Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

the new indy effects

On Monday I went to Disneyland to check out the brand new indy mara effect. The wait wasn't really all that bad, space the entire day had a longer wait. As your turn the corner and your fate is revealed the new voice to me doesn't seem all that out of place, for that specific spiel, we got the observatory of the future, the doors opened to bright blue colors and as we approached mara his eyes suddenly opened, such an awesome effect, also everything that happens to him facially is very awesome. I'm so thrilled Disney pays attention to their attractions and they come up with ways how they can plus the experience for their guests, let's be honest the strobe light eyes and smoke was a little out dated, so 90's. Now onto the not so good, the ugly... That's right the voice, first off its a female voice not a man's voice, the whole "you looked into my eyes" spiel sounds just god awful, its so out of place and sounds... Wrong. I don't know who came up with the idea that a voice change was needed but...yeah.... Um, think again bro. So as far as mara goes I give it a solid B+ I would have gone with an A- would it have not been for that terrible new voice. Something else I wanted to point out that not many may have notice, the snake that lunges at your jeep has been upgraded, at first it just simply lunged at your jeep, like a BOO effect, I noticed on Monday that its entire body now moves with the head making it more surreal

• Not here to help

Re: the new indy effects

The voice is fine. Itīs just that the hardcore Disneyland fanbase canīt handle changes. ...everybody knows that.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    The voice is fine. Itīs just that the hardcore Disneyland fanbase canīt handle changes. ...everybody knows that.
    AGREED.
    I don't mind the new voice at all, I was honestly surprised with how much drama there has been over it.

Any change in an attraction usually causes an uproar within the Disney fan community.

• MaliBOOMer

You couldn't be more wrong. They change Star Tours and everyone loves it. They change Space Mountain and everyone loves it. They change Mara's voice and everyone hates it. Not because it's different and people can't handle change but because it's worse than the original. Everyone loves the new projection effect a change people can handle.
    Last edited by Quentin; 08-22-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. They change Stsr Tours and everyone loves it. They change Space Mountain and everyone loves it. They change Mara's voice and everyone hates it. Not because it's different and people can't handle change but because it's worse than the original. Everyone loves the new projection effect a change people can handle.
    exactly.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Serendie View Post
    AGREED.
    I don't mind the new voice at all, I was honestly surprised with how much drama there has been over it.
    Did you guys hear the voice, though? It's pretty awful - and that is unanimous. It's not just the Disney fanboys that are opposed to it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Did you guys hear the voice, though? It's pretty awful - and that is unanimous. It's not just the Disney fanboys that are opposed to it.
    I noticed on youtube that the top comments on the various videos complain about the new voice, so it isn't just hardcore Disney fans that are opposed to the change.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. They change Star Tours and everyone loves it. They change Space Mountain and everyone loves it. They change Mara's voice and everyone hates it. Not because it's different and people can't handle change but because it's worse than the original. Everyone loves the new projection effect a change people can handle.
    This

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I noticed on youtube that the top comments on the various videos complain about the new voice, so it isn't just hardcore Disney fans that are opposed to the change.
    I noticed that also

• The Pumpkin King

Yup!

I'm pretty sure that only hardcore Disney fans are going to YouTube to hear the new voice on Indy.

• Not the Hawkguy

Because if there's one group who's opinion I trust, it would be Youtube commenters.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by ProvoAggie View Post
    I'm pretty sure that only hardcore Disney fans are going to YouTube to hear the new voice on Indy.
    The age of the internet. Things spread QUICKLY

Yes, of course I heard the voice or I wouldn't be commenting here. I will agree, it's quite a difference from the original and took me by surprise at first. However, I have no problems with the new one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast