

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Are they getting diff boats in Pirates than the tacky multicolored ones that they use in Its A Small World?

Hopefully wooden ones that look something like a skiff on a pirate ship?

As for plussing attractions, Walt was always in favor of this.

They need to pluss the Grizzly River Run, I know when DCA opened they wanted it to be kid free and have no Disney characters. Thought teens and young couples would come on dates. Didn't happen and now they cater to families on vacation with their kids in both parks. The Redwood Canyon trail became Brother Bear themed to some extent, why not add the Brother Bears to Grizzly River Run. I know its not a major hit Disney movie but why not put in a few audioanimatronics and make the ride worth it, I go on Splash Mtn when I dont want to get wet just to see the show. I avoid GRR every time cause theres nothing to see and you get soaked.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Are they getting diff boats in Pirates than the tacky multicolored ones that they use in Its A Small World?

Hopefully wooden ones that look something like a skiff on a pirate ship?

As for plussing attractions, Walt was always in favor of this.

They need to pluss the Grizzly River Run, I know when DCA opened they wanted it to be kid free and have no Disney characters. Thought teens and young couples would come on dates. Didn't happen and now they cater to families on vacation with their kids in both parks. The Redwood Canyon trail became Brother Bear themed to some extent, why not add the Brother Bears to Grizzly River Run. I know its not a major hit Disney movie but why not put in a few audioanimatronics and make the ride worth it, I go on Splash Mtn when I dont want to get wet just to see the show. I avoid GRR every time cause theres nothing to see and you get soaked.
    they hoped for too much of everything, there isn't enough in the park to do for teens that like thrills and there isn't enough edutainment or sophistication in the park to make it an Epcot and there's barly any kid stuff there at all :P

maybe DCA COULD get teens youknow if they advertised for teens and put stuff in to attract them

• Santa Barbara, CA

I heard they are going to paint the tour guides gold in bikinis.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDuck
    Small World isn't down...unless this is very recent. The Refurb schedule doesn't show it going down at all this year (most likely inaccurate since IASW: H should be appearing this year)...

Maybe you're thinking of WDW?

SuperDuck
    Small World had a 1 day refurbishment on the 16th, don't know what for.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Disney worshipper/geek

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic_Freak
    Jungle is getting new scene and horticulture themed lands and a new handicapped boat so guests who cant exit their wheelchairs can ride without exiting their wheelchairs, says a current Jungle Cruise CM who is working there right now.
    Why is it everything is now getting wheelchair stuff?? My grandmother has been dead since 2001, and NOW they actually start accomodating her!! When we took her, she could hardly do any of the rides we wanted to show her!!!
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Disneyland and TDR fan!

I have been reading all about the enhancements that is being done in the park. One of the attractions that is also my favorite is the Monorail and I think it needs TLC too and I know I have read somewhere that they are planning to replace the ones we have right now for reasons that it is always breaking down. For what I remember from that article that they are trying to get DL new ones before the 50th. Did anyone else read this article or am I just going loco?? Help! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast