Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: the new indy effects

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    Because if there's one group who's opinion I trust, it would be Youtube commenters.
    You don't have to trust their opinions. I'm just saying that it isn't just hardcore fan sites like MiceChat who are criticizing the new voice.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvoAggie View Post
    I'm pretty sure that only hardcore Disney fans are going to YouTube to hear the new voice on Indy.
    I find that to be very unlikely. Why is it that every person who comments on a Disneyland video is automatically dubbed as a "hardcore" fan? Youtube is a massive site. Any ordinary person can come in and watch the video and form an opinion on it, even if it is just leaving a "like" on a comment he/she agrees with.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by ProvoAggie View Post
    I'm pretty sure that only hardcore Disney fans are going to YouTube to hear the new voice on Indy.
    Thatīs true. ...and as I said before. Disneyland fans rarely take changes well. This whole bunch posts prove that once again.

The voice is different, but fine. Itīs the most unimportant change in a Disneypark ever. Plus the new effects are about time.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Thatīs true. ...and as I said before. Disneyland fans rarely take changes well. This whole bunch posts prove that once again.
    The whole bunch of posts that explains that it's not just fanboys complaining?

• MaliBOOMer

The voice is different, but fine. Itīs the most unimportant change in a Disneypark ever. Plus the new effects are about time.
    This just simply isn't true. People just only like good things. When something is made better people including Disneyland fans celebrate. For Example: DCA remodel, Space Mountain refurb, New lighting effects on Mara, Star Tours redo. When things are a downgrade like Mara's new voice people don't take it well. I have yet to read a comment saying the new voice is better. Only that it is "fine". It's unanimous the old one was better with an overwhelming majority thinking the new voice is less than fine and should be changed back.

We shouldn't have to settle with a voice over that is "fine" when it used to be perfect. I won't just shrug off the fact that they downgraded my favorite attraction.
    Last edited by Quentin; 08-22-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Folks, let's keep the discussion about the topic, and not about each other. The critical painting others with broad brushes on a particular discussion isn't just bad form, it's not allowed by MiceChat rules. A diversity of opinion is both a healthy thing, and essential for any discussion. Can you imagine how boring a discussion board would be if nobody ever questioned aspects about changes at the parks? That's not how it works here. Bring on your best arguments for or against the topic and lose all the discussion and criticism about your fellow posters.

Going forward in this thread, if you cannot engage in the discussion without labeling and mocking others, you may find that your posts have been removed, or perhaps even you might be removed from the conversation.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

• Non-Minion

For some reason I always thought Mara was a woman anyway....sooooo....I am kind of in a different boat; I always thought the original voice never fit. Maybe it's because most prominate image of Mara while waiting in line looks really feminine to me.

But, to each their own. I stopped letting little things like this get to me anymore.
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    For some reason I always thought Mara was a woman anyway....sooooo....I am kind of in a different boat; I always thought the original voice never fit. Maybe it's because most prominate image of Mara while waiting in line looks really feminine to me.

But, to each their own. I stopped letting little things like this get to me anymore.
    Mara's gender varies by culture. When I studied Buddhism he was male. The God of desire, and he has 3 daughters. I always viewed Mara as male because that's how I learned about him in school.

• Evil is Sexy

Mara was always a man. His images throughout the temple queue always have him with a bared, flat chest and a necklace. The effeminite voice is an odd choice.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

The voice is fine. Itīs just that the hardcore Disneyland fanbase canīt handle changes. ...everybody knows that.
    Agreed. People just need to get use to it. New guests riding for the 1st time won't notice a different.

Here's a video I shot yesterday from the Observatory of the Future scene. I prefer this scene over the other two scenes.

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    New guests riding for the 1st time won't notice a different.
    That would be because it's their first time. There is nothing to compare to. What does this prove?

• The Pumpkin King

Need to get use to it?

I wont get use to it, it's terrible to hear and it makes Mara sound like a joke.

And yes I always thought Mara was a HE.

• Sock Puppet

The old voice just made it more believeable. There are certain things where we see or hear them and it fits in, so we don't notice them nor mind them, and then there are times when we see or hear something and say "thats not supposed to be there" which is what I'm saying of the new voice. I think it would have fit in perfectly with the new effects, unless the old voice wasn't in sync with the new effects then I could understand why a change was made. Im not disney bashing or saying I hate them, I'm just stating that the new voice is horendous, WDI should know better by now

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I just don't see whats soo hard about Disney just putting the old voice in and keeping the effects...then we all win

How can you have James Earl Jones as a voice artist and decide to "fix" it with something "better"? I am not sure of the logic.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. They change Star Tours and everyone loves it. They change Space Mountain and everyone loves it. They change Mara's voice and everyone hates it. Not because it's different and people can't handle change but because it's worse than the original. Everyone loves the new projection effect a change people can handle.
    This. It’s not resistance to change, it’s resistance to bad change.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I noticed on youtube that the top comments on the various videos complain about the new voice, so it isn't just hardcore Disney fans that are opposed to the change.
    I wonder how many commenters on YouTube have actually ridden the ride since the change. I found from watching the effects in a video that the effects were downplayed while the voice was very apparent. The effects don’t seem to translate well to a video.

In contrast, I rode the thing three times in a row during the AP event last Saturday night and got all three rooms. The effects themselves seem to be the star of the show in real life while the voice was hardly noticeable to me. Real life affect is something that is really hard to ascertain by merely watching a video.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
    The old voice just made it more believeable.
    Based on what? I haven’t heard very many god voices talking to me. I wouldn’t be able to tell if an Indian god was supposed to sound like James Earl Jones or Alanis Morrisette.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast