Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sad Potential Fastpass Problem

While looking for collectibles from Splash Mountain on Ebay, I found someone selling Fast Passes. His auction said they were collectible Fast Passes from Splash Mountain and other attractions. It said to "commemorate the date of your trip" he would create one with the date and time of your choice, either in the past OR THE FUTURE. (Emphasis mine) He also said these are almost exactly like the ones at the park, down to the same kind of cardstock. The auctions seemed to have been removed.

I did a search on google with some of the phrases from his auction and found a website that seems to be his offering Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Roger Rabbit "commemorative" fast passes. He has a disclaimer saying that although they are good enough replicas to be accepted by Disneyland, he cannot condone such use and that they are for decoration only.

My concern is if people start buying these (75cents each or 4 for $2.50) in bulk and using them at the park, the fastpass lines would be crazy... and it would affect standby.

How can Disney stop this? Issuing barcodes that get read as the CM takes the fastpass?

(Note: I'm not including the URL. I found it by google, so you should be able to too. I don't want to make it too easy for people to buy these and abuse them.)

• Minion

Re: Potential Fastpass Problem

I don't think this will be a big problem. I don't know anyone that's so desperate for fastpass, that they'd buy them from ebay...

• My Children's Father

I'm surprised Disney lawyers have not already shut him (and his website) down. Wasn't there a counterfeit passport (admission media) problem in Florida in recent months?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Theme Park Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I don't think this will be a big problem. I don't know anyone that's so desperate for fastpass, that they'd buy them from ebay...
    Funny thing is, if it were not for the moral delima, I would of concidered it during the holiday season.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

• My Children's Father

I don't know ...... $10 is not much to pay for all of the FPs you would need in a day, compared to $90 for a FOTL pass at USH .......

SQ, I'm surprised your entitlement detector didn't go off on this one ......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Disney could easily adopt the same method the company uses with the hand-stamps and randomly change the style of the FastPass tickets periodically.

• UnExiled Minion

I know of a better idea to solve this problem...
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• UnExiled Minion

You'd think that this person wouldn't get so greedy as to use eBay. A black market would have been more lucrative.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Ain't human nature fascinatin'?

This sounds like the kind of "clever" sceme that works for a little while but is ultimately not worth the time and hassle. Absent eBay or some other large distribution network, I doubt he would able to sell enough of these to justify the potential fines or legal complications. I just don't think being under the Disney legal microscope is an enviable position to be in. That said, it wouldn't be a big problem to modify the FastPass machines to print a random line each day. Just like the handstamps change each day, if it's Tuesday and your FastPass doesn't say "MICKEY"... you're not getting in.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Minion

Its only a big problem if he sells a lot.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I still like sediment's unspoken solution... get rid of fastpass!

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    I still like sediment's unspoken solution... get rid of fastpass!
    Oh, jeez, now the cat's out of the bag...

• Clearing my Calendar

I bet there's a lot of desperate gotta-do-everything-in-one-day vacationers out there that would just love an opportunity like this. And they'd probably find it, too, if they come across a mention of Fastpass in one of the books or something.

I'd take the link that was found on google and send it to whoever it concerns at Disneyland.

Edit: BTW, OP, was there any mention of size dimensions? Maybe he's doing it like fake money? (Smaller/larger than original?)
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Closed Account

I believe the word FastPass is copyrighted. Is the seller allowed to use the word fastpass wo/ disney approval?

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220
    I believe the word FastPass is copyrighted. Is the seller allowed to use the word fastpass wo/ disney approval?
    This would be my guess, a hotel up in Edmonton called the Fantasyland Hotel got sued by Disney really quick, and won (but they still haven't changed the name for some reason ). If this FastPass thing were made apparent to them they would probably shut them down via courts as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast