Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Of Two Minds, or More

Re: Limited Time Magic At The Golden Horseshoe

I was there on Sunday. The program was slightly different then, I believe they were electing a Mayor.

They also had the good guys looking to fulfill a bounty on the bad guys. As a hero, you had to find the villain based on their description. Draw a picture of them on the wanted poster. Then you had to go over to them with the poster and tell the bad guy he/she was under arrest.

The villain then walked over to the "jail" and you went back with your posse to the sheriff to claim the reward. Once you had your reward money, it could then be used in the land auction part of the game. It was some really enjoyable street theatre/interactivity. I hope they do more of it.

As for the merchandise, it was cheap enough for the parents to be willing to buy it for the kids to play with and no one will be upset if it's lost or mis-placed.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Here is a review of the interactive experience...

Golden Horseshoe Play-Test Experience at Disneyland (More Mouse) by Contributing Writer

Play interaction with guests, props, and more!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Sock Puppet

They really should put an actual show like the original revue back into the Golden Horseshoe.
    This current effort looks awfully cheap and easy on Disney's part. It looks like something to entertain the locals who are there every other day. If I were having a once in a lifetime vacation at Disneyland or taking a once a year day trip even, I would never consider wasting my rather expensively purchased time in the park on something like this.
    This is no replacement for an actual show.

• Vroom, vroom!

I shall save money by doing the following...
    Grow my own mustache, bring my own top hat, and I'll buy two arm bands to keep my sleeves up on my dress shirt. I would have a ball dressing up like a well to do man in the victorian age and being able to blend in theme wise pretty well in every land OTHER than TL FL and TT.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    They really should put an actual show like the original revue back into the Golden Horseshoe.
    This current effort looks awfully cheap and easy on Disney's part. It looks like something to entertain the locals who are there every other day. If I were having a once in a lifetime vacation at Disneyland or taking a once a year day trip even, I would never consider wasting my rather expensively purchased time in the park on something like this.
    This is no replacement for an actual show.
    I see your point, but I'll also bring up the fact that it's a great way for parents to catch a break. They can sit down with a sundae for two while they figure out what they're going to do next, what plans they need to make, reservations they need to remember, etc. Of course, family entertainment is the point of it all, so adults can play as well.

This isn't a replacement for a show, as far as I can tell. It's a temporary playtest as a proof of concept, I think.

• Evil is Sexy

I appreciate interactive things like this, being a theatre child/teen waaaaaay back when. LOL. Things like this are made to not just entertain, but to inspire imagination.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Hakuna Matata!

AWE!! I'm sorry I missed this when I was there Wednesday looks fun!

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Hope something like this is still around in October when I get to go!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    Hope something like this is still around in October when I get to go!
    Maybe, if they brought it back. It is running until Monday, Sept 2nd, Labor Day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12