Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Court of Angels to close Sept. 28 - Jim Hill

I will be missing it by 2 days. Bummer. This was always one of my favorite spots in Disneyland, truly a great place to take pictures. It will be missed.

If this is a permanent closure to regular guests, it really does break my heart. NOS doesn't have several rides or shows. It is mostly shops and restaurants, however, it ranks up with some of my most beloved attractions. It is such a charmingly detailed area, and that really is what is special about it. The main attraction of NOS is the atmosphere.

I am not one who goes to Disneyland with only Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain etc. on my mind. I'm not rushing like a bullet so fast towards the next "thrill" ride (thrill by Disneyland standards). I am a guest who loves the gardens, the themes, the details. I view soaking up the atmosphere as an attraction in itself, and that little section may get skipped by some, but to me, it's a spot I cherish.That section is absolutely lovely, especially when decorated. Little hideaways like that really add dimension to the park and help create escapism.

After losing the Disney Gallery to the Dream Suite, this is really sad if it's true. I'm not opposed to change, but this move just seems to detract from the magic rather than add to it.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

It would be like if they decided to turn Innoventions into an exclusive area only for special guests/club members.

...It just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it? I can't even get through that with a straight face.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    \I guess I could see them annexing a shop in NOS to have a bigger wait area, but it's not really needed. Kinda think that what goes in over the French Market will have a different setup than Club 33, and will be used as a flex-area. I can see them selling special HMH dinner packages to general park guests, and using the Court of Angels as a nice entry to the restaurant above, (once again a stairs or elevator choice), but no reason to close it off to the public.
    There's no reason for awaiting room. Guests have a reservation and ring the bell at that time, they are admitted to check in. After that, they quickly move upstairs.

I can see the need for the elevator, and the courtyard is a good location. Or, maybe they will just expand the existing Club 33 lobby into the courtyard enough to add a new elevator. However, as the existing Club 33 lobby could still function as the check in, there is no need to take over another shop (with a different address) for that purpose.

Even if they decided to use the courtyard as a new main entrance, they could have the access at the top of the stairs, leaving the rest of the courtyard for general park access.

• No Light, No Light

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    There's no reason for awaiting room. Guests have a reservation and ring the bell at that time, they are admitted to check in. After that, they quickly move upstairs.

I can see the need for the elevator, and the courtyard is a good location. Or, maybe they will just expand the existing Club 33 lobby into the courtyard enough to add a new elevator. However, as the existing Club 33 lobby could still function as the check in, there is no need to take over another shop (with a different address) for that purpose.

Even if they decided to use the courtyard as a new main entrance, they could have the access at the top of the stairs, leaving the rest of the courtyard for general park access.
    I'd really like to believe that, but I can't help but recall that the current entry can only be accessed by card-carrying members -- or by way of the tour. If this is truly going to be a new entry, as stated in the article, then I have a hard time believing that it will still be open to the public; especially since I believe someone mentioned stained glass windows supposedly being installed on the gates. If that's true, then it just sounds like they're making it more private.

Wait, wait, wait. Don't get all upset yet. Does anyone know that it will be closed to non club 33 members when it is reopened? Can anyone imagine this area being open and the only restricted area being the new entrance to the club? Im trying to stay positive here and have a little more faith in Disney. I dont think members would even want this area close.

Heres hope'n

• Larger Than (After)Life

I'm hoping that more Disney fans will voice their desire to see this lovely corner of the park remain public and intact. If you have Twitter and/or Facebook accounts, please, express your concern using the hashtag #SaveTheCourtofAngels. I hope it gets a positive buzz going. It would be great if it became a trending topic.

• Minion

#SaveTheCourtofAngels

Where exactly can it be found? First trip in a few weeks and would love to take some photos there

• Disney Geek wannabe

my next trip is the on the 16th of this month. I am glad I will get to see it one last time.
    “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.”
    A.A. Milne

Bummer if it's true

Just keep carving away......

• Larger Than (After)Life

I love the idea of a lounge area. One of my beefs with club 33 is that you could only go if you were eating there. It would be great to have a quieter area to have a drink and just hang out before hitting the crowds again.

Of course Im not a member, but Im trying

I've read the articles and most of the posts here, but I didn't find details on how complete the closing of Court of Angels will be. Will it be closed at the arched/gated entrance? Will it be closed at the bottom of the staircase? Will the second opening (portraits area) be closed/walled off (for the elevator??)? Will it be completely walled in as a room/lobby?

Monday is the first day to see the early details and design inspirations in the members preview center. So much anticipation. No recording of any kind will be allowed.
    Last edited by SparklingMare; 09-09-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast