• The Pumpkin King

Lightbulb Star Tours Destination Story Idea

How about, instead of being on one flight with one story and multiple destinations, why not keep those destinations (maybe) but they each have their own individual story line to them? And those are randomized.

For example, with Naboo, that's the only destination and you go through the ride doing whatever and the climax is helping to destroy the droid control ship. Kind of be like in the first movie, except its the Starspeeder that gets hit by a laser and stalls inside the hanger bay and then blows up the ship. Or just whatever the best way it would be. Just stating as an example.

Star Tours 2.0 lacks HEAVILY on combat, you are just flying around avoiding everything. Which is fine when it isnt done all the time, when it would really make sense to do so, and at moments it would be awesome and fun.

But of course, this is supposed to be a "tour" so that would have to be worked around. But this is a tour in the Star Wars universe, some action has to be somewhere lol.

Hope you all understand what I'm trying to say here, I'm not good at explaining stuff.

So thoughts?

• Not the Hawkguy

Re: Star Tours Destination Story Idea

Just want to point something out for you:

The Complete Star Tours Star Wars Ride At Disneyland - YouTube

For all the "combat" you talk about the original ST having, it was mostly just flying around a combat zone, trying not to get blown up. The ship itself only takes out two TIE Fighters.

Really, 2.0 stays faithful to the original in that this is a Tour ship, not meant for combat. It's only going to engage in that stuff when absolutely necessary, and instead is willing to just avoid things.

• The Pumpkin King

Re: Star Tours Destination Story Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    Just want to point something out for you:

The Complete Star Tours Star Wars Ride At Disneyland - YouTube

For all the "combat" you talk about the original ST having, it was mostly just flying around a combat zone, trying not to get blown up. The ship itself only takes out two TIE Fighters.

Really, 2.0 stays faithful to the original in that this is a Tour ship, not meant for combat. It's only going to engage in that stuff when absolutely necessary, and instead is willing to just avoid things.
    I have seen all videos and have already been on the ride. But thanks.

The ship takes out more than 2.

As I already stated in my original post, I know its a "Tour ship" as you put it.

Well in 2.0 you seem to join the Rebels