Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,487

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    This attraction has always been the one that has been left out when it wasn't needed. I honestly thought it was a goner during the big refurb, but it's still there...
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  2. #17

    • New Mommy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    5,575

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    No one has noticed because well because no one goes on it.
    Count me as one who doesn't mind it's closure - though I admit if I were walking by I would have noticed. I would prefer no attraction closures, since it just looks bad, but this one certainly won't impact my visit.

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  3. #18

    • Disneyland 19 year APH
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brea, Ca
    Posts
    946

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    Quote Originally Posted by USS Seawolf View Post
    I disagree. IMO it's one of the best rides at CA. Relaxing with a great view of the lagoon. If I only go on one ride at CA, it's always this one or the ferris wheel.
    I said this statement because when was the last time when the ride operated at full capacity for longer than an hour and had a line queue that was not drained between cycles.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

  4. #19

    • Ducksketeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bonafide SoCal original
    Posts
    141

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I said this statement because when was the last time when the ride operated at full capacity for longer than an hour and had a line queue that was not drained between cycles.
    The ride does need to close sometimes because of the wind, but it doesn't matter, it's a very nice ride well within the "Midway/Pier" theme that existed in California during the early 20th century. I believe Walt would have loved this ride, just as Dumbo and the Rocket Jets have always been popular. Thing about this ride, is that it offers really wonderful views. It's also really cool how the CMs will often allow you to stay on the ride and take a 2nd turn.

    Personally I would rather see them scrap Tower of Terror and Bigfoot Rapids before they touch the Zephyr. The Zephyr is charming to DCA as the horse drawn trolly is to DL in my opinion.

  5. #20

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    170

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    I've been checking the daily calendar and I noticed that GZ is not listed as closed starting on October 15th. Does anybody know if that's an official date or just a placeholder that was picked because nobody knows the actual date for it to open back up?
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

  6. #21

    • Disneyland 19 year APH
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brea, Ca
    Posts
    946

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    From what I hear is they are waiting for a part come in maybe they got a ship date .
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

  7. #22

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I said this statement because when was the last time when the ride operated at full capacity for longer than an hour and had a line queue that was not drained between cycles.
    Um...the summer? In June I actually waited 15 minutes for it. The girls love it.

  8. #23

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,060

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    Any word on this? I only ask because this is one of the few rides in DCA that I can take my toddler on. Be nice to add another to the short list.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

  9. #24

    • SORCERER
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    170

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Any word on this? I only ask because this is one of the few rides in DCA that I can take my toddler on. Be nice to add another to the short list.
    Still closed, when I walked by it a few days ago.

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    89

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    News, you say. Am I the only one who thinks this ride is down nearly as much time as it is up. I get that it is a piece of amusement park history, but when a ride becomes as mechanically unreliable as Zephyr seems to be, it might be time to switch it out for something else. We pay a premium to attend Disney parks and IMO rides that are routinely out of service or take "3 weeks for a part"(ridiculous)need to go.

  11. #26

    • The doctor is in
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    1,014 miles away
    Posts
    2,019

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    I would replace the Zephyr with something else. I hardly ever see anyone on it. When I rode it in May it was a walk-on ride and there were like 4 other people riding with me.

  12. #27

    • formerly very helpful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,290

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    If it was to go away forever, I wouldn't miss it. There are other ways in the park to go around in a circle. The problem with removing it, however, is there still wouldn't really be enough room made to put in a first rate attraction, it seems.

  13. #28

    • Blew By You
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Santa Clarita, California, United States
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    I'm a Zephyr phile. It's the best trip to nowhere I've ever been on.

  14. #29

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    423

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    Frankly, I don't know how you can tell the difference between an open zephyr and closed zephyr. Crowds like the same to me either way.

    Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

  15. #30

    • Former Churro Jockey
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CA
    Posts
    1,095

    Re: Golden Zephyr is down Indefinitely

    Honestly, if they removed the Zephyr altogether, I don't think I'd notice. I forget that it's even there when it's open. But hey, if there are people who like it, and they're in line for that, it just makes the lines that I'm standing in for Soarin or Tower that much shorter.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

    My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Why do the Tea Cups and Carousel work, yet the Golden Zephyr dosen't
    By ssaamm in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 04:46 PM
  2. [Question] Why has the Golden Zephyr not been demolished
    By Malin in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 07:09 PM
  3. [News] Golden Zephyr to be closed ...for two days (4/25, 4/26)
    By Krillinish in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 12:01 AM
  4. Golden Zephyr getting yanked?
    By jimmay in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 09:47 PM
  5. Golden Zephyr - What Should Be Done To It?
    By Quacky4Donald in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 03:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •